FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

OTA Update available now with Android 4.0.4 & Sense 4.1, next Jelly Bean & Sense 4+ ?

465 posts
Thanks Meter: 58

By surfer1000, Senior Member on 18th June 2012, 11:16 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
28th June 2012, 05:38 AM |#141  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Saying goodbye to my One X on Monday next week, looks like I won't be able to try out this update afterall
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to P1n3apqlExpr3ss For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift P1n3apqlExpr3ss Ad-Free

28th June 2012, 08:51 PM |#142  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Same here.

The policarbonate back which was suppose to be un.scratchable or something like this..... Lost color in a spot plus the cc am lens get scratched easy plus its to hot... Plus a little of ripple effect ob the eges .... I might say that I gave it a shot but this hox is being sold asap and I'm gonna give s3 a go.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
28th June 2012, 09:00 PM |#143  
Flag Bolton
Thanks Meter: 1,178

More
I thought we would have had a RUU on this big update by now,

Unreleased nexus 7 tablet already has 3.1.10 kernel... We should already have this.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
28th June 2012, 09:05 PM |#144  
Liverpuuuuuuuuuul :)
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Someone from HTC better be reading on this forum and release that update immediately! We all will get increasingly frustrated if even the 4.0.4 update takes time as we now are expecting the Jellybean update.... Such a shame that this is a far better design than that S3....
28th June 2012, 11:38 PM |#145  
Manchester
Thanks Meter: 60

More
Got to say, I'm about to jump ship, gonna get the s3 had compare the two together but judging by the s3 forum on xda the vibe is very positive, the vibe here for the hox is more negative. I love my hox but I feel I just have to experience the s3, maybe Samsung just have better marketing but I am being lured in by the s3.
28th June 2012, 11:43 PM |#146  
Flag Manchester UK
Thanks Meter: 33

More
S3 trolls . Do not feed
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to rik-sik For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rik-sik Ad-Free
29th June 2012, 12:23 AM |#147  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rik-sik

S3 trolls . Do not feed

I have both and I'm not biased... as far as hardware goes the S3 is superior, software is up for debate so I'll leave it to you. Only thing I'll miss on the One X is THD games which will be satisfied by the Nexus 7, and there is nothing in Sense that I will desperately miss
29th June 2012, 12:35 AM |#148  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
All I am going to say to people wanting to jump ship is S-OFF.

As soon as we get that then things will liven up a bit. People can't do a lot of things because they're afraid to root for their own reasons, as a result, things aren't fixed until HTC fix them and probably feel the only thing they can do is moan about it.

S3's had that advantage from day one so its no wonder they're all happy over there rooting away and installing all kinds of cool and mystical things, but once we get it too without sacrificing warranty then I don't see what people will have to get all depressed about besides the defected model band of people, in which case it's already diminishing/becoming boring to read so hopefully it stops soon.

Patience ship jumpers
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nit3m4re For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nit3m4re Ad-Free
29th June 2012, 05:26 AM |#149  
Flag Spokane, Washington
Thanks Meter: 5,185

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by P1n3apqlExpr3ss

Saying goodbye to my One X on Monday next week, looks like I won't be able to try out this update afterall

Quote:
Originally Posted by jargalus

Same here. The policarbonate back which was suppose to be un.scratchable or something like this..... Lost color in a spot plus the cc am lens get scratched easy plus its to hot... Plus a little of ripple effect ob the eges .... I might say that I gave it a shot but this hox is being sold asap and I'm gonna give s3 a go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spewy1

Got to say, I'm about to jump ship, gonna get the s3 had compare the two together but judging by the s3 forum on xda the vibe is very positive, the vibe here for the hox is more negative. I love my hox but I feel I just have to experience the s3, maybe Samsung just have better marketing but I am being lured in by the s3.

The title of this thread is "Massive HOX OTA Update coming soon with Android 4.0.4!" It’s been up until now a positive thread. I find it fascinating that, somehow, you managed to work yet another discussion of the same known One X issues and the SGS3 in to it. There are plenty of issues threads already open that welcome comments from disgruntled owners. This isn’t one of them.

Since we're OT any way, here's a link to why I canceled my SGS3 order and decided to keep the One X.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1525

A little advice too. If some of you pull the crap you've pulled here when you're on the SGS3 forum and start polls, petitions, and whine about petty issues they'll eat you alive.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to BarryH_GEG For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BarryH_GEG Ad-Free
29th June 2012, 05:34 AM |#150  
Thanks Meter: 78

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rik-sik

S3 trolls . Do not feed

I got an S3 cheap on Monday and played with it this week .It looks and feels like a toy ..real plastic ****.
There's no way on Gods green earth I'd swap the HoX for it .
The S3 is for CEX tomorrow!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to det66 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift det66 Ad-Free
29th June 2012, 06:35 AM |#151  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryH_GEG

The title of this thread is "Massive HOX OTA Update coming soon with Android 4.0.4!" It’s been up until now a positive thread. I find it fascinating that, somehow, you managed to work yet another discussion of the same known One X issues and the SGS3 in to it. There are plenty of issues threads already open that welcome comments from disgruntled owners. This isn’t one of them.

Since we're OT any way, here's a link to why I canceled my SGS3 order and decided to keep the One X.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1525

A little advice too. If some of you pull the crap you've pulled here when you're on the SGS3 forum and start polls, petitions, and whine about petty issues they'll eat you alive.

Dude, I'm the reason this thread is even here and the article in OP has gotten 10k+ hits thanks to the OP posting it here -.-

I never said the One X was bad, I got mine for free, bought the S3 (slightly out of hype I admit), sold the One X and not regretting that pathway at the moment

Either way, I expect this update, whenever it's released, should go a long way to closing the gap between it and the S3
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread