7,998 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,698

By gunnyman, Senior Member on 29th June 2012, 11:14 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd July 2012, 03:16 AM |#131  
new orleans
Thanks Meter: 952

More
I seen an article that came out today saying the judge was calling appl absurd and childish idk but doubt it'll be banned

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

2nd July 2012, 03:56 AM |#132  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 646

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _MetalHead_

Apple would not have gotten to where they are if they didn't sell very high quality products.

This makes me laugh a bit. Not too long ago big Tobacco's companies were at the top, so cigarettes are high quality products then?
In this world if you sell BS or good stuff does not matter, it's all about marketing.

Btw, for those who still believe the poor apple is just protecting itself from nasty and bigger companies then take a look here, there's no bigger company all over the world:
http://money.cnn.com/2012/04/10/tech..._cap/index.htm
The Following User Says Thank You to xdaid For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd July 2012, 04:07 AM |#133  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Samsung will destroy Apple now.
2nd July 2012, 04:23 AM |#134  
Flag Portland
Thanks Meter: 2,803

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdaid

This makes me laugh a bit. Not too long ago big Tobacco's companies were at the top, so cigarettes are high quality products then?
In this world if you sell BS or good stuff does not matter, it's all about marketing.

Btw, for those who still believe the poor apple is just protecting itself from nasty and bigger companies then take a look here, there's no bigger company all over the world:
http://money.cnn.com/2012/04/10/tech..._cap/index.htm

Are you really comparing Apple to big tobacco? And you expect me to take that seriously?
2nd July 2012, 04:59 AM |#135  
Thanks Meter: 24

More

Sent from my Dark Unicorn Resurrected v.2 using Tapatalk 2
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xtc714 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xtc714 Ad-Free
2nd July 2012, 05:02 AM |#136  
Thanks Meter: 258

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtc714

Sent from my Dark Unicorn Resurrected v.2 using Tapatalk 2

The sad world we've been living today..

Swyped from my GT-i9100
2nd July 2012, 05:17 AM |#137  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorjess

The sad world we've been living today..

Swyped from my GT-i9100

And it's going to get ever sadder as time passes by

Sent from my Dark Unicorn Resurrected v.2 using xda premium
2nd July 2012, 06:12 AM |#138  
Flag Brisbane, AU
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnyman

Looks like a Transformer Prime is in my future.

Wait for the infinity IMO. The Prime is fantastic but at this point in time just wait
2nd July 2012, 06:25 AM |#139  
Flag Castlegar
Thanks Meter: 927

More
I have to agree with some users here, like it or not apple makes quality products. They also are great for ease of use (come on, how many non tech friends did you recommend the iphone too?, myself, a metric fucton. My own wife is not overly technical and therefor has an ipad.). Great product support (warranty, which you can even buy after the fact), and....admit it, great marketing.

I have never wanted an apple product myself. I personaly dislike Itunes, and I have never been a fan of their closed system. As a Pilot, I love my tech, my flightbag has always featured tech toys (pda, winmo, now Android for both phone and tablet). I have 4 kids, the oldest is 14 and his first tech purchase was a transformer prime, like his Dad he prefers tinkering with his tech.

BUT! Apple is very, very succsesful. Their products are popular for good reason. Second but, I have never liked Apples business practises, now....I despise them. Apple does not need to do what they are doing, competition is healthy and spurs inovation. Many people say science fiction spurs science fact. This is true, look at popular sci fi movies, and shows such as Buck Rogers, Star Trek etc and you will reckonize many of our current tech toys. Tablets / slates / pads......lots of examples. Voice commands / search....come on, lots of that. But Apple manages to get stupid patents like scrolling lists, changing screen orientation etc etc, thing that are either common culture, common sense, or both.

Apple makes great products. There are so many people that are die hard Apple fans I honestly believe they have nothing to worry about. Never mind ios vrs Android vrs windows phone, or " I'm a mac and I'm a pc". Apple helped speed up the mobile sector in 2007 - 2008, no one will ever argue that. Since then? Seriously doesn't matter, every Iphone released has been the most popular phone ever (single phone....not operating system or manufacturer). They do not need to do what they are doing. Apple should be happy someone woke up (Google / Android) and has continued to inovate......and move forward. Once again, competition is healthy and spurs constant inovation.

I will personally not support Apple financialy. I will also stop recommending them to my tech dead friends (Samsung S3's for them!). I cannot morally support a company that has stooped as low as Apple. They want to be the only tech Company out there, with other tech Companies happilly making components for thier products. They do not believe in competition, free markets, and most importantly, they do not believe in free knowledge.

Apple, your products in my house will be replaced with Android equivalents (My Wife wants an S3 and a nexus 7). I will no longer give you one penny, or reccomend you to anyone unless you start competing with inovation again instead of litigation.

That, is the real issue here, not the quality of their products but thier philosophy and business practises.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to jmitr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jmitr Ad-Free
2nd July 2012, 06:52 AM |#140  
Flag Brisbane, AU
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmitr

That, is the real issue here, not the quality of their products but thier philosophy and business practises.

I have recommended iPhones to tech dead (lol) friends of mine in the past but no more. The gloves had to come off at some point and now I am going to bad mouth Apple (the company) if anyone asks for my advice...
The Following User Says Thank You to gunzy83 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gunzy83 Ad-Free
2nd July 2012, 08:15 AM |#141  
Thanks Meter: 897

More
Android may be granted some getback here soon:
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Apple...review_id31598

Cross your fingers and sacrifice some chickens that it may be so.
The Following User Says Thank You to MissionImprobable For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MissionImprobable Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)