• Total voters
Search This thread

Apr 21, 2012
My new Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 is really slow :
- the apps menu is slow, looks like 15 fps or so
- crashes games like Riptide GP
- plays games like Angry Birds and Temple Run at some 20 fps
- music player list is also slow
I'll do a hard reset and flash the first custom ROM. Anyone else have the same problems ?

PanchoPlanet

Oct 15, 2011
Crooklyn
A hard reset will usually cure this issue, try resolving issue before rooting.
Pp.

Transmitted from another galaxy using a "clean" P-5113.

panamakevin

I was having the same problem with my Galaxy Tab 2 and did a hard reset. This seemed to fix everything and it is running AOK. I am going to keep it running stock for a while though, its nice and smooth now and I want to wait till there is a really good reason for me to root it. Not to mention I am still waiting on them to get the ROMs a little more fine tuned.

K

knucklesmckay

I am on the tab 2 7inch, and mine is not slow. I think it has the same internals as 10"

PanchoPlanet

Oct 15, 2011
Crooklyn
I'm running the sgrant "clean rom" v 1.1 and Apex launcher and it's smooth as butter, not to mention I got rid of the bloatware.
Pp.

Apr 21, 2012
I've moved to Infected ROM - better, but for gaming, it's the same. Can anyone confirm that they can run popular low-medium quality games like Angry Birds and Temple Run smoothly (60 fps) on a GT-P5113 ?

Kinoal

Jun 15, 2012
Mine is really slow too :( It's really not like the Ipad :(

It's more more slower than an Ipad but I use just to read comics and go on the internet.

Apr 21, 2012
I now run latest CM9 with OC kernel, but some older games like Drag Racing are still practically unplayable. Does anyone here have a good experience with this title especially ?

.Romulous.

Jun 30, 2012
I had the same issue with my new Tab 2 10.1, which manifested itself after only a couple of days.

A bit of digging on the forums stated that it could be a rogue app that was installed, however I was unable to diagnose the offending app.

Perplexed and slightly annoyed I decided to install CM9 and have not looked back.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using xda premium

Arrizqi

Apr 21, 2011
Ponorogo
www.facebook.com
I think it should because of the GPU & CPU speed of galaxy tab. As we know p5100 using an powervr GPU. NVIDIA Tegra should be better than powervr. But if you want to increase the speed of your tab try to use custom ROM and OC. Or you can sell your tab and buy a new lower price tab like Transformer, Motorola Xoom, or Sony S tablet which powered by Tegra GPU that could run the graphics smoothly :fingers-crossed:

singhmoody

Sep 22, 2012
I'm running the sgrant "clean rom" v 1.1 and Apex launcher and it's smooth as butter, not to mention I got rid of the bloatware.
Pp.

When I install cleanrom 1.1 on my GT-P5113 after following all root procedures, it stucks at boot screen showing samsung galaxy tab 2
And it never progresses beyond that screen. Do you have any suggestions?

K

knucklesmckay

When I install cleanrom 1.1 on my GT-P5113 after following all root procedures, it stucks at boot screen showing samsung galaxy tab 2

I think cleanrom was only built for the tab 2 7.0". If so, it will not work on the tab 2 10inch.

Hopefully you installed a custom recovery like clockwork mod when rooting.

You will need to manually boot into stock recovery and then select recovery again from their. I believe its power and volume down, then vol down to navigate and vol up to select.

Once in your custom recovery (clockworkmod) you will need to wipe data and cache and restore a back up you have made of stock or install a ROM from sdcard. The ROM needs to be specifically made for your device.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

PanchoPlanet

Oct 15, 2011
Crooklyn

Try flashing the original cleanrom 1.0 version first and see how that goes , if its good make a nandroid in cwm, then do the update to 1.1 version. I only ran the 1.0 version for a while, now I'm back on the infected rom, it runs a bit smoother and the Wi-Fi always comes back on after long sleeps.

Pp.

Sent from my ginger infused Mayan calculator.

MrAndroid12

Mar 30, 2011
Auckland
I think it should because of the GPU & CPU speed of galaxy tab. As we know p5100 using an powervr GPU. NVIDIA Tegra should be better than powervr. But if you want to increase the speed of your tab try to use custom ROM and OC. Or you can sell your tab and buy a new lower price tab like Transformer, Motorola Xoom, or Sony S tablet which powered by Tegra GPU that could run the graphics smoothly :fingers-crossed:

Sorry for bumping a thread, but not that tegra crap again. Tegra 2 is barely any faster than the powervr released in 2007 used in the tab 2. Tegra 2 is a crap chip in itself released in 2010-2011 with nvidias marketing gimmick of optimising the hell out of games for invidia, running it at a lower than native res, bumping the graphics high while paying developers to lower graphics for other chipsets and reverse optimise it.

Tegra 2 can't even play high profile 480ps smoothly while powervr sgx 540 + neon can do so at 1080p.

androidsuck

Jan 25, 2014
slow tabs

To solve this.
I was dumb ass i payed 400 $ first samsung tab2 3g and then 420 $ for a tab3 4g
You should see them now i used them for targets whit my shothgun

And now i use an ipad tada evry thing works flawless.
Cheap android bull****

njstein

Jan 25, 2013
Boise
To solve this.
I was dumb ass i payed 400 $ first samsung tab2 3g and then 420 $ for a tab3 4g
You should see them now i used them for targets whit my shothgun

And now i use an ipad tada evry thing works flawless.
Cheap android bull****

Suck @ss, douche. Go troll somewhere else. If you weren't such an idiot you can mod a Tab so it makes an ipad the irrelevant p.o.s that it is. Thank god you went to Crapple so I wouldn't have to deal with a d-bag like yourself on these forums.