VM Intercept root, then what?

Search This thread

al7601

May 26, 2010
this is for my girl friends phone and its stock right now and painfully slow so I convinced her to root but I'm used to seeing the ROM's for my phone so I'm not familiar with "what ROM will speed up her phone's response"? She only uses it for alot of texting, FB, and occasional calls. thanks!

Markuus2107

Mar 14, 2012
Factory reset

I have an Intercept. And yes, it gets painfully slow. The problem is, for some reason, the ROM on the phone fills right up. Here is what I do. I bought a back up app.. MY BACKUP PRO.. $2.99 I think. I back up everything... and then do a factory reset. The phone runs fast... like new.... and then use the app to restore everything. Its a bit of a pain in the ass... but it works. I am sure its less of a pain in the ass than rooting.

I have a little checklist that I did if you are interested. Send me a PM if you want. But every time i reset the phone, it runs like brand new.

Gnawnsense

Jun 23, 2012
I recently picked up two VM Intercepts because, well, they were on sale and for $40 for the phones, it was hard to pass up. Not knowing anything much of the phone before I purchased, I was still surprised on how slow the phone responded at times.

Finally got tired of it and the first thing I did was check to see if the phone was compatible with any of the ROMs I had used previously. It wasn't. So I decided I had to at least try something.

The phone, first off, was a pain to root. I kept getting partial roots. Finally after Googling for a few hours I came across the InterceptRoot.APK and it worked like a charm. Has a built-in backup utility, too. After it finished rooting the phone I installed Titanium Backup and uninstalled the majority of the pre-installed Virgin Mobile Bloatware apps. The only two I have left are "Activate" and "My Account" -- obviously didn't remove any of the actual Android required apps, just the Virgin Mobile specifics. And yes, they were safe to remove, had no issues afterwards.

But man, after removing all the bloatware, the phone runs a good 35% faster. I'd say go for it.

I lost the link I downloaded the rooter at, but if you need it I can upload it and PM it to you.

BudDroid

Jun 11, 2012
Phoenix
You guys should check out the sdxdevelopers website. There's a lot more information about the VM Intercept there.

Last edited: