92 posts
Thanks Meter: 306

Post Reply Email Thread
21st June 2012, 08:27 AM |#151  
Flag beirut
Thanks Meter: 346

Donate to Me
More
Now dat's wat am searching for Thanks ( and pressed )

21st June 2012, 09:33 AM |#152  
Flag Johor Bahru
Thanks Meter: 1,437

Donate to Me
More
is it mean we have full s-off?
21st June 2012, 05:54 PM |#153  
Flag beirut

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashshafrulrezza

is it mean we have full s-off?

No No , he said no , it is not Radio S-OFF , which is the full s-off , this is an hboot s-off , better than nothing

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaskyways

No No , he said no , it is not Radio S-OFF , which is the full s-off , this is an hboot s-off , better than nothing

@fardjad , I wanted to understand something , did the s-offers of the Sensation complete your work ?? And if they did , from which sides ??
21st June 2012, 06:29 PM |#154  
Thanks Meter: 78

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaskyways

Maybe i dont understand something, but nashshafrulrezza think about http://unlimited.io/runnymede/ where u can read about
Quote:

This page contains modifed hboots for the HTC Sensation XL (runnymede). These hboots provide S-OFF and limited Engineering hboot behaviour for the HTC Runnymede. The hboots enable flashing of radios and also roms from any region (SuperCID).

Or i dont understand what i reading or u are wrong
21st June 2012, 08:46 PM |#155  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag All over the place
Thanks Meter: 2,064

Donate to Me
More
flashing of radios has nothing to do with radio/hboot S-OFF. These hboots use the same general approach as the original ones in this thread.

We did not finish off anything. The work in the OP stands on it's own merits.

We implmented some minor additional functionality that was useful to us and decided to share it because fardjadb indicated that he did not have enough time, due to priorities in the real world (exams) and also becasue we already had an ICS hboot which some people might want.

I want to be perfectly clear about this. You are only getting this functionality becasue of fardjadb's work, had he not done what he did we would not even have looked at this device. Please be sure to thank him for his work.
21st June 2012, 10:01 PM |#156  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 911

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by globatron

flashing of radios has nothing to do with radio/hboot S-OFF. These hboots use the same general approach as the original ones in this thread.

We did not finish off anything. The work in the OP stands on it's own merits.

We implmented some minor additional functionality that was useful to us and decided to share it because fardjadb indicated that he did not have enough time, due to priorities in the real world (exams) and also becasue we already had an ICS hboot which some people might want.

I want to be perfectly clear about this. You are only getting this functionality becasue of fardjadb's work, had he not done what he did we would not even have looked at this device. Please be sure to thank him for his work.

You should take some credit for your work too, we understand that without the work from fardjab this would never of been possible, but still credit where credit is due right?

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Tapatalk 2
22nd June 2012, 01:35 AM |#157  
Flag Johor Bahru

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfolt

Maybe i dont understand something, but nashshafrulrezza think about http://unlimited.io/runnymede/ where u can read about

Or i dont understand what i reading or u are wrong

Me too, try to figure out, am I not understand or I read it in a wrong way.
22nd June 2012, 12:53 PM |#158  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 911

More
What don't you understand? S-Off means security off, the standard way of acheiving S-Off is by switching off the security flag held on the radio partition. This is commonly known as Radio S-Off. There is also another type of S-Off called engeneering S-Off, this is acheived by flashing a special engeering bootloader (hboot) after you already have standard S-Off.

Now this is neither, This is a special modifed version of the standard HTC hboot by fardjab, this hboot tricks the device into thinking it is S-Off and allows end users to perform security protected actions. But unlike "real" S-Off this is not perm, flashing a stock HTC hboot or RUU will return you back to S-On status.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AndroHero For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AndroHero Ad-Free
22nd June 2012, 04:39 PM |#159  
Flag Johor Bahru

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroHero

What don't you understand? S-Off means security off, the standard way of acheiving S-Off is by switching off the security flag held on the radio partition. This is commonly known as Radio S-Off. There is also another type of S-Off called engeneering S-Off, this is acheived by flashing a special engeering bootloader (hboot) after you already have standard S-Off.

Now this is neither, This is a special modifed version of the standard HTC hboot by fardjab, this hboot tricks the device into thinking it is S-Off and allows end users to perform security protected actions. But unlike "real" S-Off this is not perm, flashing a stock HTC hboot or RUU will return you back to S-On status.

finally I've understand it. Thank you so much! You explained it well. sorry for my slow understanding progress.
The Following User Says Thank You to nashshafrulrezza For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nashshafrulrezza Ad-Free
24th June 2012, 04:25 PM |#160  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag All over the place
Thanks Meter: 2,064

Donate to Me
More
Apparently there are some issues with recoveries on ICS, particularly with mounting usb storage.

I have added an (as far as I can tell) fully working CWM based ICS recovery to the downloads page.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to globatron For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift globatron Ad-Free
25th June 2012, 09:35 AM |#161  
Flag beirut

Donate to Me
More
@globatron , so in the downloads page , who downloads the ICS bootloader and who downloads the GB bootloader exactly ?? the ones who upgraded by RUU or OTA to ICS flash the ICS or even the ones with custom ICS roms ?? or are they classified to which Hboot you have ??
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)