[SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 UNIFIED TOOLKIT V9] Drivers, Backup, Root, Recovery + MORE [ATT]

Search This thread

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
INTRODUCING THE SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 UNIFIED TOOLKIT

SUPPORTED MODELS

INTERNATIONAL [GT-I9300] SUPPORT THREAD HERE

AUSTRALIAN MODEL GSM [GT-I9300T]

INTERNATIONAL [GT-I9305/GT-I9305N] SUPPORT THREAD HERE

AUSTRALIAN MODEL LTE [GT-I9305T]

C SPIRE MODEL LTE [SCH-L710]

AT&T US [SGH-I747] SUPPORT THREAD HERE

BELL, ROGERS, SASKTEL, TELUS [SGH-I747M] [SGH-I747M] USE AT&T SUPPORT THREAD

US CELLULAR MODEL LTE [SCH-R530] USE AT&T SUPPORT THREAD

METRO PCS MODEL LTE [SCH-R530M] USE AT&T SUPPORT THREAD

SPRINT US [SPH-L710] SUPPORT THREAD HERE

TMOBILE US [SGH-T999] SUPPORT THREAD HERE

MOBILICITY, VIDEOTRON, WIND [SGH-T999V] USE TMOBILE SUPPORT THREAD

VERIZON US [SCH-I535] SUPPORT THREAD HERE

CHINA ANYCALL CDMA MODEL [SCH-I939] USE GT-I9300 SUPPORT THREAD

The Unified Android Toolkit supports a multitude of Nexus and Samsung devices with more devices being added all the time. There is also an option at startup to run a Basic Android Toolkit which any Android device can use to install drivers, make app backups, install apk files, reboot the device into different modes and run a command prompt for manual input.

FUNCTIONS OF UNIFIED ANDROID TOOLKIT V1.3.4 [9TH JAN 2015]
* Install correct adb/fastboot drivers automatically on Windows xp/vista/7/8 32bit+64bit
* Backup/Restore a single package or all apps, user data and Internal Storage
* Backup your data from selectable folders [internal or external storage] to your PC for a Full Safe backup of data
* Unlock/Re-Lock your Bootloader [Nexus]
* Root Stock builds
* Various Root options using insecure boot image or custom recovery
* ALLINONE to Unlock, Root, Rename the Restore Files and install busybox [Nexus]
* ALLINONE to flash custom Recovery Root, Rename the Restore Files and install busybox [Samsung]
* Install BusyBox on your device
* Perform a FULL NANDROID Backup of your system (Boot, Cache, Data, Recovery and System) via adb and save in Custom Recovery format on your PC which can be Restored via CWM Recovery [if insecure boot image available]
* Fix extSdCard write permissions from installed apps in Android 4.4+ [Samsung]
* Pull /data and /system folders, compress to a .tar file and save to your PC [if insecure boot image available]
* Dump selected Device Partitions, compress to a .zip file with md5 and save to your PC [if insecure boot image available]
* Extras, Tips and Tricks section
* Auto Update ToolKit to latest available version at startup (professional only feature)
* Program up to 10 Quickpick slots and run them very quickly (professional only feature)
* Mods section to automatically perform certain tasks on your device
* Download Google Stock Image directly to correct ToolKit folder for extracting and flashing [Nexus]
* Check md5 of stock image to make sure downloaded file isn't corrupted before flashing [Nexus]
* Download Samsung Stock Firmware to PC for extracting and flashing via Odin [Samsung]
* Flash Custom Recovery or Google Stock Image to Device
* Rename the Recovery Restore File present on some Stock Roms
* Boot into CWM Touch, TWRP, Philz Touch Recovery or Stock Recovery without Flashing it [Nexus]
* Flash Custom Recovery to Device
* Boot [Nexus] or Flash .img Files directly from your PC
* Install a single apk or multiple apk's to your device
* Push Files from your PC to your device
* Pull Files from your device to your PC
* Disable forced encryption on Nexus6 and Nexus9 devices
* Install Root Checker app by Burrows Apps
* Install Backup/Restore app by MDroid Apps [calls log, sms, contacts]
* Install EFS/Partition Backup/Restore app by Wanam
* Dump selected LogCat buffers to your PC
* Dump BugReport to your PC
* Set Files Permissions on your device
* Open new Command Prompt for manual input
* Reboot device to Fastboot Mode or Android from fastboot mode [Nexus]
* Reboot device to Fastboot Mode [Nexus], Recovery, Android or Download Mode [Samsung] from adb mode
* Display Important Information about your device

