By gunnyman, Senior Member on 29th June 2012, 11:14 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th June 2012, 04:23 AM |#31  
Flag Bangalore, India
Thanks Meter: 114

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neonsector

really? you left apple because they are suing people because they steal their ideas and make pathetic attempt to duplicate their products?
How would you like to work on a game or an application for years, release it, start making money and then have some ****tards a month later making exactly the same thing and try to market it and sell it as their's?
I own everything apple, including my 4s, but I use a one x as well because I love the design and the way it feels.
So I think samsung ripped apple? sure they did, they all have, before June 2007 no one knew what a smart phone was. same with the ipod, the ipad, the imac, the macbook air, have you seen all the wannabes that trying to make them look the same?

/flame on

Wait a minute. Get your facts straight. Apple didn't invent/create half this stuff. It was all just marketing that got them this fame. Theyre devices are decent I admit but theyre far from innovative in recent times and they know it. Hence the lawsuits. Samsung copies? The Galaxy S3 is one of the most superior devices on the market at the moment. Not sure what ur on about

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

30th June 2012, 04:35 AM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
I worked for apple during Steve Jobs medical leave when Tim Cook was acting CEO. On any conference call, any meeting whatsoever, his biggest objective was protecting apple's intellectual property. The company as a whole will fall apart after this generation of products; the last designs of the late Jobs simply because all Apple knows how to do is sue people now. The company that changed everything died with him

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app
30th June 2012, 04:40 AM |#33  
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFork

I worked for apple during Steve Jobs medical leave when Tim Cook was acting CEO. On any conference call, any meeting whatsoever, his biggest objective was protecting apple's intellectual property. The company as a whole will fall apart after this generation of products; the last designs of the late Jobs simply because all Apple knows how to do is sue people now. The company that changed everything died with him

I'm actually shocked at this if true. The foundation is laid no ? Anyone with half a brain can at the very least compete.

30th June 2012, 04:55 AM |#34  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Quote:

really? you left apple because they are suing people because they steal their ideas and make pathetic attempt to duplicate their products?
How would you like to work on a game or an application for years, release it, start making money and then have some ****tards a month later making exactly the same thing and try to market it and sell it as their's?
I own everything apple, including my 4s, but I use a one x as well because I love the design and the way it feels.
So I think samsung ripped apple? sure they did, they all have, before June 2007 no one knew what a smart phone was. same with the ipod, the ipad, the imac, the macbook air, have you seen all the wannabes that trying to make them look the same?

/flame on

Have you ever heard of Sony Ericsson P990i or Nokia N95? Pretty much the pioneers of smart phones! Even before that there were smartphones (other Nokia's, Sony, Siemens) which i have owned in the year 2001.

Long live the One X
30th June 2012, 05:19 AM |#35  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by patstock11

The funny thing is. The iPhone users I know don't feel restricted. They do t feel like they r missing anything. Sheep. The iPhone does everything they need. Facebook, email, text. It was built for 16 yr old girls. And old people who find tech hard to grasp

What I take offense against is name calling....Droidtards, iSheep, Androids, Sheeps etc etc. How old are you - 15? Everyone has different priorities and their device serves those. If yours is to put a different widget on the screen everyday - that doesn't make you smarter than those who don't. Some people just want to use their smart phone as a phone. They have work, family and life to deal with. Limiting, openness, open source etc are all relative. Most of the common folks are not tech savy enough or care about technology enough to mod their devices. Apple serves them. And, it has been paying off for them handsomely - good for them. Google has different priority - collect all information in the world - thus, free android - so we keep using their OS/search engine. Even they are not dumb enough to open source their cash cow - their search engine/ad serving code (adwords, adsense etc.). Do you start calling those who use google search - gSheep because it is not open? did you know that if you are a site utilizing their google adsense to serve ads - they dont even tell you how much cut do they keep. All you get to know is impressions, clicks and revenue. An advertiser may be paying $50 per 1000 clicks but google may keep $25 and you won't even know that. Hows that for being open?

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptesmoke

yea well google has a little unplayed card in its pocket. "notification pulldown"

bring it apple. these lawsuits are killing apple, i alone know at least 8-10 apple converts that are now proud gs3 and/or hox owners....now they HATE apple.

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda premium

I am a convert to HOX and I don't hate Apple. You know why? You don't have to hate Apple to use HOX. HOX is an absolutely fantastic device for me. Is it the device for my wife? No. She had an android device before - Galaxy S Captivate and she hated it. She loves her 4s now because it just works. This morning, the Apex launcher crashed on my HOX and I had to do hard reset - reinstalled all apps etc. That doesn't make me mad - I am curious enough to investigate and fix those kinds of issues. But, it is absolutely not right for me to expect my wife to react the same. Those are the trade offs in using iOS vs Android that we make. Her priorities are different and a smart phone is just a device that should just work - just as a fancy $300 kitchen appliance that works.
So unless, HTC or Samsung comes up with a device that just works for non-techies, they are not going to win their hearts.
The Following User Says Thank You to john_tillman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift john_tillman Ad-Free
30th June 2012, 05:22 AM |#36  
Flag Portland
Thanks Meter: 2,803

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_tillman

What I take offense against is name calling....Droidtards, iSheep, Androids, Sheeps etc etc. How old are you - 15? Everyone has different priorities and their device serves those. If yours is to put a different widget on the screen everyday - that doesn't make you smarter than those who don't. Some people just want to use their smart phone as a phone. They have work, family and life to deal with. Limiting, openness, open source etc are all relative. Most of the common folks are not tech savy enough or care about technology enough to mod their devices. Apple serves them. And, it has been paying off for them handsomely - good for them. Google has different priority - collect all information in the world - thus, free android - so we keep using their OS/search engine. Even they are not dumb enough to open source their cash cow - their search engine/ad serving code (adwords, adsense etc.). Do you start calling those who use google search - gSheep because it is not open? did you know that if you are a site utilizing their google adsense to serve ads - they dont even tell you how much cut do they keep. All you get to know is impressions, clicks and revenue. An advertiser may be paying $50 per 1000 clicks but google may keep $25 and you won't even know that. Hows that for being open?

