Thanks Meter: 139

By angelobiz, Senior Member on 6th June 2012, 10:43 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st July 2012, 01:55 PM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 152

More
ROMs for Star Note i9220
Hi Sas,

thanks for the links. I found the uboot 0526 on the russian forum. It is true that the problem with the very bright display is a uboot-problem which can be solved by the uboot from may.

So I did only 2 things: I took the latest stock-firmware from merimobiles 20120607 and copied the CWRM-recovery and the uboot from 20120526 inside. You can flash it with the flash-tool and after you have to root it with "TPSparkyRoot_ haipai _noble_I9220" from page 1.

Step 1:
Here is the link for the stock-rom modified with CWRM and uboot:
http://www.mediafire.com/?o7na5mm6hfasjt7

Step 2:
And the link from page 1 for the root-script:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wvb2v914y0uddtj

a) As an alternative for step 1 and 2 you can install CWRM only or the complete firmware with step 1.
b) Download and copy a russian modified stock-rom to the root of your sd-card:
http://www.mediafire.com/?eas7ztidnn996wo
c) Go into recovery-mode by keep holding the left volume-rocker when turning on the phone.
d) Select the following steps:
- wipe data/factory reset
- wipe cache
- wipe Dalvik cache (Advanced)
- install ZIP from sdcard
- choose the modified rom "I9220PAD_2012.06.07.mod_by_Resquer.signed.zip "
- confirm twice
- after installing is complete reboot device

This russian modified rom runs very nice on my device:
- It is rooted already
- It has the correct uboot
- It has deleted chinese apps
- It has a nice battery circle in the top-bar
- It seems to have some optimization which I don't know
- It has the original partition size of 500mb for system, which I recommend so you can backup your system with CWRM or go back to stock-rom-backups without problems.

There is the same modified rom on the russian forum availabe which has a changed partition of 2GB for system, but if you want to go back from this rom to a stock-rom with the original system-size you have to flash with the flashtool first - restore with CWRM would fail.

These 2 modified roms were already posted in post no. 73 by djwohls.

I will go on testing the "I9220PAD_2012.06.07.mod_by_Resquer.signed.zip " and if I don't have any issues I will keep that rom.

But until now I recommend this russian mod-rom (seems to be a small piece of a super-rom).

Have phun.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pogodancer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pogodancer Ad-Free

1st July 2012, 04:36 PM |#112  
Flag kidderminster
Thanks Meter: 507

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by pogodancer

Hi Sas,

thanks for the links. I found the uboot 0526 on the russian forum. It is true that the problem with the very bright display is a uboot-problem which can be solved by the uboot from may.

Have phun.

Hey thats fantastic mate...Thank you very much for your hard work..
its just what is needed at the moment fantastic.
I reckon i am going to go with the Rus mod rom (sounds similar to taiwans)as makes more sense to do it all in one hit,there again latest firmware from MM is tempting as its new??or is it?? is it after the june firmware on here do you think???
No defo going to do the the alternative as then you should get best of all worlds
start with your mod stock then into recovery then flash russ mod.yes baby
cant wait i only get my replacement device tomorrow arvo bugger want to get t wok NOW.
1st July 2012, 06:46 PM |#113  

More
Hi sas,

please make this thread not so long with quoting the complete posts (cut only the part you want to mention or just tell which post no. you are mention to).

And I think you choose the best and easy way: First flash the modded stock with the flash-tool, so you will get the CWRM installed. Start your phone and copy the russian rom to your internal sd. Then shut down the phone, go into CWRM, wipe everything and install the russian rom. Thats it.

By the way: Both roms (modded stock-rom and russian custom rom) base on the latest firmware dated 2012-06-07.

I played around today with the russian rom and for me it's the best rom I still had. It works like charm for me. Tested (only short start) some games (AngryBirds, DoodleJump, NFS shift, Turbo fly etc.) and had no problems. Browsing with the stock browser is fast and smooth. Playstore works. Maps and Google Navigation shows my place, but I don't know if GPS really works. Videos up to 720p are OK. YouTube no probs.

