ThinkPad Tablet - Diagnostics Utility

Search This thread
Dec 22, 2011
ThinkLandia
Check this out for TPT testing purposes.:)

Diagnostics Utility

1. Locate and open the Calculator Application.
2. Enter Code 786!34247 followed by = to start the Diagnostic.

Note: 786!34247 = RUN!DIAGS

Additional Info:
1. Once a test is completed, it will remain Green or Red (depending on the result), unless you do a Wipe Data on the TestApp.apk using Settings->Applications->Running services.
2. "TestApp" is the name of the app. Selecting EXIT will only close the UI but will remain opened in the background. Use a task manager or the built application manager to completely close(force stop) the app, else you would not be able lock the device (it will only turn off the screen).
3. Results log file(txt) are created under the external_sd folder.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2011
ThinkLandia
Haven't checked this out yet, but sounds good. How did you find it?
Well, I got my Lenovo Thinkvantage toolbox opened on my T410 running some diagnostics.

Then it came to me - what about this TPT - there should be some diagnostics somewhere (or code), so I googled "ThinkPad tablet diagnostics" and got some results http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=HT052605.

Unfortunately the link is restricted to Lenovo agents only. :( so I just tried what is in the results summary and it worked.

I did some test already, some are automatic and others are manually done. Only gives you green (for pass) and red (for fail).

Last edited:
Reactions: toenail_flicker

Top Liked Posts