Win an Honor 7X!

[GB][ROM's][KERNEL's] The Promethius Project

434 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,243

Post Reply Email Thread
25th June 2012, 05:19 PM |#661  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
My phone started random rebooting while chargin like a few other complain here. Seems I've found the reason. I had a Screen-Off rule to put on 100MHz and it could be that the telephone doesn't like to be charged with 100MHz. Now I've set a rule with higher priority that the highest frequency is 1000MHz while charging. No problems anymore since 4 days.

26th June 2012, 01:44 AM |#662  
OP Senior Member
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 1,243

More
Question Update?
Hi guys just to let you know ive made some good progress on the final version's this weekend, hopefully fixed all charging issues even when phone is off. The rom is pretty much as far as i can go now until ics comes(hopefully soon) or a new base which is unlikely i think. I can release this weekend if you want but do you guys want fully custom themed apps and stuff. Cause if you do i dont know if/when i would be able to give it to you. Theming properly takes lots of time, which i dont have at the moment.

So what do you want guys? Depending on your opinions i will send a link to certain member so they can test that everything is good. Dont pm me or request a link cause you wont get one and if everything is fine i will post the link up and update the first post
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to samno For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift samno Ad-Free
26th June 2012, 04:00 AM |#663  
Flag Anchorage
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I am having issues with kernel 1.4.5.1 so I reverted back to 1.4 but my phone would what it seem like shut off when charging or it will be locked up and will not wake.

I have been able to test the 1.4.5 kernel to see when the problem showed up. I also haven't tried wiping the phone either so it could be a combination of things its my main phone so I haven't had a chance to play/test too much Other then making sure the Ghost Call is gone but since I have the iphone working again I have a backup again.

As for releasing a new rom I like having the stock rom and being able to work from that as far as themeing goes. Having a already themed rom is nice but I like having the best performance possible before making the phone look good.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to d-shade For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift d-shade Ad-Free
26th June 2012, 05:57 AM |#664  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samno

Hi guys just to let you know ive made some good progress on the final version's this weekend, hopefully fixed all charging issues even when phone is off. The rom is pretty much as far as i can go now until ics comes(hopefully soon) or a new base which is unlikely i think. I can release this weekend if you want but do you guys want fully custom themed apps and stuff. Cause if you do i dont know if/when i would be able to give it to you. Theming properly takes lots of time, which i dont have at the moment.

So what do you want guys? Depending on your opinions i will send a link to certain member so they can test that everything is good. Dont pm me or request a link cause you wont get one and if everything is fine i will post the link up and update the first post

hey man, thanks for all your work! ROM is the best custom ROM for our phone. been using it daily for weeks! I think you don't need to worry about theming anything. There's the legit ICS theme (in theme/app section), there's launcher pro, go launcher, adw, etc, etc etc. Let the users do something for themselves...lol. I think it's just a big time-sucker for you. you've done a ton! just drop this and take a break til ICS, cos i know you devs are going to eat that all up when it's dropped.

Thanks again, and if you need a tester/ROM lover, just PM me ;)
26th June 2012, 08:10 AM |#665  
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Hi Sam, good and promising news!
I personally prefer a non-themed version, or lightly themed as 1.4. I'm still enjoy with GB framework.

Thanks for your efforts improving our O3D. How can we invite to have a drink?
The Following User Says Thank You to Disruptor85 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Disruptor85 Ad-Free
26th June 2012, 10:44 AM |#666  
Ohrid
Thanks Meter: 55

More
My wifi stucks and I must restart phone to make it work. I also had this problem with thaiz kernels and roms. Using 1.4 rom and 1.4+ kernel...

Sent from my LG-P920 using XDA
26th June 2012, 10:57 AM |#667  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
is there a way to change the power notification icons? maybe just to the prada ones?
or can someone show me how? iv been using UOT Kitchen to theme myself
26th June 2012, 11:07 AM |#668  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:

So what do you want guys?

No need for custom themed ROM here...
26th June 2012, 12:24 PM |#669  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Hi Sammo, agree with everyone else, theming is a personal preference and should be left to the individual. Looking forward to trying out you v1.5 rom especially the SuperStock kernel.

Finally ready to move on from ThiaiZ 2.7.1 rom. Apart from GC baseband issues it's been very stable with good battery life.

Would you recommend going with the latest (V20G) baseband or sticking with V20F if that's what you've been working on?
26th June 2012, 12:28 PM |#670  
Flag Hämeenlinna
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Talking Themeing ( also apps)
Quote:

I think everyone should just make their own themes .(or use my theme XD
Stock gb is good! Dont make themeing for apps too, just a waste of time!
26th June 2012, 01:33 PM |#671  
Flag Konstanz
Thanks Meter: 336

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

[U]
-Converts Partitions To True Ext4 Mounts
-THIS VERSION WILL WIPE YOUR DATA!

I like to see that you go like Acurateam to real Ext4
at lest now i will be not scared to migrate between 3DMAX V2 and Promethius ROMs.
Can you upload also a version that NOT wipe the partitions?
10x for the good work
The Following User Says Thank You to p-vlad For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift p-vlad Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
battery, fast, kernel, rom, stable

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)