Post Reply Email Thread
20th June 2012, 02:05 AM |#131  
Flag Palm Desert, Ca
Thanks Meter: 119

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pairustwo

Do we need a specific Kernel for this AOKP ROM? Can I flash others to see If battery life will improve?

I believe this kernel is fixed to the build. I'm not positive though.

Sent from my Beast using Tapatalk Pro™
20th June 2012, 03:26 PM |#132  
Thanks Meter: 142

More
Quote:

Do we need a specific Kernel for this AOKP ROM? Can I flash others to see If battery life will improve?

You should be able to flash any kernel from Hascode or intersectRaven, as long as it's a 3.0 variant (intersectRaven still has some 2.6 kernels out there, but I think anything from Hashcode will be 3.0).
20th June 2012, 03:33 PM |#133  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Lightbulb USB Mass Storage
For those who is missing USB Mass Storage feature:

Install from market Android terminal emulator
Connect your KF to USB
In terminal execute next commands:
Code:
su
SuperUser will ask for superuser permissions - allow
Code:
setprop persist.sys.usb.config mass_storage,adb
Code:
reboot
Your device will be rebooted and we are done.

Or if you are in Windows just execute mass_storage.bat from attach and reboot KF
Attached Files
File Type: zip mass_storage.zip - [Click for QR Code] (786.3 KB, 534 views)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to iscander.drake For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iscander.drake Ad-Free
20th June 2012, 04:38 PM |#134  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Talking Lockscreen Music Player
While looking through the changelog for build 39 i noticed there was some mention of a lockscreen music player...is there a lockscreen player? if so how do you activate it? i'm still on build 35 because im waiting for something to motivate me to get a newer build...this might do it......which build is this lockscreen player available from?
20th June 2012, 05:20 PM |#135  
Flag Palm Desert, Ca
Thanks Meter: 119

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemmycupid

While looking through the changelog for build 39 i noticed there was some mention of a lockscreen music player...is there a lockscreen player? if so how do you activate it? i'm still on build 35 because im waiting for something to motivate me to get a newer build...this might do it......which build is this lockscreen player available from?

39 is trash for tablets, its bootlooping across the board. You can only force installation. Skip 39. Wait until 40.

Sent from my Beast using Tapatalk Pro™
The Following User Says Thank You to StarkCity For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift StarkCity Ad-Free
20th June 2012, 06:25 PM |#136  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:

AOKP is using Hash's kernel at the moment. Feel free to try others, but I don't think we have many choices here.

Gửi từ Kindle Lửa của tôi qua Tapatalk 2
20th June 2012, 09:46 PM |#137  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iscander.drake

For those who is missing USB Mass Storage feature:

Install from market Android terminal emulator
Connect your KF to USB
In terminal execute next commands:

Code:
su
SuperUser will ask for superuser permissions - allow
Code:
setprop persist.sys.usb.config mass_storage,adb
Code:
reboot
Your device will be rebooted and we are done.

Or if you are in Windows just execute mass_storage.bat from attach and reboot KF

Hm, it works and it shows the mass storage interface on the device, but my computer doesn't detect the device when connected, only adb is detected. I'm assuming it's working for you?

EDIT: Got it to work, had to disable USB debugging in developer options first. Thanks!
20th June 2012, 11:14 PM |#138  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinv20

thanks worked great

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky75

To solve tiny nav bar buttons problem - just add menu button as 4th button in the nav bar.

It doesn't seem to work on Build 38? Any ideas?

UPDATE: or maybe it is ROM based it is only on specific apps that they are small. Like XDA, maxthon, etc.
22nd June 2012, 08:25 AM |#139  
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 481

More
rooted, installed twrp, wiped, and install aokp 38, and I'm getting nothing but boot animation, and I cannot seem to reboot into recovery... any suggestions?

Edit: Now it's just sitting at kindle fire boot logo (forever)

Fan-f*ckin-tastic.

Edit: apparently I can get to recovery with hitting it just right on a forced reboot + kf util

Edit 2: now im on short bootloops and its not picking up KF util.. (this is a cf..)
22nd June 2012, 02:57 PM |#140  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Buttons too small
How would one add the menu button to the navigation bar?

SOLVED - Never mind I figured it out. Had to go to ROM Control settings > Navigation Bar > Button 4 action & icon. I was pressing the right side of that and it was asking how I wanted to complete the action. Pressing the left side of that button brings up what button you want to use. Select Menu. Done.
The Following User Says Thank You to oneofayykind For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift oneofayykind Ad-Free
22nd June 2012, 04:20 PM |#141  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delvien

rooted, installed twrp, wiped, and install aokp 38, and I'm getting nothing but boot animation, and I cannot seem to reboot into recovery... any suggestions?

Edit: Now it's just sitting at kindle fire boot logo (forever)

Fan-f*ckin-tastic.

Edit: apparently I can get to recovery with hitting it just right on a forced reboot + kf util

Edit 2: now im on short bootloops and its not picking up KF util.. (this is a cf..)

So you can't get into TWRP at all?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)