FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][Ice Cream Sandwich] Kustom Kream v1 for Nextbook Premium 7

698 posts
Thanks Meter: 420

Post Reply Email Thread
RETIRED: Since I no longer own this device I am unable to update/maintain this any further! Furthermore it was only designed to support certain models that are no longer sold so to answer all questions NO it won't work on the new ones. As of Dec 20th, 2014 all downloads have been removed (Sorry for the inconvenience)

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */
Rooted and Google Apps fully enabled with offical first run wizard Android 4.0 rom for late generation Nextbook Premium 7 tablets.

Screenshots

Lockscreen

Homescreen

Notifications

Notification Toggles

App Switcher

App Drawer

App Drawer Widgets

About/Settings

Google Play Store

Google Play Store App View

Supported
Any Nextbook Premium 7 in the YF1011XXXXX serial number Series (May work on newer models)

Unsupported Hardware Revisions
YF1212XXXXX - WiFi Reported to not work

Download
Discontinued (Sorry for the inconvenience)

Extra Apps
None currenty

Features
Rooted (su,Superuser,Busybox), Full google apps suite, debloated, OI File Manager, Titanium Backup, ADB over wifi (don't work over usb).

Install/Upgrade
  1. Download and extract the folder from Kustom-Kream_n7p-v1.zip to any folder of your choice
  2. Reboot device using paper clip then quickly press and hold reset until you get black screen with usb plugged in
  3. When windows wants driver give it the respective folder for your os (32bit or 64bit) from Drivers folder
  4. Run RK29update.exe if status bar on bottom reads Found RKAndroid rock usb you are good but if it shows
    No Found RKAndroid rock usb repeat steps 2-3
  5. Leave the default selected items if you are doing fresh install or just select System if it is upgrade
  6. If this is your first time installing you are required to tick the Loader option otherwise ignore this step if you are upgrading
  7. If you are doing fresh install click EraseIDB after it finishes then click Run otherwise JUST do Run
    if you are upgrading
  8. If all went well your Next7P will reboot into custom rom

WARNING: Installing this will remove all your data & apps if you select more than System!!!

Factory Restore
  1. Download and extract the folder from n7p_rescue_kit.zip
  2. Reboot device using paper clip then quickly press and hold reset until you get black screen with usb plugged in
  3. When windows wants driver give it the respective folder for your os (32bit or 64bit) from Drivers folder
  4. Run RKBatchTool.exe if square number 1 is green on bottom you are good but if it shows as grey repeat steps 2-3
  5. Click Restore

WARNING: Restoring factory default will remove all your data & apps!!!

Version History

v1 ~ Initial release

Credit
Google: For their work on Android and the related apps
ChainsDD: Superuser/SU
CyanogenMod: disclaimer
Titanium Track: Titanium Backup
Joshendy/Finless: Next7P1N rom dump
Openintents : OI File manager

Notes
ADB don't work over usb due to some odd USB host mode support built into the stock rom it is based on.

Key
* ~ Latest as of the time of post
! ~ Removed due to future of flash for android (and rom version was majorly out of date)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	about.jpg
Views:	29087
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	1187787   Click image for larger version

Name:	app-switcher.jpg
Views:	28782
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	1187788   Click image for larger version

Name:	drawer_apps.jpg
Views:	28985
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	1187789   Click image for larger version

Name:	drawer_widgets.jpg
Views:	28912
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	1187790   Click image for larger version

Name:	google-play_app-view.jpg
Views:	28887
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	1187791   Click image for larger version

Name:	google-play_home.jpg
Views:	28909
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	1187792   Click image for larger version

Name:	homescreen.jpg
Views:	28771
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	1187793   Click image for larger version

Name:	lockscreen.jpg
Views:	28891
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	1187794   Click image for larger version

Name:	notification-panel.jpg
Views:	28729
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	1187796   Click image for larger version

Name:	notification-panel_toggles.jpg
Views:	28751
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	1187797  
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to kibmcz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kibmcz Ad-Free

29th June 2012, 06:18 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi mate,

Amazing work...!!! I found it yesterday and I'll be testing this weekend...!!!

