How many Kindle Fire and Nook owners bought the Nexus 7?

Search This thread

ThunderTech

Dec 7, 2011
The Kindle Fire's lack of Bluetooth, GPS, hepatic feedback, compass, and camera have always been a disappointment, but it was easy to rationalize these missing features because of the price (except for the lack of Bluetooth, because that could have been implemented at no extra cost) When I saw the specifications for the Nexus 7 Tablet, I bought one immediately because it was everything that the Kindle isn't.

Sent from my gedeROM Amazon Kindle Fire using xda app-developers app

movieaddict

Jul 24, 2010
Coming from the kindle and selling my kindle

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda premium

Jayrod1980

Feb 4, 2009
Far East
Bought my wife a nook tablet. Tricked it out as much as I could to make it a real tablet instead of a bn appliance. Bought the nexus for myself... very impatiently waiting

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

plympton

Dec 4, 2010
Had a Nook Tablet (and previously a Color) but sold it when development of the 3.x kernel kinda ran into roadblocks and stalled.

In for 1 Nexus 7 8 gb, though. 7" makes a great portable video viewer & the price is right for an otg toy....

150pilot

Aug 28, 2010
I have an iPad 64GB wifi+4G, I bought a Nook Tablet to see how I liked the 7" form factor, I ended up real liking the 7" size very much over my iPad but wanted a more standard Google experience. I was able to tweak the NT to where I was almost happy but ended up returning it when I heard about the ASUS ME370T that was going to come out with ICS 4.0. So I've been waiting for this tablet since January.

Why would I want this when I already have an iPad? My iPad cost me $900 including the "Smart Cover", and I have left it at restuarants a few times already, luckily returning to find it turned in @ the register. I am tired of worrying about something happening to my expensive primary computer. My iPad has become the only device I find myself using 95 percent of the time, & the other 5 percent I'm using it to control a PC using the LogMeIn App. I also found out with the NT that I really like a 7" device, as it is way more portable and much easier to hold. I've noticed that when I use my iPad I always prop it up on a surface & use it and rarely hold it in my hands. With the NT I found myself holding it more and using it in more positions than I'd ever used my iPad in. I am looking forward to getting my N7, just wish it still had microSD & HDMI like ASUS said back in January.

So when my N7 arrives it will be my portable computing device & my iPad will become my new desktop/home computer. Will work out nicely now that I can use Chrome on both have my tabs sync'd between the two.

Just a note, if they'd (Google & ASUS) have left the HDMI & microSD port in I could have hooked up my N7 to my monitor, keyboard & mouse, SDHC, and truly used it as my desktop as well & sold my iPad and completely converted over to the Google/Android ecosphere. But as Google has seen fit to remove these coveted ports, I will be retaining my iPad @ least until I can get my hands on a Microsoft Surface which I may use as my main computing device.

Reactions: Nxxx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Kindle Fire's lack of Bluetooth, GPS, hepatic feedback, compass, and camera have always been a disappointment, but it was easy to rationalize these missing features because of the price (except for the lack of Bluetooth, because that could have been implemented at no extra cost) When I saw the specifications for the Nexus 7 Tablet, I bought one immediately because it was everything that the Kindle isn't.

Sent from my gedeROM Amazon Kindle Fire using xda app-developers app

what does your liver have to do with a tablet?

It's "haptic" not "hepatic"
    Sold my KF for 150 and ordered myself a N7.

I really wanted this tablet not only because of the price, but for the support this will be getting. Look at how many kernels we have + 1 rom, and its not even out to the public. Hope this can surpass the amount of development on the HTC Evo 4G.
    I have an iPad 64GB wifi+4G, I bought a Nook Tablet to see how I liked the 7" form factor, I ended up real liking the 7" size very much over my iPad but wanted a more standard Google experience. I was able to tweak the NT to where I was almost happy but ended up returning it when I heard about the ASUS ME370T that was going to come out with ICS 4.0. So I've been waiting for this tablet since January.

Why would I want this when I already have an iPad? My iPad cost me $900 including the "Smart Cover", and I have left it at restuarants a few times already, luckily returning to find it turned in @ the register. I am tired of worrying about something happening to my expensive primary computer. My iPad has become the only device I find myself using 95 percent of the time, & the other 5 percent I'm using it to control a PC using the LogMeIn App. I also found out with the NT that I really like a 7" device, as it is way more portable and much easier to hold. I've noticed that when I use my iPad I always prop it up on a surface & use it and rarely hold it in my hands. With the NT I found myself holding it more and using it in more positions than I'd ever used my iPad in. I am looking forward to getting my N7, just wish it still had microSD & HDMI like ASUS said back in January.

So when my N7 arrives it will be my portable computing device & my iPad will become my new desktop/home computer. Will work out nicely now that I can use Chrome on both have my tabs sync'd between the two.

Just a note, if they'd (Google & ASUS) have left the HDMI & microSD port in I could have hooked up my N7 to my monitor, keyboard & mouse, SDHC, and truly used it as my desktop as well & sold my iPad and completely converted over to the Google/Android ecosphere. But as Google has seen fit to remove these coveted ports, I will be retaining my iPad @ least until I can get my hands on a Microsoft Surface which I may use as my main computing device.
    How much is the Nook Color fetching used? Refurb is cheap so used on eBay isn't getting much.

I'm starting to get a grave yard of netbooks and now tablet. The good old days of used smartphones when resale helped buy the next thing is almost gone.
    Oh, well I personally hats Ice Cream Sandwich and, from what I've seen, Jellybean. Honestly, I love the Kindle's OS and the only other OS I really like is on the iPad/iPhone/iPod.
    Sent from my Kindle Fire using xda premium

Not sure if troll or serious. >.>