[APP][2.1+] CPU Spy v0.4.0 beta - view time in state info [dec-7-2011]

Search This thread

hawkerpaul

Sep 25, 2011
UK
www.practicenet.co.uk
I never get any data coming through for CPU1, only CPU0, even though I am set for dynamically hotplugging.

Are the figures on the front screen just for CPU0, or are they combined CPU0+CPU1 figures?

Thanks again mate.

realgpp

Oct 19, 2010
I don't use the stats in the second file because, if any, they are the same of the first file. I've talked with some guy implementing kernel and that's the standard behavior. To have the stats for each core instead of each cpu you must rewrite the kernel driver cpufreq, and it's a difficult operation, they said me. So until the the new driver implementation

Reactions: hawkerpaul

realgpp

Oct 19, 2010
In these days I've added a few things. Let me know what you think about them.
As usual apk and screenshots in the attachments.

Changelog
  • added connection usage stats, both "total" and "since reset" ones
  • it's possibile to hide this stats by clicking in the relative black header bar ( for example where it says "Total Statistics" )
  • added 3 more option in the settings menu:
    - Disable Cable Events: if checked (un)plugging the cable doesn't affect the timer
    - Disable Connection Events: if checked the app doesn't store the connection usage
    - Delete Conn Vars: if clicked connection usage stats will be erased
  • removed the "On/Off Listen Batt Events" option menu

edit:
Changelog
  • when phone shutdown/restart timer and connection datas are deleted
  • added confirmation alertbox to the "Delete Connection Datas" preference

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-06-23-13-44-37.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-06-23-13-44-37.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 498
  • Screenshot_2012-06-23-13-44-47.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-06-23-13-44-47.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 500
  • cpuspy_realgpp.apk
    107.5 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:

realgpp

Oct 19, 2010
plug and unplug the ac but the timers does not reset

i'm using your latest posted version

check the settings and try this one.

Changelog
  • Added a warning near connection usage in case of inconsistent values (pic1)
  • Added a "Show informations" in the settings (pic2)
  • Added a layout "informations" (pic3)

Attachments

• cpuspy_realgpp.apk
    111 KB · Views: 126
  • Screenshot_2012-06-25-10-33-26.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-06-25-10-33-26.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 396
  • Screenshot_2012-06-25-10-33-38.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-06-25-10-33-38.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 359
  • Screenshot_2012-06-25-10-35-21.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-06-25-10-35-21.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 341
Last edited:

hawkerpaul

Sep 25, 2011
UK
www.practicenet.co.uk
Its getting better that's for sure

As for UI:
1. Show a drop-down arrow on the expandable line headers
2. "Show informations" should read "Show Information", and the screen it opens should read "Information"
3. May be an idea to start putting in a version number to the app and show this on the top of the screen.
4. I know the unused states are being reported but is it possible to also show this information in the bar graphs by creating a new "Other" bar graph perhaps?

I often get huge percentage figures coming through on the wifi usage.
What exactly is the mobile and wifi usage reporting? How is this relating to battery?

Thanks again mate. Great work as usual! :)

realgpp

Oct 19, 2010
Changelog
  • drop-down arrow on the expandable line headers
  • corrected the "information" strings
  • inserted the version app number in the top of the screen (0.5.00)
  • bugfix about wifi connection timer usage (at least I hope so)

4. I know the unused states are being reported but is it possible to also show this information in the bar graphs by creating a new "Other" bar graph perhaps?
maybe I'm missing something. what should this "other" bar graph represent ? I mean, those freqs are unused so their values are equal to zero.

What exactly is the mobile and wifi usage reporting? How is this relating to battery?
Those are the time the phone has been connected to wifi or mobile. I think it's releted to battery drain. If I switch off all the connection my phone goes to deep sleep and it last forver, kind of ;). I can't say the same for the phone connected to internet. So I was curious to know which is the difference between the to condition and I thought it'd be usefull to have this info in the app. However you can disable the connection listener and hide the relative stats if you don't like them ;)

Attachments

• cpuspy_realgpp.apk
    115 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

hawkerpaul

Sep 25, 2011
UK
www.practicenet.co.uk
Not entirely sure what the new buttons on the bottom do. Can you give an explanation please mate.

On the top of the screen I get a warning triangle saying "Log file present". What does this mean?

Thanks again
:)

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

maybe I'm missing something. what should this "other" bar graph represent ? I mean, those freqs are unused so their values are equal to zero.

I just thought it may be nice to combine these <1% states together to form a new bar graph so you can quickly see how much these combined states have taken up. So create a new bar graph with all the other frequencies called "Other" for example.

realgpp

Oct 19, 2010
Not entirely sure what the new buttons on the bottom do. Can you give an explanation please mate.

