Clock runs slow when cell off

Search This thread

ziddey

Aug 26, 2007
I've posted about this before in the ARHD thread and maybe Faux's kernel thread, but it seemed like no one else is having this issue.

I found http://androidforums.com/htc-sensation/526449-slow-running-clock-since-ics-update.html that sounds familiar.

Not sure what's causing it- kernel, governor, etc. I'm running arhd 6.6.7xe with faux 007u.

The time is fine if the radio is on, as it's able to keep sync with the tower. However, when using wifi calling, it seems to lose a minute an hour. I'm not sure how consistent it is, but it definitely happens enough that it's a problem using the phone as an alarm clock.

Recently, I've been disabling the radio (and wifi calling) entirely when at home, since I have sip calling setup and bound to my google voice number alongside my cell number. I disable the radio/wifi calling so I don't get double rings (it seems to start ringing, and then when the "other" call comes through, it drops both calls). Then when I leave, I turn off incoming sip and re-enable the radio.

I've had the radio disabled for about 14 hours today, and have lost 35 minutes so far (it's 0225, phone is showing 0150).

This is completely unacceptable. I'm going to have to experiment with ntp client apps to deal with it for the time being.

I have systemtuner setting the governor to intellidemand, running between 384 and 1.5ghz with a bit of undervolting.

Anyone else out there using wifi calling or otherwise running for periods with the cell disabled / out of service / airplane mode, do keep an eye on the time.

cn0MMnb

Dec 6, 2010
It happened to me when I was using the badass governor, even though I was connected to cell.

Switching to ondemand did the trick for me

ziddey

Aug 26, 2007
Been running ClockSync since the 25th:

V4FLP.png

Using AutoAir to automatically put the phone into airplane mode when wifi is connected. It only syncs when on wifi.

So far, I've found that time drift is not consistent. Sometimes, I can go hours on wifi and lose negligible time. Other times, I've seen it record a loss of 3 minutes in an hour.

Prior to running clocksync, once I've woken up 8 minutes late because of the clock drift.

and just an update. Not sure what I'm doing differently, but tonight, I've been losing around 3-6 minutes per hour the past few hours. I have clocksync working every hour, but right before each sync, I can see it's a few minutes behind. The only thing I can think of is I've been playing a lot of that Scramble with Friends game tonight. Each game lasts 2 minutes or so.