Linux and Android for Vogue [kernel thread]

Search This thread

eoche007

Mar 19, 2008
Which of the apks did you install?

I can't remember all the apks I added all together, but when you 1st uploaded the apks, I installed email.apk, notepad.apk, calendar.apk, settings.apk and IM.apk. Everything showed up in my application list with the exception of IM.

however, when I launched the calender apk, it didn't work. So I included the CalendarProvider.apk and it worked. Hope that helps. And thanks for all your hard work on this.

aven_soulgazer

Feb 20, 2008
I put in calendarprovider.apk and calender.apk both and I got the error message I posted not far back. Trying again now with the new file

I uninstalled the previous version. Deleted the android app folder. Put in the new files and ran android. The previous api's were showing up. Were the api's put into the new files or do I need to clear something else to get rid of them and start over? Curently having same error with calendar.

Last edited:

dzo

Senior Recognized Developer
Apr 3, 2008
Auckland
I figured it out, you have to go to dev tools, then google login service, click on "require google" and put in a valid gmail account and password. Now the calendar works.

eoche007

Mar 19, 2008
I figured it out, you have to go to dev tools, then google login service, click on "require google" and put in a valid gmail account and password. Now the calendar works.

I guess that was why mine was working...I already had a valid google login service. Anyways, thanks for the heads up.

Stork66

Oct 21, 2008
So when I want to remove the last version and update to the newer release, do I just delete the Program Files\Android\ Folder and then it's all uninstalled? Then I just copy the files from the zip folder of the new release to my SD card in the Program Files\Android folder?

bugmenot

Mar 28, 2008
dzo, are the new images just the old images with the new apps added, or are they rebuilt entirely from the new SDK release?

Also, thanks for making the kernel changes easy to track w/ git -- did you document anywhere or make any kind of diff for your exact changes to the base image?

I finally got the SDK to build (seems like ubuntu cross-compilers are broken, e.g. try "gcc -m32 -lz somefile.c"), and I want to make the dialer look non-retarded in QVGA.

gima2002

Jan 12, 2008
Help

I am not sure if I am doing something wrong but before the new updates Android was working fine for me. I extracted Martin's new files in the main sd card directory but when I try running android my phone keeps going to the android screen taking a minute or 2 then the screen goes blank for a few seconds then back to the android screen. It keeps going like that for 15 minutes and it never changes. I am running it off of an 8gb micro SD.

pchasco

Mar 15, 2008
I am not sure if I am doing something wrong but before the new updates Android was working fine for me. I extracted Martin's new files in the main sd card directory but when I try running android my phone keeps going to the android screen taking a minute or 2 then the screen goes blank for a few seconds then back to the android screen. It keeps going like that for 15 minutes and it never changes. I am running it off of an 8gb micro SD.

Search the thread. The solution has already been posted within the last few pages.

Kiraly

Jan 2, 2008
Manassas
What am I doing wrong

Figured out what my mistake was. I was extracting the files instead of just putting them on my SD card as-is.

Last edited:

Littlefield

Apr 26, 2008
We really need an 'Android/Vogue Development' Sub-Forum; many repeat questions and lack of organization.

Anyways found a bug: When my phone goes to take a nap the only way to unlock is the keyboard button and after that the Up/Down Volume sliders are unfunctional :eek:

pchasco

Mar 15, 2008
We really need an 'Android/Vogue Development' Sub-Forum; many repeat questions and lack of organization.

Anyways found a bug: When my phone goes to take a nap the only way to unlock is the keyboard button and after that the Up/Down Volume sliders are unfunctional :eek:

What a coincidence! That's been answered in the thread too!

fletch259

Mar 14, 2006
Ok I just installed dzo's latest build and it worked straightaway! I copied all the files in the zip to the root of my sd card and android booted up fine. I got Calendar to work, but it doesn't appear to be syncing. Anyone get to sync with their Google calendar?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ok so my stability argument was based on desktop distro's. I'm sure i'm in over my head but i would just like to have linux running on my phone...so i can boot right to it no windows at all....
    It's great you guys are adventurous enough to do this. And I have nothing against pioneering but you people are getting so excited over a basic shell if that. Thanks but I prefer my phone to be usable with hundreds of thousands of applications to choose from... Can you whip up that many apps real quick like? For some reason people think there are a zillion people waiting to program for Android and not for Windows Mobile... That's not the case. It will take YEARS before Android is competitive if at all. And most of the apps are going to look all homebrew and rudamentary. Hopefully I'm wrong.
    just tried it, the calendar comes up now but when I go to my calendars I get an error saying "Sorry the process com.android.calendar has stopped unexpectedly"
    Thi swill probably sound really stupid but I am enw to the boards, is there anyway of putting Android on a LG Voyager? I love androids interface and would love to not have to switch plans to get it (plus I can't waitlol)
    I've fixed wifi on the 2.6.32 kernel. Attached is the new module, put it in /system/lib/modules. You'll also need the very latest kernel. I made some very big changes to the sd driver so this could break other things..