Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

svetius

Retired User Experience Admin
Dec 23, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
OnePlus 9 Pro
Today we are announcing the public beta of the new "2013" theme for the XDA forums. This theme is in active development, though for the most part it should be suitable for daily use. You can access it via the "Style Chooser" in the bottom left corner of most pages.

Please note: this theme is not bug free. It's possible that you will notice some funky behavior while using it.

Some of the primary benefits/features:
  • When we finish optimizing, it will be significantly faster than the existing "XDA 2010" theme.
  • Optimized for displays 1280 width screen resolution
  • We've added a sidebar to update you on PMs and subscribed threads/forums. This is collapsible for users when reading threads.
  • Tabbed home page which will default to showing your subscriptions to give you easy-access to the forums you care about most.
  • Enhanced device information pages (for example: http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1533) that will show specs and root instructions for some devices.
  • Plus many other little additions and improvements.

Most of the user-facing changes are cosmetic. We created XDA 2013 as a platform for much more significant enhancements to the site, which will be rolling out over the next few months.

Please use this thread to report on bugs. If you have general thoughts/comments/suggestions, please post your thoughts in this thread.

Thank you for your help!

Last edited:

SmXtrem

Mar 27, 2012
Satu Mare
Nice theme :D

By me the theme is to big i must scroll left and right if this is a bug :)

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 771

-viperboy-

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 24, 2007
PA
I don't believe the 2013 Beta theme shows how many pages the thread is from within the thread.

japmsn

Apr 14, 2011
Not really a bug, but unlike the 2010 version, big images expand the width of the page instead of adding a horizontal scroll to the image, as an example the image posted by m1l4droid @ page 1 post #9 in this thread.

Browser: Opera 11.64 & Chrome 19.0.1084.56 m

Fixed - bitpushr

Last edited by a moderator:

TeeJay3800

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 31, 2009
Michigan
I'm not sure this is a bug or part of the feature set of the new theme, but mod/admin user names don't appear in red as they did in the 2010 theme. Happening for me on SRWare Iron 19 and XP SP3.

UpGado

Jan 18, 2012
Berlin
New Bug : When i click on The XDA-Logo AT THE BOTTOM , it navigates me to xdadevelopers.com which is an empty site ,, it should be xda-developers.com ,
Please click thanks , i have few thanks :(

Admin EDIT -- Fixed. Thanks. Good catch.

Last edited:

invasion2

Oct 3, 2011
Space, the ONLY Frontier
Sent this in a PM to bitpushr -

When searching for the threads I made, it does not show which forum it is in. - FIXED
In the "Find you Device..." tab, you can't use the arrows on the keyboard to scroll down to your device, you must manually click it.
This is not a bug, just a request - Don't make the arrow of all the people who thanked a post way to the right. I'd prefer it to be right next to the words "The following *number here* users thanks *username here* for this post".

Not sure if any of these are fixed, but will still report.

stewi21

Mar 23, 2010
Sydney
for some reason this page (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1719953) is too wide for my 1280x800 screen (zoom is set to actual size) however when i go to page 2 it all fits. Using chrome 19.0.1084.56 on OSX 10.7.4

[EDIT] Also, just as a suggestion, I think the portal widget thingy that is now on the right of the forums squishes everything up, but thats just my opinion :)

Last edited:

roofrider

Jul 24, 2011
Bangalore, IN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Today we are announcing the public beta of the new "2013" theme for the XDA forums. This theme is in active development, though for the most part it should be suitable for daily use. You can access it via the "Style Chooser" in the bottom left corner of most pages.

Please note: this theme is not bug free. It's possible that you will notice some funky behavior while using it.

Some of the primary benefits/features:
    • When we finish optimizing, it will be significantly faster than the existing "XDA 2010" theme.
    • Optimized for displays 1280 width screen resolution
    • We've added a sidebar to update you on PMs and subscribed threads/forums. This is collapsible for users when reading threads.
    • Tabbed home page which will default to showing your subscriptions to give you easy-access to the forums you care about most.
    • Enhanced device information pages (for example: http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1533) that will show specs and root instructions for some devices.
    • Plus many other little additions and improvements.

Most of the user-facing changes are cosmetic. We created XDA 2013 as a platform for much more significant enhancements to the site, which will be rolling out over the next few months.

Please use this thread to report on bugs. If you have general thoughts/comments/suggestions, please post your thoughts in this thread.

Thank you for your help!
    Nice theme :D

By me the theme is to big i must scroll left and right if this is a bug :)
    I can't view attachments from yesterday..Using ChromePlus...From what i have seen,i am not the only one with the bug too :)

This is a residual issue from a server crash earlier in the week. Should be back to normal soon.

--------------------
    Sent from the United States and my DROID Charge using Verizon's fast LTE network.
    Need to support window size...

I have a 1280x1024 screen, but I use it for more that just web browsing. So, I always have my FF window taking up less than full screen.

I think requiring the 1280 width is a bad move. I don't know what is involved, but I think the layout needs to be scaled according to the browser window size.

Let me know when this is changed. I like the general look of 2013, but I'm switching back to 2010 just so I don't have to scroll horizontally all the time.
    New Bug : When i click on The XDA-Logo AT THE BOTTOM , it navigates me to xdadevelopers.com which is an empty site ,, it should be xda-developers.com ,
    Please click thanks , i have few thanks :(

Admin EDIT -- Fixed. Thanks. Good catch.