Search This thread

naturefreak85

Jun 18, 2007
Boca Raton
Automation to keep the wife happy... now that's worth it right there.

Yea, I have mine set up for the Car/Home/Work. I am considering keeping one on my wallet for nights out. I had written up something a while back about NFC and using it. I actually recently added 2 tags to my laundry room. I figured out the time cycles for the washer/dryer (shared machine, one on each floor) so I tap my phone to the tag, it sets an alarm and reminds me to get my clothes.

guitardude87

May 24, 2010
Miami, FL
AT&T is about as full of crap as your average politician. If I could manifest both AT&T and Samsung into an actual person, respectively, I'd kicked them both in the area where they should have nuts but don't -.- My money's on the phone coming before this week ends. And if it doesn't, I say we form a militia and hurl dog turds at the AT&T stores :mad:

vegas825

Jun 20, 2012
ok so i have been reading this thread for two days now but this is my first post. i finally got some time to call AT&T myself and check up on the shipping status, upgrade fee waiver, price matching etc.

the first call: spoke to a man named jason and he told me they do not price match and never have. he said i could call back when i have my S3 in hand and they will waive my upgrade fee then. that was a little confusing because why couldn't he do it then and there? I asked for him to speak to his supervisor and he he came back and said the same thing. I think it was all BS and he just put the phone down for 45 sec and then picked it back up and said the same thing to me. As far as shipping, he said customer service agents received a notice last night that ALL preorders are delayed until June 28th. As in they won't be shipped till then. I didn't quite believe this guy since he was sounding lazy when I was talking to him so I decided to call again...

the second call: spoke to a woman and she told me they do not price match nor will they waive my upgrade fee. she was even rude enough to tell me to cancel my order and order through a third party (amazon, target) if i want to save money. i told her she was rude and she tried to say the exact same thing in a little more politely. i was being polite the whole time and i got fed up so i asked to speak to her supervisor. she put me on hold and i spoke to another woman who was much nicer. she also said that they do not price match third party stores but she would be able to waive my upgrade fee (i would post proof but my billing cycle starts/ends today and she said it won't show up on my account until my next billing cycle). anyways i asked her about the shipping and she said that phones will start shipping out tomorrow and I should expect it June 23 at the earliest and June 28 at the latest.

hope my experience helps. i can't wait to get this phone as well.

scrubinator

Nov 12, 2008
Yea, I have mine set up for the Car/Home/Work. I am considering keeping one on my wallet for nights out. I had written up something a while back about NFC and using it. I actually recently added 2 tags to my laundry room. I figured out the time cycles for the washer/dryer (shared machine, one on each floor) so I tap my phone to the tag, it sets an alarm and reminds me to get my clothes.

I use tasker for automation... no tapping on anything... it just does it for me based on sensors, time, etc. I do like the clothes alarm idea though!

malaeum

Jan 6, 2011
Charlottesville, VA

Now thats a damn good idea. I know these tags are a great idea, I'm just not creative enough to make great use of them yet. I've got no ball and chain I have to notify if I think of moving more than 10 feet and that seems to be the constant go to example. I can't wait to see what others come up with.

kparaju

Jun 7, 2012
Cary, NC
This will be me at the AT&T store if I don't get my phone tomorrow. :mad:

PHO-10Jun23-234708.jpg

naturefreak85

Jun 18, 2007
Boca Raton
Now thats a damn good idea. I know these tags are a great idea, I'm just not creative enough to make great use of them yet. I've got no ball and chain I have to notify if I think of moving more than 10 feet and that seems to be the constant go to example. I can't wait to see what others come up with.

I have no ball/chain either. No longer at least, back when I had posted about what I could do with them, I did. I bought them in bulk (I want to have them added to my business cards down the road.) and I don't regret it. There is so many options for what you can do with them, it's amazing.

---------- Post added at 12:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

I use tasker for automation... no tapping on anything... it just does it for me based on sensors, time, etc. I do like the clothes alarm idea though!