--------------------------------------------------------------

SUPPORTED DEVICES AND LATEST SUPPORTED BUILDS *HERE*

DOWNLOAD THE SKIPSOFT UNIFIED ANDROID TOOLKIT *HERE* (FROM SKIPSOFT.NET)

NOTE: As the exe files are not Digitally Signed with a Microsoft Certificate they 'may' get picked up as potentially harmful by Antivirus Programs and deleted on first run. If this happens restore the file and exclude it from future scans to use it. This seems to happen mostly on AVG Free and Norton which is why I switched to BitDefender which is much better.

Credits: Chainfire for SuperSU, koush and the clockworkmod team for cwm and the universal driver pack, 1wayjonny for the adb/fastboot driver pack, Adam Lange for all his support and help with the insecure kernels.

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PUBLIC (FREE) AND PROFESSIONAL (DONATE) VERSIONS?
THE PUBLIC VERSION OF THE TOOLKIT INCLUDES EVERYTHING YOU COULD NEED TO MANIPULATE YOUR DEVICE. NOTHING IS RESTRICTED.

ACTIVATING THE PROFESSIONAL VERSION ADDS THE MOST USEFUL FUNCTION IN THE TOOLKIT, THE ABILITY TO CHECK FOR 'AUTO UPDATES' DIRECTLY VIA THE TOOLKIT AND HAVE THEM PUSHED TO YOUR PC RIGHT AWAY AS SOON AS THEY ARE UPLOADED WITHOUT NEEDING TO DOWNLOAD THE WHOLE TOOLKIT EVERY TIME. YOU WILL ALWAYS HAVE THE LATEST VERSION AS SOON AS IT IS MADE AVAILABLE. THIS MEANS SMALLER UPDATES CAN BE SENT OUT MORE FREQUENTLY, SUCH AS ADDING A SINGLE FUNCTION, FIXING A BUG OR ADDING COMPATIBILITY FOR A SINGLE CARRIER. THE SMALLER UPDATES WILL BE COMPILED AND RELEASED TO THE XDA COMMUNITY AS A FULL (PUBLIC) DOWNLOAD VERSION SO PROFESSIONAL VERSIONS ARE ALWAYS UPDATED SOONER.
THE PRO VERSION ALSO ADDS THE ABILITY TO CHECK FOR THE LATEST VERSION OF SUPERUSER AND RECOVERY FILES AND DOWNLOAD THEM DIRECTLY TO THE TOOLKIT.
THE 'QUICK PICKS' SECTION[/B] ALLOWS YOU TO PROGRAM UPTO 10 SLOTS WITH TASKS THAT YOU MAY PERFORM ON A REGULAR BASIS OR JUST WANT TO KEEP A SET OF TASKS IN 1 PLACE. THEN JUST SELECT THE SLOT AND IT WILL REMEMBER ALL YOUR SETTINGS FOR THAT TASK AND RUN IT.
PRO USERS CAN ALSO SELECT THE "ANY BUILD" OPTION IN THE BUILD SELECTION SCREEN TO ROOT ANY BUILD (USEFUL IF YOUR BUILD IS NOT LISTED).

AUTO REPLY LINKS FOR PAYPAL TO GET A CODE INSTANTLY CAN BE FOUND AT http://goo.gl/nyGqv

PLEASE READ THE *HELP* PAGE AT http://www.skipsoft.net/?page_id=1269 OR USE THE INFORMATION SECTION WITHIN THE TOOLKIT IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS. I HAVE TAKEN A LOT OF TIME TO WRITE IT AND SOMETHING ON THERE SHOULD ANSWER 99% OF PROBLEMS.

1. INSTALLING ADB/FASTBOOT DRIVERS

The first thing you need to do is to install the adb/fastboot drivers. These are needed so that you can unlock your bootloader, root your device and perform other adb/fastboot functions.

THE DRIVERS CAN BE INSTALLED DIRECTLY VIA THE TOOLKIT. OPTION 1 IN THE MAIN MENU.

