By thiagofbrito, Senior Member on 19th April 2012, 03:10 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th June 2012, 03:49 AM |#231  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 552

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by w5062

HTC and other comps should really just release fewer phones so they would have way better support, and it makes it easier for HTC do they won't have to plan and test so many updates for so many phones.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S

soon as the next galaxy device comes out ill get that. especially as they only brought out galaxy nexus with 5mp camera !

1st July 2012, 04:28 AM |#232  
OP Senior Member
Flag Fortaleza
Thanks Meter: 63

More
Maybe we should start waiting for jelly bean from some blessed dev.
Dam HTC we didn't even get ICS. Shame on you.

Sent from my Incredible S using xda premium
w5062
1st July 2012, 06:08 AM |#233  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Damn still no update.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
1st July 2012, 08:09 PM |#234  
Thanks Meter: 154

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thiagofbrito

Dam HTC we didn't even get ICS. Shame on you.

Huh?
As far as I remember HTC didn't give a voucher for ICS upgrade with my phone. I paid my money and they are bound to fix my phone in case it breaks without my interference - but are they indebted to upgrade the phones' OS?

No. But they promised to do so for free!
I think we should appreciate that instead of complaining that their gift hasn't arrived yet. They gain nothing but good public relations from that, rather it costs them a lot of $$$, as they have to bring up lots of paid working hours from their coders, testers, ...

Just my 2¢
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to husky69 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift husky69 Ad-Free
1st July 2012, 08:45 PM |#235  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by husky69

Huh?
As far as I remember HTC didn't give a voucher for ICS upgrade with my phone. I paid my money and they are bound to fix my phone in case it breaks without my interference - but are they indebted to upgrade the phones' OS?

I think we should appreciate that instead of complaining that their gift hasn't arrived yet. They gain nothing but good public relations from that, rather it costs them a lot of $$$, as they have to bring up lots of paid working hours from their coders, testers, ...

Just my 2¢

You right they did promised, and thats why they should stand behind their words, and not every month give us a delay. Like they pay to the coders and the testers so as I paid a lot of money for their phone. And believe me they do a good money for the updates, u dont know what goes behind the scenes. So please....

Sent from my Incredible S
1st July 2012, 09:07 PM |#236  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdk83

You right they did promised, and thats why they should stand behind their words, and not every month give us a delay. Like they pay to the coders and the testers so as I paid a lot of money for their phone. And believe me they do a good money for the updates, u dont know what goes behind the scenes. So please....

As far as I know they promised the update between June and July. So there is still no delay yet. I belive they will stand on it. Not like SonyEricsson or LG.
1st July 2012, 09:31 PM |#237  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcio366

As far as I know they promised the update between June and July. So there is still no delay yet. I belive they will stand on it. Not like SonyEricsson or LG.

In the beginning it was may-june....

The Following User Says Thank You to mdk83 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mdk83 Ad-Free
1st July 2012, 09:43 PM |#238  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:

Huh?

Just my 2¢

18 months support aggrement with google. Nothing more nothing less. But its googles fault. A little bit more pressure for delivering updates within one month for all supported phones would be fine. You want to sell? Okay, but you have to keep all phones 18 months up to date. Everything else is bull***it

By the way...i didnt find my money on the streets and i paid them near 500€ to get a full supported phone. They have to work hours? I wouldnt care if they had to work for months
2nd July 2012, 01:03 AM |#239  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 1,646

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Huh?

Just my 2¢

Actually, that's not true. They signed up to an agreement to keep their phones up to date for 18 months from release, and part of my reason for buying this phone was that agreement. Its not a gift, its a part of being in the smartphone business and they need to learn that as more people get to know about new features, more people will start demanding updates or will go to apple, who do keep their devices up to date (to an extent)

As far as expense regarding updating our device, it is next to nothing. If they had open sourced the egl and camera drivers, we would have had a fully functional glitch free ICS 6 months ago, for free, from our friendly xda devs. They could release ICS with sense 3 on it for all of the devices that were out at the time within a matter of a couple of months from getting the source, they choose not to for business reasons, not technical ones. Their cost comes in constantly re-writing sense.

Sent from my Incredible S using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to vido.ardes For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vido.ardes Ad-Free
2nd July 2012, 07:17 AM |#240  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Still waiting
Hello All,
Another week has started, bringing new month of waiting and waiting and waiting...
Soon Android Peanut Butter will be announced and HTC Two Y with 10 cores, 40 megapixel camera, but we are going to still wait for ICS.
Come on HTC, keep your promise, the clock is ticking and July end is so close...
The Following User Says Thank You to mradulov For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mradulov Ad-Free
w5062
2nd July 2012, 07:45 AM |#241  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mradulov

Hello All,
Another week has started, bringing new month of waiting and waiting and waiting...
Soon Android Peanut Butter will be announced and HTC Two Y with 10 cores, 40 megapixel camera, but we are going to still wait for ICS.
Come on HTC, keep your promise, the clock is ticking and July end is so close...

Omfg hahaha made my day
Oh god i cant wait another month !!!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)