[ROM][12/13/13] - CleanROM 7.0R2 -★| Android 4.2.2! | Sense 5! | Clean! | Stable! |★-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

memoerdezguey

Feb 23, 2011
LoS AnGeLeS
still no answer to my question? can you flash this over 1.1 or do i have to start over?

Most likely you would need to start over since there has been lots of improvements....i would start from scratch and back up important apps with data through titanium even though lots of peeps have tforce closes after...

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

scott...just noticed that we have a different car dock app than international one x....do you think i can just get their app in apk and push it through root explorer or it wont work since its for international one x? Theirs look better since they have gps integrated in car mode unlike us, we still use car dock and then gps app if we need it

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
Anymore testers needed? Just wondering.....? Anyways man scott ur fast! I cant wait to try 4.0!

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Nope, will be releasing it soon....

Standard ROM is good have it in my unlocked att one x on T-Mobile.. connection drops every so often in usually strong areas, any idea boys?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

Not sure on that. You may want to try a TMobile specific Radio?

Короче вот эти все ROMы-это не firmware,a просто система tipa софтвэр,сколько бы ты их не флашил,твоё firmware ostanetsa takim kak i было.вообще сменить firmware ne tak prosto kogda s-on.для этого народ делает супер cid,потом флашит оригинл подписанный HTC, (ruu.exe ili pgxximg.zip)to уже другая история
Nandroid всё восстановит в случае неудачи с этим ромом.

Im sure that answers it a lot better than I can! Thanks Vin!

Most likely you would need to start over since there has been lots of improvements....i would start from scratch and back up important apps with data through titanium even though lots of peeps have tforce closes after...

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

scott...just noticed that we have a different car dock app than international one x....do you think i can just get their app in apk and push it through root explorer or it wont work since its for international one x? Theirs look better since they have gps integrated in car mode unlike us, we still use car dock and then gps app if we need it

Maybe on 4.1. Right now... Everything is working as perfect as can be on 4.0. I cant find one bug nor could the beta testers. I mean, Gallery integration, Phone Book and contacts... Its just all too good to make any changes now. But there is always next time.

Reactions: corythug

Scott

CleanROM 4.0 Standard and Lite are out!

CleanROM 4.0 Standard and Lite are out!

CR4-HOX.png

about.png

• CleanROM 4 is an all inclusive ROM designed with you in mind.
  • This ROM is targeted to the towards the user that wants a stock ROM expereince with out all the AT&T Bloat but requires 100% functionality!
  • This ROM does maintain all social networking features and all HTC Sense integrated features such as Drop Box, Picasa, etc
  • This ROM has no themes and is true to stock in looks except for some minor but useful mods
  • Based on AT&T 1.85 RUU and is Odexed

features.png

Mods
  • Advanced Power Menu, 3 Button Removal Mod with key remap, Extended Quick Settings,
  • No boot sound, Jellybean Boot Animation, Jellybean Sounds, Custom Wallpapers
  • Many flashable add-ons!

Stock Apps
  • AT&T Hot Spot, All Sense 4 Items, Calculator, Calendar, Camera, Play Store, AT&T Phone Book, Notes
  • Facebook, Twitter, Picasa, Flickr, Dock Mode, Album, Music, Beats, Drop Box, JetCet Printer, Tasks
  • Polaris Office, Stocks, Talk, Task Manager, Voice Search, Hotspot, Play Music, Youtube, VVM, FM Radio

Removed From Stock ROM
  • Kindle, App Sharing, AT&T Code Scanner, AT&T Family Maps, AT&T Family Maps, AT&T Navigation,
  • AT&T Ready To go, AT&T U-verse Live TV, City ID, Device Help, Google+, HTC Spyware
  • All keyboard languages except English, Kindle, MOG Music, SoundHound, HD Games, Tune In Radio,
  • Watch, Yellow Pages, All keyboard languages except English, Streets

Lite Edition
  • All features of Standard Edition with the following items removed
  • All Social Network Apps, Dock Mode, Notes, and Tasks

