Search This thread

fullblast

Jan 24, 2012
Well ain't that a B**** amazon changed my shipping to 1 day but the shipping date is now the 28th and delivery date is now next friday lol the 29th which is later then the 26-28 estimate i had originally..if i wasnt saving 50 bux on tax think I'd just walk into a ATT store..

I called to change mine to one day shipping and was denied. My delivery date still shows the 25th. I think I will just leave it and find something to do outside over the weekend like normal people. Obsessing over this phone hasn't been good for me. :banghead:

LarryLars

Sep 27, 2010
New York
I went into my local store after work and asked the CSR if he had any info and all he kept saying was "soon". WELL, DUH. :rolleyes:

I just stopped in to my local store (there alot) and my boy said he would have them Thursday (21st), I also tried to do an in store pre-order but the comp wouldnt let him. I asked how many pre-orders they took and he said around 10. So heres to hoping I get mine on the 21st!

pinoymutt

Nov 7, 2008
SoCal
Well, eventually somebody will get the international 1GB and U.S. 2GB side by side for a comparison. Launch Chrome, G+, Gmail, AngryBirds, Wordfeud, etc, etc, etc, on both phones, then demo which is much faster at switching back in the activity stack because it still hasn't been pushed out of ram yet.

The closest is some of the reviews and comparisons that have been done with the One X int'l and US versions. The difference though is the US SGS III will have the bump in RAM -- but at the end of the day, most people in everyday use won't notice too much of a difference.

http://phandroid.com/2012/04/30/htc-one-x-quad-core-vs-htc-one-x-dual-core-video-roundup/

Shamanai

Jun 20, 2012
Tampa
I've been lurking for a while now and decided to create a profile and finally post. I pre-ordered on 6/11 in store and was told TODAY by the rep who took my order that the device will launch on 6/21 in the store. I'm in Tampa. Another thing, he sounded confident in his response and said in a, "How could you not know that is when we're getting it?" type of tone!

I'm beginning to think having it sent to the store was a better idea... hmm

Last edited:

pinoymutt

Nov 7, 2008
SoCal
Wow, that's news to me. It worked for my SGSII - what devices don't work with the jig?

It works on the ATT SGSII as long as you haven't updated the bootloaders. Some of the post-launch updates and leaks contained the new bootloaders that rendered the jig trick for resetting the counter useless -- and all the new phones and devices (like the Note, SGSIII, etc.) all have this and then some built into the factory shipped bootloaders to prevent easy resetting. However, I believe it still works for the download mode (which is the primary purpose of it, the flash counter reset was an unintended - but nice - side effect).

My SGSII still has the old bootloaders (even though I'm running an ICS ROM) for this very reason.

Reactions: mharmon

mharmon

Oct 4, 2006
San Antonio, TX

3rdamention

Jan 10, 2012
We will receive when we receive, still not even late...........if not OK with you, cancel your order and move on already. Take up golf, shuffleboard, or whatever. Too many complaints for something we can't even complain about, quite yet!!

These posts are getting old. This thread is for speculating and discussing Release Date Info for the ATT S3. You do not have to come in here, so please, just stop with the high and mighty posts telling everyone to "calm down, get over it, get a hobby!"

I am not directing this at you specifically Nascar, sorry if you feel that way, but there are quite a few posts like yours and the condescending comments towards everyone like they are 3 years old are just too much.

If you dont want to read these specific posts, then do not come into the thread. Just ignore this thread and simply wait till you get yours, like you are telling everyone else. It is just taking some of the fun of speculating and discussing. Some people want to wait patiently, and have no problem with this, others want to discuss every little chat and phone conversation and dissect every word. IT is all in good fun and anticipation. Many people are so excited for this phone ,the get that kid at Christmas mentality and just want to talk about it, its not hurting anyone.

None of these "woah is me, where is my fine, gosh darnit I was told the 21st" posts are hurting anyone. They are fun to read and help pass the time. Just look at it like that.

Last edited:

m4gast0n

Nov 12, 2010
Not sure if this is legit, but found this so called sgh-i747 and sgh-i9300 speed comparison.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5JV7p7x0o4

If you can see a difference in tasks as minor as bringing up a menu, it's not legit. Either of these phones should be so ridiculously overpowered for running simple ICS tasks, the eye wouldn't be able to perceive a difference, unless there is major trouble with the firmware.

That being said, the dual-core should technically be slightly faster for a number of standard operations, due to the better pipeline and bus speeds, and the fact that ICS isn't so optimized for quad-core usage.

It would take a resource-intensive game/application or benchmark to notice anything.

akgrown

Mar 13, 2010

Artimus009

Apr 30, 2011
Jacksonvillle
No need to worry about tripping the yellow triangle or the counter...there's an app for that...lol. Seriously though, its called triangle away by chain fire I think. Its been updated for the international SGS3 and will most likely be updated for North American version as well.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

mehdi_s82

Oct 30, 2007
Rockville, MD
called my local at&t corporate store and the guy said they too thought launch day is tomorrow but today they've been told its on 6/28 and they won't have it even on display till then :mad:

DarkredD14

Jun 19, 2012
ubergizmo dot com/2012/06/t-mobile-breaks-up-galaxy-s3-launch-into-two-phases-june-21-and-june-27/

Tmobile will be releasing the phone to the top markets in the country on the 21st and then next week the rest of the country will get it. This is probably what AT&T is doing as well.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This will be me at the AT&T store if I don't get my phone tomorrow. :mad:

PHO-10Jun23-234708.jpg
    It's true.. but copying their chat threads into a forum might just become a new MEME.

any other memes? :laugh:
    22360494.jpg
    We will receive when we receive, still not even late...........if not OK with you, cancel your order and move on already. Take up golf, shuffleboard, or whatever. Too many complaints for something we can't even complain about, quite yet!!

These posts are getting old. This thread is for speculating and discussing Release Date Info for the ATT S3. You do not have to come in here, so please, just stop with the high and mighty posts telling everyone to "calm down, get over it, get a hobby!"

I am not directing this at you specifically Nascar, sorry if you feel that way, but there are quite a few posts like yours and the condescending comments towards everyone like they are 3 years old are just too much.

If you dont want to read these specific posts, then do not come into the thread. Just ignore this thread and simply wait till you get yours, like you are telling everyone else. It is just taking some of the fun of speculating and discussing. Some people want to wait patiently, and have no problem with this, others want to discuss every little chat and phone conversation and dissect every word. IT is all in good fun and anticipation. Many people are so excited for this phone ,the get that kid at Christmas mentality and just want to talk about it, its not hurting anyone.

None of these "woah is me, where is my fine, gosh darnit I was told the 21st" posts are hurting anyone. They are fun to read and help pass the time. Just look at it like that.
    From what I have been told, pre-orders online should get theirs on the 22nd(friday) and in stores on the 25th(sunday)
    I plan on standing outside my ATT store one the 21st waiting. As the manager comes to open the doors, I will stare intensely at him, he will know why i'm there.