[APP][May 25th] CoreControl v1.4.2 [BETA] - Battery Profiles! - Root Only

1,912 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,046

Post Reply Email Thread
13th June 2012, 01:18 PM |#221  
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 465

More
Can we have a one core option aswell suprisingly on 2 cored web browsing is still very zippy with no slow down plus settings are not sticking on my phone.
13th June 2012, 01:42 PM |#222  
Flag Around Your Connection
Thanks Meter: 172

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jutley

Can we have a one core option aswell suprisingly on 2 cored web browsing is still very zippy with no slow down plus settings are not sticking on my phone.

+ + + 1

Sent from my HTC One X
13th June 2012, 04:47 PM |#223  
Flag UK

More
I am getting pretty good battery life in standby mode since I dropped to 2 cores can I try one core please.
13th June 2012, 04:48 PM |#224  
Flag Bavaria
Thanks Meter: 2,735

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I am getting pretty good battery life in standby mode since I dropped to 2 cores can I try one core please.

Not possible.

And it's not the 2 cores limit causing your drain for sure.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to jonas2295 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jonas2295 Ad-Free
13th June 2012, 06:41 PM |#225  
OP Senior Member
Flag Manchester

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I doubt my app will be helping in standby mode, the phone switches to the Companion Core when the screen is off and doesn't use any of the other 4.

I have found a mod which allows you to 'throttle' the companion core, possibly resulting in even better battery off time. For more information and future results please see this thread
If my tests are successful and it does indeed save us some battery life I'll code the feature into CoreControl so it throttles the cpu when the screen is off and then un-throttles when the device wakes up
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Meltus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Meltus Ad-Free
13th June 2012, 07:45 PM |#226  
Flag UK

More
IC well good work anyway keep up the good work.
16th June 2012, 05:20 PM |#227  
Thanks Meter: 65

More
is the program meant to remember how many cores you had set it to when you reboot?
16th June 2012, 08:33 PM |#228  
OP Senior Member
Flag Manchester

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by milomak

is the program meant to remember how many cores you had set it to when you reboot?

Yeah... it's meant to
There's a bug in the latest version where it doesn't get set on boot, I'll get it fixed for the next version.
21st June 2012, 09:38 PM |#229  
VanCoVer
Thanks Meter: 80

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltus

Yeah... it's meant to
There's a bug in the latest version where it doesn't get set on boot, I'll get it fixed for the next version.

Thanks for the awesome app. Funny thing is that it also works for the Asus Transformer Pad TF300t. Just thought you might wanna know. Maybe even add a option for the Tf300t to use only one core?

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA
22nd June 2012, 12:26 PM |#230  
OP Senior Member
Flag Manchester

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tw1tchy

Thanks for the awesome app. Funny thing is that it also works for the Asus Transformer Pad TF300t. Just thought you might wanna know. Maybe even add a option for the Tf300t to use only one core?

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

Yeah it will do, it should work on any rooted device running a Tegra 3.
Unfortunately, using only one core is not an option as the phone simply doesn't allow it. If you set the file to 1 (you can try it out yourself if you want) it still uses the second core whenever it needs to. There's no difference than just running it in dual-core mode

Sorry I haven't updated this in a while everyone, I have far too many projects on the go and far too much laziness to get them done quickly
I'll try and get it updated fairly soon!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Meltus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Meltus Ad-Free
22nd June 2012, 04:24 PM |#231  
Thanks Meter: 142

More
Whether this app will damage cpu if we use two core often ?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
apps

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)