CANT flash custon rom on DROID 3 at all!!

Search This thread

ovelayer

Mar 19, 2011
spokane
well yes.. i was on the 906 and i used the 890.. so right now i am on the 890!!!

yup..and that is why you have all your problems...
download my 1click sbf and use it...
then reinstall the .906 ota
then reroot
then install safestrap
and you will be good to go

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

p.s.
dont forget to root .906 use motofail

Reactions: greek_lover_69

greek_lover_69

Oct 5, 2009
Greece
then reroot
then install safestrap

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

p.s.

ok i get that... but do i have to reinstall the ,906? cant i just stay on the ,890?

greek_lover_69

Oct 5, 2009
Greece
your asking a celtics fan to root for okc..lol..:eek:
i guess its better then the other guys lol:p

haha... u have to miami beat u in the conf finals! by the way i^m a bulls fan... i just hate the heat n lebron^^! :) :p ;)

well the one click finished.. i started over with the whole procedure but still black screen!!

the only thing i can try no is flashing the ,906 sbf!!!
so i^m gonna try that!! and than follow the rest of the steps!

Last edited:

greek_lover_69

Oct 5, 2009
Greece
Finally it worked!!! :)) i^m so happy.. haha..

so here is what i did, so if anyone has the same problem! First of all ovelayers
one click form ,906 to ,890 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1686911

than flashing with rsd lite the ,906 sbf! the phone stays on the ,890 version for some reason but after that the flashing procedure just works fine!!! ;)

By the way i flashed CM9 and ok it looks good... but nothing seems to work really... i cant even make a phone call.. the call app brakes down! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: ovelayer

ovelayer

Mar 19, 2011
spokane
Finally it worked!!! :)) i^m so happy.. haha..

so here is what i did, so if anyone has the same problem! First of all ovelayers
one click form ,906 to ,890 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1686911

than flashing with rsd lite the ,906 sbf! the phone stays on the ,890 version for some reason but after that the flashing procedure just works fine!!! ;)

By the way i flashed CM9 and ok it looks good... but nothing seems to work really... i cant even make a phone call.. the call app brakes down! :)

yes my sbf takes you back to .890 lol..well a modified .890 :p if you want to be on .906 again just reinstall the .906 ota
and also cm9 and aokp are loaded with problems!

greek_lover_69

Oct 5, 2009
Greece
yes my sbf takes you back to .890 lol..well a modified .890 :p if you want to be on .906 again just reinstall the .906 ota
and also cm9 and aokp are loaded with problems!

just out of curiosity... the ,906 on ur thread what is it for? is it the ,906 ota u mentioned?

and another question. cause i dont know much about droid roms - working all these years with HTC... which rom do u suggest! i need one the is a little modded - pretty^^

- i^m on GSM.. no cdma here^^

ovelayer

Mar 19, 2011
spokane
just out of curiosity... the ,906 on ur thread what is it for? is it the ,906 ota u mentioned?

and another question. cause i dont know much about droid roms - working all these years with HTC... which rom do u suggest! i need one the is a little modded - pretty^^

no both files on my thread are sbf's just 2 ways to do it..1click (prefered) and rsdlite for those who still like to use rsdlite..
the .906 ota is an update to the android softwear you are running on your phone..
there are a few good roms to choose from..i would stay away from the ics roms as most of them are buggy and alot of functions do not work..
my choices would be
1. eclipse 3.0 (which i run)
2.mavrick 4.0
3.liberty 2.0
4.steel droid
have fun!

greek_lover_69

Oct 5, 2009
Greece
no both files on my thread are sbf's just 2 ways to do it..1click (prefered) and rsdlite for those who still like to use rsdlite..
the .906 ota is an update to the android softwear you are running on your phone..
there are a few good roms to choose from..i would stay away from the ics roms as most of them are buggy and alot of functions do not work..
my choices would be
2.mavrick 4.0
3.liberty 2.0
4.steel droid
have fun!

thanks a lot... i have all these roms on my phone.. i will flash a view and give them a shot!!
one last question if i have multiple languages installed for my keyboard.. is there any shortcut or combination on the keyboard for changing languages... like on windows? :)

slayer621

Dec 12, 2011
Swiftkey X supports multiple languages. It's worth the price!

Sent from my DROID3 using xda premium

greek_lover_69

Oct 5, 2009
Greece
my choices would be
2.mavrick 4.0
3.liberty 2.0
4.steel droid
have fun!

i intalled eclipse 1.1 and 1.2 both hang up all the time and reboot...

i^m gonna try the NOT overclocked one!
which version do u run? i have to say eclipse looks pretty!!! but i would like multilanguage support and on eclpise there are only english and spanish like in the verizon roms!!

Endoroid

Aug 28, 2011
Surrey
i intalled eclipse 1.1 and 1.2 both hang up all the time and reboot...

i^m gonna try the NOT overclocked one!
which version do u run? i have to say eclipse looks pretty!!! but i would like multilanguage support and on eclpise there are only english and spanish like in the verizon roms!!

Some devices just don't like overclocking. My first d3 wouldn't overclock but this one runs the 1.2 just fine. Go figure

Sent from my XT860 using xda premium

ovelayer

Mar 19, 2011
spokane
Some devices just don't like overclocking. My first d3 wouldn't overclock but this one runs the 1.2 just fine. Go figure

knock on wood i still have my orig droid 3 from the day it launched!:p
but yeah it is strange how the oc's will work on some but not others..
wonder if it has to do with if your on .890 or .906:confused:

Endoroid

Aug 28, 2011
Surrey
knock on wood i still have my orig droid 3 from the day it launched!:p
but yeah it is strange how the oc's will work on some but not others..
wonder if it has to do with if your on .890 or .906:confused:

I dropped mine and put a huge crack in the screen so I used my insurance to get a new one. 150 instead of 600. And at least now I can overclock, plus it got me onto 2.3.6 as the sbf wasn't out at the time

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    you are probably using rick#2's modded safestrap 1.08f
    use 1.08e or hashcodes 1.08
    I don't know if it will fix your issues, but you're supposed to do all the wiping before you flash, not afterwards. You could have wiped system as well when you did those wipes, so it would have completely undone the whole flashing process.
    After you enable “Safe System”, you must then go to the “Mount” menu and choose “Format System". Then Wipe Data & Cache, Install Your Custom Rom, Wipe Data & Cache, and reboot.

If the SKIP the step of going to "Mount" and "Format System", you will get stuck on a black screen upon reboot 100% of the time!

Hope this helps!
    its possible... i will look at it tommorow cause i have all these files on another PC!
    lets says i did what u mentioned... what has happened?

ok i looked it up right now i am on the ,890 so the other version must have been the,906 i returned to the ,890 cause on the other version i could not flash!!!

so give me your lights! :) what happened!

if you were on .906 and used the .890 some files could not be reverted back so you would have a ton of problems...which it sounds like what has happened to you lol...simple fix..head on over to my thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1686911 and download the 1click and follow the directions and you will be back on track
    well yes.. i was on the 906 and i used the 890.. so right now i am on the 890!!!

then reroot
    then install safestrap

p.s.