OP Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 5,042

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eoche007

@dzo

I have the calendar app working for me, and I tested the reminder and it worked perfectly.

Which of the apks did you install?

23rd October 2008, 05:39 AM |#1242  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzo

Which of the apks did you install?

I can't remember all the apks I added all together, but when you 1st uploaded the apks, I installed email.apk, notepad.apk, calendar.apk, settings.apk and IM.apk. Everything showed up in my application list with the exception of IM.

however, when I launched the calender apk, it didn't work. So I included the CalendarProvider.apk and it worked. Hope that helps. And thanks for all your hard work on this.
23rd October 2008, 05:44 AM |#1243  
yea, i'd like to know what you did to get it working?
23rd October 2008, 05:46 AM |#1244  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I put in calendarprovider.apk and calender.apk both and I got the error message I posted not far back. Trying again now with the new file

I uninstalled the previous version. Deleted the android app folder. Put in the new files and ran android. The previous api's were showing up. Were the api's put into the new files or do I need to clear something else to get rid of them and start over? Curently having same error with calendar.
23rd October 2008, 06:04 AM |#1245  
OP Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 5,042

Donate to Me
More
I figured it out, you have to go to dev tools, then google login service, click on "require google" and put in a valid gmail account and password. Now the calendar works.
23rd October 2008, 06:19 AM |#1247  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzo

I figured it out, you have to go to dev tools, then google login service, click on "require google" and put in a valid gmail account and password. Now the calendar works.

I guess that was why mine was working...I already had a valid google login service. Anyways, thanks for the heads up.
23rd October 2008, 06:37 AM |#1248  
just tried it, the calendar comes up now but when I go to my calendars I get an error saying "Sorry the process com.android.calendar has stopped unexpectedly"
The Following User Says Thank You to shark1987 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shark1987 Ad-Free
23rd October 2008, 06:48 AM |#1249  

More
So when I want to remove the last version and update to the newer release, do I just delete the Program Files\Android\ Folder and then it's all uninstalled? Then I just copy the files from the zip folder of the new release to my SD card in the Program Files\Android folder?
23rd October 2008, 06:51 AM |#1250  
Flag Wellington
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzo

# This is what I use: "msm_sdcc.msmsdcc_fmax=32000000 pm.sleep_mode=0 board-htcvogue.panel_type=1"
# fbcon=rotate:1
# console=ttyMSM0"

To get this to work in the default.txt do I just remove the '#' or do I need to add set cmdline in front of it?
23rd October 2008, 06:54 AM |#1251  
Banned

More
dzo, are the new images just the old images with the new apps added, or are they rebuilt entirely from the new SDK release?

Also, thanks for making the kernel changes easy to track w/ git -- did you document anywhere or make any kind of diff for your exact changes to the base image?

I finally got the SDK to build (seems like ubuntu cross-compilers are broken, e.g. try "gcc -m32 -lz somefile.c"), and I want to make the dialer look non-retarded in QVGA.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, linux, vogue

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)