FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][18-5-2012] Chinese Official MIUIv4 ICS 2.5.18 Public beta for ONE X[Dropbox]

26 posts
Thanks Meter: 17

By gotospeed, Junior Member on 18th May 2012, 11:09 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th June 2012, 06:52 AM |#81  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
i wish i knew..

i flashed francos[bootloop/reboots] and faux[bootloop/reboots] kernels, then i restored cwm backup and flashed the orig 2.6.1 miui boot.img.

somehow, for reasons i might never know, i got battery of 14 hours with wifi on, autosync[google, live, dropbox, fb, foursquare accounts], and auto brightness.

screen sleep setting is 1 minute.

i am posting it here since there seems to be no thread dedicated to MIUI HOX at XDA, the site miui.us is also not that active. still have to subscribe miuiandroid.com
5th June 2012, 01:14 PM |#82  

More
battery runs at 20h 43m with 5% remaining...i guess this version 2.6.1 is daily driver already..
28th June 2012, 09:02 AM |#83  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
I want to download and test this but can I get everything in English or will it still be Chinese?
28th June 2012, 09:03 AM |#84  
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 113

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenVilo

I want to download and test this but can I get everything in English or will it still be Chinese?

get RD MIUI ROM, this one is old and has a load of problems...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1674087
The Following User Says Thank You to zvieratko For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zvieratko Ad-Free
28th June 2012, 11:31 AM |#85  

More
for vanilla miui, you can download the multi lang version (i think) and change language to english. You may also download from miui.us (their default is english as far as i have tested).
28th June 2012, 11:41 AM |#86  
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 113

More
RD MIUI is way better than the official one because of 2.05 base...
The Following User Says Thank You to zvieratko For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zvieratko Ad-Free
28th June 2012, 03:13 PM |#87  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenVilo

it boots up in chinese but you can change it to English.
have a short guide on my blog on how you can navigate the chinese ui in case you can recognise the icons
here's how:

Once the phone boots, tap the familiar looking Cog (Settings) icon, bottom left on your Home screen (not dock)

there are now 2 tabs, click the right hand tab to list ALL settings

Scroll down to the 17th line (with the “A” icon)

Tap the first line and voila, options, options options.

Tap the Shopping bag icon (which is still in Chinese), and from there you can install the common google packages like Play store, Talk, Maps etc.

cYbOrG5 is right.. miui.us is the US localised version and the miuiandroid.com is the uk localised version. they have their own differentiating mods as far as i know.

if you want to see the guide on my blog then go here
http://blog.yellowchilli.net/2012/05...-download.html
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)