But the CPU is set to "performance". So I installed "setcpu" and changed it to "ondemand" and set it on boot. Hoping battery usage and heating is lower with the ondemand-governor.

Have phun.
The Following User Says Thank You to pogodancer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pogodancer Ad-Free
1st July 2012, 08:16 PM |#114  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

So I did only 2 things: I took the latest stock-firmware from merimobiles 20120607 and copied the CWRM-recovery and the uboot from 20120526 inside. You can flash it with the flash-tool and after you have to root it with "TPSparkyRoot_ haipai _noble_I9220" from page 1.

Step 1:
Here is the link for the stock-rom modified with CWRM and uboot:
xxx.mediafire.com/?o7na5mm6hfasjt7

I get a error message from the flash tool:

Error: Initialize scatter file failed. Please check the scatter file name you load is legal
2nd July 2012, 06:00 AM |#115  
Flag Salerno
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

Both roms (modded stock-rom and russian custom rom) base on the latest firmware dated 2012-06-07..........but I don't know if GPS really works.

I've been using the modded one for one week. Confirm that the GPS works very good. Fix is fast (with EPO + AGPS in 5-10 ") and it's very stable.
Good rom
The Following User Says Thank You to capt_morpheme For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift capt_morpheme Ad-Free
2nd July 2012, 11:18 AM |#116  
Flag kidderminster

More
[/COLOR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by borsus

I get a error message from the flash tool:

Error: Initialize scatter file failed. Please check the scatter file name you load is legal

Sounds like your trying to flash the Russian zip unpacked with flash tool and this needs to be installed via SD card in recovery
use flash tool for the stock-rom modified with CWRM and uboot only
do not unzip the russian modified stock-rom but copy unzipped to the root of your sd-card
and install it once you are in in recovery mode
c) To Go into recovery-mode first by holding the left volume-rocker and then the power button simultaneously
d) Select the following steps:
- wipe data/factory reset
- wipe cache
- wipe Dalvik cache (Advanced)
- install ZIP from sdcard
- choose the modified rom "I9220PAD_2012.06.07.mod_by_Resquer.signed.zip "
- confirm twice
- after installing is complete reboot device
hope this helps
#AJT
2nd July 2012, 03:53 PM |#117  
Flag kidderminster

More
Unhappy big problem
Hi guys just got my new device and its going mad...it does not matter what firmware i use flash as soon as i boot it its just pressing its own buttons dialling opening and closing stuff its going wild...What can i do
so looking forward and now i think this ones knackard as well..god knows i am fed up,
says its N9000 i9220 pad so same device???
2nd July 2012, 05:53 PM |#118  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I tried to do the upgrade from sd card, but i says: E:signature verification failed, installation aborted ... what can it be?
2nd July 2012, 07:16 PM |#119  
Flag Iowa City, IA
Thanks Meter: 3

More
signature verification failed...
Quote:
Originally Posted by martelasol

I tried to do the upgrade from sd card, but i says: E:signature verification failed, installation aborted ... what can it be?

Try copying it to your device again, if that doesn't work try to download it again. I have had this error several times, one of those will fix it.
The Following User Says Thank You to djwohls For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift djwohls Ad-Free
2nd July 2012, 07:29 PM |#120  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djwohls

Try copying it to your device again, if that doesn't work try to download it again. I have had this error several times, one of those will fix it.

I am downloading the file again. Before you install this rom i would like to make the backup of the rom installed on my device, can you tell me how to do the backup? Thanks in advance ...
2nd July 2012, 07:43 PM |#121  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by martelasol

can you tell me how to do the backup?

For a backup you must have CWRM installed. If you dont have flash with the flashtool only the modded stock rom. But ONLY check "recovery". So install CWRM which you can start with the left volume-rocker and power. In the CWRM menu you can choose backup. make this backup and it will created in the folder clockworkmod. for safety copy this folder (and never rename the folder or files) to your pc or anywhere. With this backup you can restore your system via CWRM at anytime. But you need CWRM in each case.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
haipai, mtk6575

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)