I thought about Tasker, but sometimes I'll have to head up to the building I work in and not have to go into the office. If that's the case, then I risk my phone going to softer volumes and missing calls. The Tag is great since in that way, I just do it each time. With CM9 on my SGSII it works amazing for quick profile changes. I'm hoping that ATINM will get a US SGSII and start development for it. Right now I see he has the International, and that SOC will not make it easy to develop for the AT&T or other variants.

banquo372

Jun 20, 2012
ok so i have been reading this thread for two days now but this is my first post. i finally got some time to call AT&T myself and check up on the shipping status, upgrade fee waiver, price matching etc.

the first call: spoke to a man named jason and he told me they do not price match and never have. he said i could call back when i have my S3 in hand and they will waive my upgrade fee then. that was a little confusing because why couldn't he do it then and there? I asked for him to speak to his supervisor and he he came back and said the same thing. I think it was all BS and he just put the phone down for 45 sec and then picked it back up and said the same thing to me. As far as shipping, he said customer service agents received a notice last night that ALL preorders are delayed until June 28th. As in they won't be shipped till then. I didn't quite believe this guy since he was sounding lazy when I was talking to him so I decided to call again...

the second call: spoke to a woman and she told me they do not price match nor will they waive my upgrade fee. she was even rude enough to tell me to cancel my order and order through a third party (amazon, target) if i want to save money. i told her she was rude and she tried to say the exact same thing in a little more politely. i was being polite the whole time and i got fed up so i asked to speak to her supervisor. she put me on hold and i spoke to another woman who was much nicer. she also said that they do not price match third party stores but she would be able to waive my upgrade fee (i would post proof but my billing cycle starts/ends today and she said it won't show up on my account until my next billing cycle). anyways i asked her about the shipping and she said that phones will start shipping out tomorrow and I should expect it June 23 at the earliest and June 28 at the latest.

hope my experience helps. i can't wait to get this phone as well.

im calling BS on how they said "expect it june 23 and latest june 28"...in my opinion im taking that as "this is a nice way of shutting you guys up and saying we delayed all orders until the 28th"...im trying to be respectful to at&t but this is getting ridiculous..

guitardude87

May 24, 2010
Miami, FL
I just had my company's procurement department call their account rep in AT&T and they're saying that it should ship tomorrow. I pre-ordered on the 8th before 10AM Eastern Time. As usual, take this with a grain of salt...or a gallon of gin :D

Reactions: victor.letu

mharmon

Oct 4, 2006
San Antonio, TX

I just set a timer on my microwave when I need to be reminded to check the clothes, turn off the sprinkler, bring in the dog, etc. I can hear it all through the house and so can anyone else and I never have to worry about volume, being on silent, etc. It keeps going off until I deal with it.

I know it doesn't work for everyone, but sometimes it's easier than fiddling with the phone. Just my 2 cents. I may change my mind as soon as I start using the Tectiles.

EugeneR

May 16, 2006
Dallas, TX
My $0.02:
Called my local corporate AT&T store. The sales guy I always work with said, those who made a pre-order early in the store, supposed to get an email their phones would be available for them tomorrow for pick-up. Those who made pre-order late and those who did not - phones will be available for sale in the store on 28th. Same will be (my own extrapolation) with online pre-orders.

naturefreak85

Jun 18, 2007
Boca Raton
I just set a timer on my microwave when I need to be reminded to check the clothes, turn off the sprinkler, bring in the dog, etc. I can hear it all through the house and so can anyone else and I never have to worry about volume, being on silent, etc. It keeps going off until I deal with it.

I know it doesn't work for everyone, but sometimes it's easier than fiddling with the phone. Just my 2 cents. I may change my mind as soon as I start using the Tectiles.

Don't buy the tectiles, they are overpriced.

I'd recommend tagstand.com the tags are identical and a fraction of the cost.

