U8820... IDEM version of the ideos x5?

Search This thread

dhk.-

Aug 9, 2011
Rancagua
In my country, Nextel is coming in the business and have a Huawei u8820 that is the same x5 (it's the same in the out, have adreno 205 gpu too, 5MP camera) but with a button for ptt calls, an 1GHz processor but without HD video recording... Also is called Huawei titan u8820 but I can't find information in Google... Maybe somebody here can help me...

Last edited:

eddydc1

Nov 6, 2010
Its kernel specs are soo different thei are so weird cache size is like 4mb ..... weird

Gatyto

Aug 2, 2011
Principally I want know where or how can I get the vendor and device files...

Parece que nos tendremos que quedar con el 2.2.2 ..... Ni siquiera puedo dejarlo con root para habilitar el navigator

Lo único bueno y por lo que me cambie a nextel...es la velocidad

Saludos compatriota

dhk.-

Aug 9, 2011
Rancagua
in english too man xDxD

en ingles tmb hombre xDxD

oye si andube buscando y no lo actualizaran a 4.0 por la estabilidad que les da 2.2

PuntPT

Feb 4, 2012
Porto
I've see this information in search on google, and this device is Huawei Titan u8820, and i think you can install the Aurora (i'm not sure), specs and socs are the same, only the processor run in 1GHz...
But without attempting to install a new rom you will not know if your phone is deep inside a u8800. Do this for its own account. :D
Good luck.

Last edited:

Unrealized

Dec 19, 2011
Principally I want know where or how can I get the vendor and device files...

That's the problem. You need to rip the vendor files out of the stock rom. Huawei didn't ship the device files, at least for Ideos X5.

I'm personally porting the AOSP Gingerbread for my Ideos X5 and I'm using the msm7630_surf device tree. It's the best I could get my hands on.

You need to figure out which chipset it uses and then clone the tree which matches your device :) (here, for Ideos X5 it's the msm7630_surf.git tree..)