Just in case... I downloaded "n7p_rescue_kit.zip", but "RKBatchTool.exe" is not there... I got it from other post but let me know how to use it with the files in the rescue kit... ;)

Thanks again for this jewel !
Javier.
29th June 2012, 06:23 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHAres

Hi mate,

Amazing work...!!! I found it yesterday and I'll be testing this weekend...!!!

Just in case... I downloaded "n7p_rescue_kit.zip", but "RKBatchTool.exe" is not there... I got it from other post but let me know how to use it with the files in the rescue kit... ;)

Thanks again for this jewel !
Javier.

The file is in my local copy of the zip.. checking out the one on server and if it's found to be incomplete ill re upload.

ps. this rom is fully dogfooded on my own next7p

Edit: the file is fine what program are you extracting it with?
30th June 2012, 03:42 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Question Wifi not enabling :(
After flashing tablet from a clean install several times WIFI fails to enable. everything else seems good so far....
30th June 2012, 03:44 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny14794

After flashing tablet from a clean install several times WIFI fails to enable. everything else seems good so far....

What is your serial number series? I've only tested it on the yf1011 series and many say the 1011 roms work on 1211.
30th June 2012, 04:49 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kibmcz

The file is in my local copy of the zip.. checking out the one on server and if it's found to be incomplete ill re upload.

Hi.... just using plain Winrar... nothing special.... weird.... going to download again....

Besides.... I found my NP7 is serial YF08.... geezzz.... I dunno if try or not... I dont know the diferences with YF10.... What do you think ? Too risky to try ?

Regards !

---------- Post added at 12:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 AM ----------

Quote:

Well downloaded "n7p_rescue_kit.zip" again.... not ""RKBatchTool.exe"" in the file... opens fine, no CRC errors... Wich folder contains that file ? Maybe I overlooked...
30th June 2012, 05:01 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHAres

Hi.... just using plain Winrar... nothing special.... weird.... going to download again....

Besides.... I found my NP7 is serial YF08.... geezzz.... I dunno if try or not... I dont know the diferences with YF10.... What do you think ? Too risky to try ?

Regards !

1011 and on got different wifi/touch key hardware it seems.

You can get a rooted rom for your model here http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ss-Version-1-4

Also it has a stock rom linked if you want to go pure stock.
The Following User Says Thank You to kibmcz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kibmcz Ad-Free
30th June 2012, 08:08 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

What is your serial number series? I've only tested it on the yf1011 series and many say the 1011 roms work on 1211.

Hmm no serial # found any where. Bought this tablet at a pawnshop yesterday.
All works fine except wifi. Am sure it's the rom. Went back to factory firmware and it worked fine again...
Looking at manufacturers site serial # should have been on the back bottom, some sort of green small sticker, but it is missing. Any way to find out? I don't have box either...
The Following User Says Thank You to johnny14794 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift johnny14794 Ad-Free
30th June 2012, 10:23 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
running great on 1011 model.
the non deodexed rom bob made based on the ram dump was full of
lags and glitches.
this is terrific,all systems go-wifi,etc....
thank you.
30th June 2012, 10:48 AM |#10  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 267

More
Thanks for the info..
30th June 2012, 02:35 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson pickett

running great on 1011 model.
the non deodexed rom bob made based on the ram dump was full of
lags and glitches.
this is terrific,all systems go-wifi,etc....
thank you.

Great i strive to bring the pure google experience to these budget tablets.

ps. if you want the rockchips video player ill be attaching it to the main post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny14794

Hmm no serial # found any where. Bought this tablet at a pawnshop yesterday.
All works fine except wifi. Am sure it's the rom. Went back to factory firmware and it worked fine again...
Looking at manufacturers site serial # should have been on the back bottom, some sort of green small sticker, but it is missing. Any way to find out? I don't have box either...

Since wifi don't work id say it's at least a 0911 model since the 1011 and up did change wifi. The serial number is based on manufacturing date (eg my 1011 is from october 2011) and in theroy can be fuond from the build number line on stock. What does the "Build Number" line in devices about screen show for yours?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, nextbook, rom, tablet

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)