adialcode
amarok remote
ambient
import_vcard.apk
jchat1.1 (doesnt work)
stocker
vOICE android (not sure what it does)
allbinary suite
itunes controller (i think this requires wifi)
multireader
httpdownloader (does this work for anyone?)
andro

startup.txt
loads android when haret his clicked

http://rapidshare.com/files/15345933..._mods.zip.html

Thanks playing with it now, let you know how it goes. Cheers

13th October 2008, 06:20 AM |#1082  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Martin,

if that guy got you the G1 Rom I am sure you have seen this:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=432661

hopefully this virtual keyboard is an APK we can borrow:

*edit, after further reading, this appears to be a "preview" so I have no idea if the image is real or official. Its a nice pic so i'll leave it up.
13th October 2008, 06:24 AM |#1083  
Flag Toronto, ON
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by unsungboxer

my key layout:
volume up/down work
power = back
d_pad center = menu

added new apps:
adialcode
amarok remote
ambient
import_vcard.apk
jchat1.1 (doesnt work)
stocker
vOICE android (not sure what it does)
allbinary suite
itunes controller (i think this requires wifi)
multireader
httpdownloader (does this work for anyone?)
andro

startup.txt
loads android when haret his clicked

http://rapidshare.com/files/15345933..._mods.zip.html

Doesn't work, I keep getting "Error reading file. Expected 4096 got 0" when I launch haret.

Edit: My bad, it didn't extract properly. Booting now
13th October 2008, 06:32 AM |#1084  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~David

Doesn't work, I keep getting "Error reading file. Expected 4096 got 0" when I launch haret.

Edit: My bad, it didn't extract properly. Booting now

whew good. I tested everything and it was working well for me
13th October 2008, 06:38 AM |#1085  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magister2k7

So, here is my first application for Google Android.
It will import contacts to Android’s address book from a file in VCard (.vcf) format.
Imported fields:
- Name
- All phones
- All emails
- Notes
Limitations:
If contact already exists, it will be deleted and a new contact is created. So don’t use this software for regular synchronization.
Download at http://magister.ipsys.net/lang/uk/20...d-vcard-import

Hey Magister,

I included your vcard importer in my for mentioned data.img file. It does not seem to work for me on my xv6900. It is behaving as an app that is not compiled for 1.0, as it does not appear in the application menu, however I am positive its in data/apps

I included it in this file so others who are unable to mount their data.img file can try. Any ideas whats going on?

btw, I appreciate that you took the initiative to build something like this.

-unsung
13th October 2008, 09:32 AM |#1086  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by unsungboxer

Martin,

if that guy got you the G1 Rom I am sure you have seen this:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=432661

hopefully this virtual keyboard is an APK we can borrow:

*edit, after further reading, this appears to be a "preview" so I have no idea if the image is real or official. Its a nice pic so i'll leave it up.

I WANT THIS!! lol.

we REALLY need a sip...can ANYONE right one?

i am starting out in c++ as of a few weeks ago...? and know some visual basic and have played with linux for quite a few hours...? idk. i highly doubt i would be anywhere near able to do this.

anybody?
13th October 2008, 07:35 PM |#1087  
Flag Moncton
Thanks Meter: 1,570

Donate to Me
More
so i have a question...not really related to android but generally related to running linux on the vogue. I would like to have a full linux distro that boots automaticly...meaning no more winmo.(i think this has been asked and discuss befor) i found a few distros but they all talk about a special bootloader(wich is not surprising) but i'm thinking that flashing one of these on the vogue would brick it. one example would be http://handhelds.org/familiar/ but they seem to be focused on HP products(anychance this would work on the vogue) but i guesse the real question here is. Is theire a full linux distro out theire that will run on vogue(this is when i wish i had stuck with linux in my eraly computer days cause now i just don't know enough about it to try and make one myself from the kernels and binaries i found i will probably at some point try to build one...maybe more once i get a new phone so as not to brick my onle phone) sorry if this as already been talked about just had to ask and i really like linux more tha windows for stability sake...i just wish i knew more about it.
13th October 2008, 08:39 PM |#1088  

More
I'm not sure why you would want to do this... Other than a longer boot time due to having to start windows first, I see no reason to remove WM from my phone. Android on the Vogue, though making great strides, is in no way ready to replace WM. Even when it's ready, I'm not sure I ever will remove WM. There are too many risks with no gain. Android runs exactly the same having been launched from Haret as it would from Windows. Only from Android you cannot use ActiveSync to flash your radio if necessary.

And I don't think there's any validity to the stability argument. Windows Mobile is solid. I'd like to see some figures that demonstrate any mobile Linux distribution is more reliable than Windows Mobile.

I'll be using Android on my vogue, but I'll be launching it from Haret.
13th October 2008, 08:42 PM |#1089  
Flag Moncton

Donate to Me
More
ok so my stability argument was based on desktop distro's. I'm sure i'm in over my head but i would just like to have linux running on my phone...so i can boot right to it no windows at all....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grondinm For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Grondinm Ad-Free
13th October 2008, 08:54 PM |#1090  

More
My contract will be up and I'll be ready to buy an Android phone before Android is ever stable enough on the Vogue to completely replace windows. I would recommend against replacing WM on your Vogue.

And off-topic: I would like to see figures proving Linux is more stable than Windows XP on even a desktop. I've used both extensively, and have had more application crashes in Linux after a week than in XP in a year. Linux itself may be solid, but many applications distributed with Linux are not.
13th October 2008, 09:03 PM |#1091  
Flag Moncton

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pchasco

My contract will be up and I'll be ready to buy an Android phone before Android is ever stable enough on the Vogue to completely replace windows. I would recommend against replacing WM on your Vogue.

And off-topic: I would like to see figures proving Linux is more stable than Windows XP on even a desktop. I've used both extensively, and have had more application crashes in Linux after a week than in XP in a year. Linux itself may be solid, but many applications distributed with Linux are not.

well i'm only talking about core functions here....of course the OS experience will only be as stable as the apps developed for it but linux at the core is more stable than windows will ever be...and i on the other hand(altho my experience with linux might be more limited than your i don't know) have had xp and vista crash at least once a week doing different things as for linux it never "crashed"(unless i messed up) in a 6 months spand.

On topic:Thanx for the recomendation that's kinda the way i was leaning was just wondering how possibble it might be.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, linux, vogue

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)