thanks for the links. I found the uboot 0526 on the russian forum. It is true that the problem with the very bright display is a uboot-problem which can be solved by the uboot from may.
So I did only 2 things: I took the latest stock-firmware from merimobiles 20120607 and copied the CWRM-recovery and the uboot from 20120526 inside. You can flash it with the flash-tool and after you have to root it with "TPSparkyRoot_ haipai _noble_I9220" from page 1.
Here is the link for the stock-rom modified with CWRM and uboot:
And the link from page 1 for the root-script:
a) As an alternative for step 1 and 2 you can install CWRM only or the complete firmware with step 1.
b) Download and copy a russian modified stock-rom to the root of your sd-card:
c) Go into recovery-mode by keep holding the left volume-rocker when turning on the phone.
d) Select the following steps:
- wipe data/factory reset
- wipe cache
- wipe Dalvik cache (Advanced)
- install ZIP from sdcard
- choose the modified rom "I9220PAD_2012.06.07.mod_by_Resquer.signed.zip "
- confirm twice
- after installing is complete reboot device
This russian modified rom runs very nice on my device:
- It is rooted already
- It has the correct uboot
- It has deleted chinese apps
- It has a nice battery circle in the top-bar
- It seems to have some optimization which I don't know
- It has the original partition size of 500mb for system, which I recommend so you can backup your system with CWRM or go back to stock-rom-backups without problems.
There is the same modified rom on the russian forum availabe which has a changed partition of 2GB for system, but if you want to go back from this rom to a stock-rom with the original system-size you have to flash with the flashtool first - restore with CWRM would fail.
These 2 modified roms were already posted in post no. 73 by djwohls.
I will go on testing the "I9220PAD_2012.06.07.mod_by_Resquer.signed.zip " and if I don't have any issues I will keep that rom.
But until now I recommend this russian mod-rom (seems to be a small piece of a super-rom).