CRMODS.png

The following CleanROM Mods On SD Card after Flashing
Statusbars
  • EQS Statusbar Standard Battery (Default)
  • EQS Statusbar with Percent Battery
  • Stock Statusbar
  • Transparent EQS Statusbar Percent Battery
  • Transparent EQS Statusbar Standard Battery
Multitasking
  • Sotck Multitasking (Default)
  • Level 1 Multitasking
  • Level 2 Multitasking
Overclocking
  • OC-1.647
  • OC-1.701
  • OC-1.755
  • OC-1.809
  • OC-Undo (Default)
Kernels
  • 1.85.502.3 (Default)
Misc
  • AOSP Keyboard
  • ATT Hotspot Hack
  • Standard Buttons - No APM
  • Teeter (Not working!)
  • WiFi Tether 3.2 Pre1 (APK)

changes.png

Version 4.0 - 7/1/2012
  • Complete Rebuild from AT&T 1.85 Base
  • A Full Data Wipe is recommended for full functionality!
  • ROM is now Odex! Do not Flash De-Odexed Mods!!!
  • GSM patch is removed at this time. It needs to be rebuilt properly. Sorry!
  • Complete Change Log can be found HERE

installation.png

• Must have custom recovery installed with unlocked bootloader!
  • Copy ROM to storage
  • Reboot to Recovery
  • Recommend wiping data / Factory Reset in Recovery!
  • Install ROM
  • Reboot to System
  • Profit!

notes.png

• You should update SU Binaries immediately after install!
  • You should set SU Default Access to "Grant" to avoid problems with some apps such as Root Explorer!
  • Highly recommend disabling Fast Boot in Power Settings!
  • Flash the Hotspot hack AFTER booting up ROM for the first time!
  • If you Overclock you may get less battery and increased heat. This is normal. If you dont like it flash the "OC-Undo.zip"

thanks.png

The following XDA Developers for Mods or general help with things!
  • Amikam from TheMikMik.com, Smartguy0104, coolbho3000, Tiffany84, sk08, xsMajical, Turge, jmattp, smokin1337!
  • All the dedicated Beta Testers that worked mercilessly testing the ROM!

If you like this ROM please consider making a donation to encourage future development :)
Please hit Thanks and Rate the thread 5 Stars :)

Happy July 1st!

Please Flash Responsible!

Enjoy!

-Scott

eighty1

Apr 8, 2009
Atlanta
Stop jumping the gun! lol Just kidding. I always update my site first. Then I hit Facebook / Twitter, then XDA then TheMikMik

Hahaha! I definitely jumped gun. Actually I blindly walked into the update after waking up to already being on the site and hitting refresh and an update jumps out at me. Good start to my Sunday. :good:

Scott

Odexed vs de-odexed - benefits of each?

De-odexed is beneficial for theming etc, odexed will boot quicker...is this right?

Curious as to why you have "gone against the grain" since most devs will de-odex their ROMs.

Yes, there are some difference that I would be happy to explain because a lot of people are going to ask...

1. Odex boots quicker and runs more efficiently.
  2. System doesnt use any Dalvik cache because the OS doesnt have to take the classed.dex file and put it in Dalvik which is essentially creating an odex file (short version). The reason de-odex ROM boot takes longer is its creating its own version of the odex file to put in Dalvik cache. This also saves space in the /data partition of the ROM and gives other apps "more room to breath."
  3. Because the APK's dont have the classes.dex file, in theory, they will load quicker because the file is smaller and odex file is already there. Gains are negligible but none the less true!
  4. Yes, Odexed ROMS are harder to theme... If you dont know how. But you can still create themes with Odex ROMS but it will take a few extra steps. Most light weight themes are nothing more than PNG changes and that will not be affected. For example my DE theme can easily be ported to this because all the classes.dex are the same so you just need to mod the APK and reuse the odex file. Involved themes that require XML changes will be more involved but that goes back to the "if you know how thing." All the mods in the ROM I Odexed in about 3 minutes and I am no genius so that ought to tell you something, lol. All you need to is make your theme on a de-odex ROM then re-odex the files you changed. Not too hard to do but not a lot of info on it so I had to dig deep into my contact list to learn how.
  5. So all in all Odex ROMS are smoother IMHO and that of some very well accomplished Devs.
  6. Yes, I like to go against the grain. Keeps things lively!

EDIT: And by far the single most important reason... The de-odexing tools do not play well with ICS 4.0.3 / Sense 4.0... Remember the Phone book / Contacts bug? How about the Gallery / Drop Box integration? That was caused because the de-odex tools were screwing up the files! Yeah, spent days and days on that and could not find one single reason. So tried the ROM odexed and EVERYTHING just worked! So I took my mods and re-odexed them and now we have pure BUTTER!