Also while that's useful, my microwave doesn't work when I'm blasting music (love that Symphonic Metal and Power Metal) and I always have my phone with me, so the tags work perfectly for me there.

Reactions: Mentalmuso

GThay

Jun 20, 2012
I'm also going to call bull**** on the people who are claiming to receive the $50 Target price-match credit.

I just got off the phone with AT&T's customer service and I escalated the call all the up to their top tier management. They said there is nothing they can do and won't be price matching. The guy that I spoke to said I had the option to go ahead and cancel my pre-order and order it through Target if I wanted. Pretty frustrated with the whole thing. In the end I just said **** it and kept my pre-order with them.

Oh it just takes a couple calls and a little stern I'm not going to stand for this lol... :D
Sorry I'm a newb and can't post outside links yet...
hxxp://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e370/GT7245/xD.png

Reactions: send2amrish

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
Sony Xperia 1 V
Don't buy the tectiles, they are overpriced.

I'd recommend tagstand.com the tags are identical and a fraction of the cost.

Also while that's useful, my microwave doesn't work when I'm blasting music (love that Symphonic Metal and Power Metal) and I always have my phone with me, so the tags work perfectly for me there.

Now THAT.... is some useful information :D

Jun 19, 2012
Sleep

I thought about Tasker, but sometimes I'll have to head up to the building I work in and not have to go into the office. If that's the case, then I risk my phone going to softer volumes and missing calls. The Tag is great since in that way, I just do it each time. With CM9 on my SGSII it works amazing for quick profile changes. I'm hoping that ATINM will get a US SGSII and start development for it. Right now I see he has the International, and that SOC will not make it easy to develop for the AT&T or other variants.[/QUOTE]

Tasker does dates times and locations among other things. It could probably accomplish that as well, even when being in the same building but not the office.

However, there will always be times when x situation happens outside of taskers parameters.

Standard YMMV applies.

switchover

Jun 20, 2012
updates from a samsung employee

Just a lurker here and this is my first post. Our work location in Bridgewater NJ also has a Samsung device testing group working here. Spoke with one of the managers who works there, and he said that they are out of stock on the blue SG3's for AT&T. So it seems to be a long wait. I pre-ordered mine on 06/08, Status still showing as back ordered.:mad::mad::mad:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This will be me at the AT&T store if I don't get my phone tomorrow. :mad:

PHO-10Jun23-234708.jpg
    It's true.. but copying their chat threads into a forum might just become a new MEME.

any other memes? :laugh:
    22360494.jpg
    We will receive when we receive, still not even late...........if not OK with you, cancel your order and move on already. Take up golf, shuffleboard, or whatever. Too many complaints for something we can't even complain about, quite yet!!

These posts are getting old. This thread is for speculating and discussing Release Date Info for the ATT S3. You do not have to come in here, so please, just stop with the high and mighty posts telling everyone to "calm down, get over it, get a hobby!"

I am not directing this at you specifically Nascar, sorry if you feel that way, but there are quite a few posts like yours and the condescending comments towards everyone like they are 3 years old are just too much.

If you dont want to read these specific posts, then do not come into the thread. Just ignore this thread and simply wait till you get yours, like you are telling everyone else. It is just taking some of the fun of speculating and discussing. Some people want to wait patiently, and have no problem with this, others want to discuss every little chat and phone conversation and dissect every word. IT is all in good fun and anticipation. Many people are so excited for this phone ,the get that kid at Christmas mentality and just want to talk about it, its not hurting anyone.

None of these "woah is me, where is my fine, gosh darnit I was told the 21st" posts are hurting anyone. They are fun to read and help pass the time. Just look at it like that.
    From what I have been told, pre-orders online should get theirs on the 22nd(friday) and in stores on the 25th(sunday)
    I plan on standing outside my ATT store one the 21st waiting. As the manager comes to open the doors, I will stare intensely at him, he will know why i'm there.