Who actually uses screen protectors?

Search This thread

portalgod

Feb 20, 2010
I've been using Zagg Invisible Shields for about 5 yrs, both on my captivate and my old Blackjack 2. Protected the screen great and is not an eye sore given that it's cut specifically for that device. I'd recommends it any day and I'm continuing to use it.

It's not cheap though, but the price amortized across the life of my phone makes it worth it.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA App

JahCartel

Feb 22, 2012
Central, VA
I had a screen protector on my captivate and got one on my inspire 4g..

trust me..use one! make sure to thoroughly clean it prior and then put the screen protector and forget it..i never use those mirror screen protectors though they're horrible.

sternrulez

Nov 19, 2008
I realize it's been a long time since anyone posted in here, but the topic caught my attention due to a story I read on Yahoo the other day...apparently it's silly to put a screen protector on ANY phone anymore, unless you're extremely confident that you'll be using it in adverse conditions (dropping it, slamming it against things, etc.). According to the story, unless you have a habit of carrying coarse-grit sandpaper in your pocket/purse or a handful of nails, you're pretty much fine without one. I just got my 2nd captivate as the first one crapped out after 6 months, but I never had a screen protector on the first one, and it looked just as it did the day I bought it, so judge for yourself... :)

Wdustin1

Nov 19, 2010
Wichita, KS
I agree although I have had my cappy for 2 years now and there are a few noticeable scratches of you really look hard but nothing that I regret never putting one on there. But gorilla glass is not a miracle, it does scratch so people that want a perfectly flawless screen may want one

Sent from my AOKP Captivate.

Reactions: sternrulez

spotdog14

Apr 27, 2011
I'm not a fan of screen protectors. Just make sure you put it in your pocket without your keys.

giongto500

Aug 30, 2011
Have been using a cheap screen protector ( 3 for 1$) from amazon. Not really great but its super cheap and I just need to change it each 3 months, I think.:)

vileladelima

Dec 29, 2007
Redenção - PA -BRASIL
Can't live without screen protectors and my otterbox case.
There is to many dust here where I live, and I need to go to different farms, and work with my cappy....
Three screen protectors are really essential!

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA

ReDaved

Mar 19, 2011
Sequoia
It is actually possible to scratch the screen.
My son has had his cappy longer than mine, and he tends to put it in the same pocket with his keys, and over the 14 months or so, there is visible abrasion on one of the corners. It isn't real bad, but it is definitely visible

rs3freak

Apr 26, 2012
New York
i use a screen protector and i dont mind it. i no it has the glass and what not and i have not had a screen protector till about a month ago but i look at it as ya never no, it is still glass

Darkangels6sic6

Feb 3, 2011
Paid about $1.50ish on Ebay for 3 and they had fast shipping too. I absolutely have one and I'm glad too. It has a huge nick from a charger and it didn't even touch the screen. Yes it's Gorilla Glass, but it's still not immune to damage

Jon2288

Mar 23, 2012
I use zagg. It is a good protector, but I will warn you that cat's teeth will go through it if they want to get after it. Also, a knife will go through it as well. I know this from experience. :cool:

osdave

Apr 26, 2011
Romeoville, IL
I used a screen protector for the first year or so that I had my captivate (realook is my favorite), then I was replacing it one day and really liked the feel of the screen without it. So I left it off. Two months later, I was at the beach and swiped the screen - apparently there was a small grain of sand on my finger, so now I have a nice long scratch up the middle of the screen. I put a screen protector back on it, and it seems to camouflage the scratch pretty well...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    its gorilla glass you're wasting your 1.60! doesnt scratch.

this is the stupidest post ive seen all day. it CAN scratch. you have been sold on a product that works really well to prevent scratches better than most.. but still its not perfect, i have slipped my captivate out of one pocket and into another that had a penny in it and it made one small but long scratch.

a screen protector would have easily prevented this from happening....
    I am a big advocate of screen protectors.
    However, I took mine off to replace it a couple of days ago and looked at the screen without it on. Amazing! I never noticed the clarity of this screen before, or I just got accustomed to the filtered view through the protector.

Man, I think I am going to just be careful with my phone and run without a screen protector...
    I agree although I have had my cappy for 2 years now and there are a few noticeable scratches of you really look hard but nothing that I regret never putting one on there. But gorilla glass is not a miracle, it does scratch so people that want a perfectly flawless screen may want one

Sent from my AOKP Captivate.