I agree completely. I had an iPhone 4S for a few months and while I did have some serious gripes with it, I did like it very much. Does that make me an iSheep? No. It just means that I like cool things. I have a friend that has a Kindle Fire and he was giving me tons of crap about my iPad and how Android was so much better because it's not locked down like the iPad is. He even called me an iSheep. I started cracking up. Amazon took Android, and locked it down with the EXACT SAME PLAN as Apple does with their products. So he's arguing that he didn't want an iPad because of the "walled garden" yet bought a Kindle Fire that has the exact same core concept. Unless you root, you are locked into Amazon's app store. People just like to toss out stupid names because it makes them feel better about whatever product they chose to buy. Bottom line is Apple makes awesome products and THAT'S why people buy them, not because they are sheep to Steve Jobs'/Tim Cook's shepherd. I think anyone who uses stupid terms like iSheep is being incredibly childish, and Android fan boys are FAR more rabid and deserving of a title like that than most iPhone users, sorry to say. I don't give a crap what logo is on my toys, if it's cool then damn sure I'm going to buy it.

All that said, I do think it is ridiculous what Apple is doing. Sure they kickstarted the smartphone and tablet revolution, but they certainly didn't invent them. I had a windows XP tablet (with an incredibly powerful crusoe processor lol) long before the iPad came out. They were able to make these devices popular because of their existing popularity and marketing skills. I'm not saying that these devices aren't great because they are. I own a bunch of Apple devices, but nothing that they have done since the release of the original iPhone or iPad has been incredibly innovative, in regards to those devices. Every new iPhone/iPad or version of iOS has just been more of the same with minor spec bumps and very minor features added, and a lot of the features they add have been features of Android since the beginning (*cough* notification center *cough*). Heck, even Siri was a rip of Android's voice control. Sure they anthropomorphized it but Android had a functional voice control system long before Apple did. Now people are claiming that Android is ripping off Siri with the latest version on Jelly Bean. Are they f*cking kidding me? So they steal Android's ideas and that's cool because it's open source and they're allowed to, but they go after everybody who has a feature on their device that even remotely resembles something on theirs. I understand it's business, but enough is seriously enough. Instead of innovating their own product, they are trying to prevent other companies from innovating with theirs. It's a damn joke.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to _MetalHead_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift _MetalHead_ Ad-Free
30th June 2012, 05:31 AM |#37  
Flag Cold Lake
Thanks Meter: 801

More
Quote:

/flame on

see this ^ is the common misconception...apple didnt automagically invent the smartphone in 2007...i had many a smart phone before then that even did video calling...believe that!

what apple DID do was create and attractive device...and an attractive ui experience at that time. kudos! but remember this...it wasnt all new ideas, they just put alot of polish on already invented tech. again...kudos to them..as they made a buttload of cash doing so!

no fast forward, iOS hasnt changed a whole lot since then, yes it has matured, yes its improved, but not dramatically. most of the new "features" that they come up with is mostly gimmicks and not seriously innovative.

but now android is coming up with great ideas apple is getting butthurt in the process. i agree competition is healthy and i would honestly prefer apple concentrate on innovating rather than arguing patents.

your points are pretty closed minded but i still respect your opinion, but apple didnt create android, so stop acting like they did!

30th June 2012, 05:38 AM |#38  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Now i regret lighting the flame. Lol

Long live the One X
30th June 2012, 05:45 AM |#39  
Flag Cold Lake
Thanks Meter: 801

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by veliksam

Now i regret lighting the flame. Lol

Long live the One X

i wasnt trying to flame...hopefully it wasnt taken that way. I dont HATE apples products, i hate the mentality they have at this point in time. I personally dont own any apple devices...mostly because we had an ipod once....and hated it, and we arent interested in iOS/iTunes. but thats just our decision...its just not for us.

30th June 2012, 06:33 AM |#40  
Thanks Meter: 1,051

More
Steve Jobs=thief.
Abundant proof available.
"Good artist's copy, great artists steal"-Steve Jobs.
crApple claims others work as their own. Slide to unlock anyone? Notification bar? Interpreting the type of data and opening a program?
On top of it, when a court rules AGAINST them, and orders them to pay licensing fees to others, they refuse to pay!

Just look it up it is all fact.

The Following User Says Thank You to c5satellite2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift c5satellite2 Ad-Free
30th June 2012, 06:49 AM |#41  
Flag Bangalore, India
Thanks Meter: 114

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by c5satellite2

Steve Jobs=thief.
Abundant proof available.
"Good artist's copy, great artists steal"-Steve Jobs.
crApple claims others work as their own. Slide to unlock anyone? Notification bar? Interpreting the type of data and opening a program?
On top of it, when a court rules AGAINST them, and orders them to pay licensing fees to others, they refuse to pay!

Just look it up it is all fact.

US company needs to stay in power. Not much anyone can do about it. They have billions and billions they can afford to spend on the best lawyers. In the process they brainwash people into thinking that their devices are superior. Theyre good no doubt. But 90% of the people who own them have had no exposure to the competition before making 'iphone is the best' claims. I feel like apple has lost all innovation. Theyre using the retina display as the main selling strategy. Wont last for long honestly. Its time for them to catch up, which they are doing. The iphone 5 is gonna be a 4" device no doubt

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)