On the top of the screen I get a warning triangle saying "Log file present". What does this mean?

Thanks again
this is a version I'm working on but it's pretty a mess with few random bugs and crash. Just say it's the development branch of the app I'm going to release when it's stable. I uploaded it by mistake. ;)

I just thought it may be nice to combine these <1% states together to form a new bar graph so you can quickly see how much these combined states have taken up. So create a new bar graph with all the other frequencies called "Other" for example.
Ah ok. it's pretty simple to implement, it will be in the next release.

hawkerpaul

Sep 25, 2011
UK
www.practicenet.co.uk
I have my timer threshold to 0%, and listen for cable events set to ON, but my timers do not reset after I disconnect the charger.

This only seems to work when the battery is at 100%

realgpp

Oct 19, 2010
Have you uninstalled the buggy version? I'I've changed the apk. I'm using the stable app now and it's working.
Let me know about it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've created a simple app to display the time the CPU spends in each frequency state and the current kernel build. May be useful to some... especially people running OC'ed kernels.

Also useful to confirm which kernel you're currently running.

** DOWNLOAD **
    Android Market Link

Error complaining about states file not found? See this post.

*** Thanks to Rainerd for the patch to help with the negative state percentages.

Change log

v0.4.0 beta
    -Display total state time
    -Massive code cleanup
    -Fix duration overflow bug
    -Removed read-as-root attempt when unable to access states file due to instability
    -Slightly improved tablet support

v0.3.2 beta
    -Pulled in fix from Rainerd to help with percentage mixups after reboot

v0.3.1 beta
    -Small fix that may help with freezing issues with some custom ROMS

v0.3.0 beta
    -Attempts to read time_in_state file as root in case reading is blocked by a custom ROM

v0.2.2 beta
    -States are now sorted from highest to lowest frequency

v0.2.1 beta
    -added "Deep Sleep" to states list for time when CPU is off

v0.2.0 beta
    -Added "reset timers" option to set all state timers to 0 sec
    -Added "restore timers" to show time-in-state since boot
    -Small UI adjustments
    -Timers now show hours

v0.1.0
    -Initial market release

source: https://github.com/bvalosek/cpuspy
    previous versions (source only): https://github.com/bvalosek/cpuspy/tags
    In these days I've added a few things. Let me know what you think about them.
    As usual apk and screenshots in the attachments.

Changelog
    • added connection usage stats, both "total" and "since reset" ones
    • it's possibile to hide this stats by clicking in the relative black header bar ( for example where it says "Total Statistics" )
    • added 3 more option in the settings menu:
      - Disable Cable Events: if checked (un)plugging the cable doesn't affect the timer
      - Disable Connection Events: if checked the app doesn't store the connection usage
      - Delete Conn Vars: if clicked connection usage stats will be erased
    • removed the "On/Off Listen Batt Events" option menu

edit:
    Changelog
    • when phone shutdown/restart timer and connection datas are deleted
    • added confirmation alertbox to the "Delete Connection Datas" preference
    Changelog
    • drop-down arrow on the expandable line headers
    • corrected the "information" strings
    • inserted the version app number in the top of the screen (0.5.00)
    • bugfix about wifi connection timer usage (at least I hope so)

Those are the time the phone has been connected to wifi or mobile. I think it's releted to battery drain. If I switch off all the connection my phone goes to deep sleep and it last forver, kind of ;). I can't say the same for the phone connected to internet. So I was curious to know which is the difference between the to condition and I thought it'd be usefull to have this info in the app. However you can disable the connection listener and hide the relative stats if you don't like them ;)
    Hai fatto troppo bene ;)

But could you place the "Other" stats on top of the list?

Maybe hideable like the network stats?

Its getting to much information somehow ;)

Tante Grazie!

Here you go! :) Maybe too fast? :D :D

Changelog 0.5.02

• "All states <1%" can be hidden/shown by clicking the header "Time In State"
    • "All states <1%" can be shown on top or bottom of the bar graph through the setting in the preference.
    • removed submenu of "Less than 1% usage states (i.e. ecc)" because redundant.
    • added link to this thread in the Information View
    new release

Changelog 0.5.01
    • added "All states <1%" row in the bar graph view indacating the total time of those freqs under the 1% of total usage. It's visible only when states<1% are hided.
    • added minimum cpu infos:
      - "Freq range" shows the min-max freqs values your kenerl support;
      - "Scaling range" shows the min-max freqs your governor is using;
      - "Governor"... well you know, it shows the running governor :D
    • fixed bug of overload connection timer values (at least I hope so)
    • fixed strange reaction to cable events