-Scott

Last edited:

Scott

Oh one thing I did cool on this version... I learned how to add my own custom wall paper set! So I added the wall papers from the prior two versions and they apply properly without pixelating and distorting.

They are in the HTC Wallpapers when you choose them.

Anyways... Time for bed... Got to work some OT in a few hours :crying:

Blaze_au

May 22, 2004
Melbourne
Thanks heaps for your great work Scott...

Please when you find some time complete the GSM patch, the 4G icon isn't much use to us Aussies...

Scott

are google gapps from 4.1 used
and are the mods on the sd card odexed

Its the latest Gapps that were on the market when I made the ROM. I did not use anything from Jellybean if that is what you are asking. Maybe in future versions I can look at that. Did you have any specific in mind?

And yes, all the mods are odexed. Would be pretty stupid of me to place de-odexed mods on the SD Card, heh? :confused: lol

Thanks heaps for your great work Scott...

Please when you find some time complete the GSM patch, the 4G icon isn't much use to us Aussies...

Thanks!

And yes I will figure it out if someone smarter than me doesnt figure it out first :fingers-crossed: Its just going to be a pain in the ass. But in time... I am sure I can figure it out.

-Scott

-Scott

mrakifa

Mar 26, 2011
Google Pixel 6a
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I am unable to dl the new ver...every time I req the desktop site it does not pull up...anyone else having this problem?

Edit: I figured it out thx
Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

jay661972

Oct 19, 2010
San Diego CA
Standard ROM is good have it in my unlocked att one x on T-Mobile.. connection drops every so often in usually strong areas, any idea boys?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

I am tmobile also and using att hox. Remember we can only use edge, thats it. Just make sure you have the right apn.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][12/13/13] - CleanROM 7.0R2 -★| Android 4.2.2! | Sense 5! | Clean! | Stable! |★-

CR-7-HOX.png

about.png

• CleanROM is targeted to the towards the user that wants a stock ROM look and feel, demand performance and expect stability!
    • CleanROM is based on the latest T Mobile 5.08.111.2 OTA which is Android 4.2.2 infused with AT&T settings!
    • This ROM has no themes and is true to stock in looks!
    • CleanROM is one of the best supported ROMS in the "industry!"
    • CleanROM is the longest running ROM series for the HTC One X!

features.png

• Android 4.2.2
    • Sense 5
    • Very Light Build
    • AOSP Recent's
    • Option For Minor Tiles
    • All Apps up to date
    • Busybox!
    • ADB as root!
    • System partition writable!

changes.png

Version 7.0R2- 12/13/2013
    • Re-compressed and update all files
    • Removed Auto and Stocks

installation.png

• Must have TWRP Recovery installed with unlocked bootloader! CWM Recovery not supported!
    • Highly recommend latest Jellybean firmware and S-Off!
    • Copy ROM to storage
    • Reboot to Recovery
    • Wipe data / Factory Reset in Recovery!
    • Install ROM
    • Reboot to System
    • Profit!

• All Users, Testers and Donaters! Thanks for your support!
    • All the Admins at www.scottsroms.com!
    • Turge for the base ROM to work with! Please check out that thread and hit that Thanks button too! I cant make this ROM with out his base! Firmware is also there so you have to go to that thread ;)

Donations are gladly accepted! :)
    Please hit Thanks and Rate the thread 5 Stars :)
    [/CENTER]
    Minor Tiles Attached!
    Well guys, I have opted to discontinue development on this device.

Thanks for everyone who gave feedback, made mods, etc.

I consider this ROM community goods and if you would like to continue to use it as a base for your own ROM then by all means feel free to.

I just ask that you give appropriate credit.

Thank you!

-Scott
    Now lets get back to ROM talk!

And thanks to Kennethpenn, Red5 and The_Scotsman! You guys rock and I dont ency your jobs.

And thanks to all the users who convinced me to stay! I do this for you!
    Guys, I dont normally ask this in a thread....

But lets try to get me to 8K thanks today. Would mean a lot me!

And we only need about 18 more 5 star thread votes if you think the work produced is worth it!

Thanks!