If drivers are not installed or there is an exclamation mark next to the device:
Plug the device in to a usb cable directly connected to your motherboard.
In the Device Manager a new item, usually called Android 1.0 should pop up in the list.
Right click on the device item then left click on Update Driver Software. Select 'browse my computer' and then 'Let me pick from a list'.
If no adb interface driver appears in the list then untick 'Show compatible hardware' and find the Android or Samsung adb interface driver.
If you cannot find either of these click Have Disk, browse to the Toolkit install folder, drivers folder, click on android_winusb.inf and click Open.
Click OK and select Google ADB Interface.

Make sure you have USB debugging enabled in settings, developer options. In Android 4.2.2 or later you have to enable the developer options screen by going to settings, About on your device and click on Build number at the bottom 7 times until it says You are now a developer. If you have already enabled usb debugging then unplug/replug the usb cable.

On Android 4.2.2 or later when you replug the usb cable after enabling usb debugging for the first time you will get a popup asking you to authenticate your pc. Tick 'Always allow' then click 'ok'.

2. USING SKIPSOFT UNIFIED ANDROID TOOLKIT

When starting the Toolkit you will first be asked which device you want to work with. Working folders will be created and the device files downloaded. You will then be taken to the Model/Build selection screen where you can do a number of things (other than select your model/build): Type '00' to enter your activation code and enable pro features, 'i' will take you to the Information and Help Section, 'a' will give you information on how to add support for a new build.

Supported builds are listed in the Model/Build selection screen and typing the associated number (i.e. 11) will download needed boot and recovery files (stock and custom recovery) then check for and download the latest superuser files available and custom recovery (pro versions only), verify all the files and start the Main Menu. You can now use all the functions and tools the Android Toolkit offers. Pro users can select the "any build" option to root any build (useful if your build is not listed).

USEFUL INFORMATION

How to get into Recovery Mode
1. Unplug the USB cable.
2. Shut down the phone.
3. Hold down the 'HOME' + 'VOLUME UP' buttons and press the 'POWER' button for about 5 seconds to enter Recovery Mode.

How to get into Download Mode (For Odin)
1. Unplug the USB cable.
2. Shut down the phone.
3. Hold down the 'HOME' + 'VOLUME DOWN' buttons and press the 'POWER' button for about 2 seconds until a WARNING! Screen appears. Press the 'VOLUME UP' button to enter Download Mode.

*DISCLAIMER*

I take no responsibility for any fault or damage caused by any procedures within this guide. No warranties of any kind are given.

Last edited:

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
**FAQ**

Q. Help me I can't find my build in the Model Selection Screen

The Toolkit includes a selection of Insecure Boot Images to cover all the different builds available. As there are very many different builds it is impossible to include an image for every single build but some builds share the same Boot Image. If you have a build that isnt listed on the Model Selection Screen you can therefore use a similar build. The best way to go is up to the next available build as it should offer more compatibility with the build you are using but if that isn't available then try the next build below your one as it should still be almost identical as long as it is the same version (ie. 4.1.1).

The Model Selection Screen is there so that if a task in the ToolKit requires an insecure kernel [to perform adb root commands] and your phone doesnt already include one, a compatible boot image [with an insecure kernel included] can be flashed to provide adb root access.

If you have a Custom Rom flashed to your phone then it will most probably have an insecure kernel included so it doesn't really matter if your build is not listed on the Model Selection Screen and when asked [by certain functions] if you have an insecure kernel on your phone you can answer 'yes'. However if the function fails then your kernel may not be insecure in which case you can flash one from the ToolKit. If you need to do this make sure the right build [or closest available build] is set so you flash the right image for your phone.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q. What is ADB Shell?

Adb shell is a linux command line tool (because android is based on linux) used to send commands to your android device. For S-ON devices, this is crucial for modifying files in the /system partition (where the rom sits) as you cannot modify anything in /system when the rom is running without S-OFF like removing system apps.

Q. Why do I need to back up my IMEI/EFS and how do I do it?

There well protected section of your device that is virtually immune to any kind of flashing and manipulation (unless of course you know how to access it). This part of the device contains information such as IMEI (or MEID and ESN in the case of CDMA devices), programming parameters for the device such as your account information (phone number, etc), data provisioning parameters, and a whole bunch of other things that, when not handled properly, can render a device completely useless. All of these are contained in the infamous \EFS folder. If anything messes with your EFS folder, unlike flashing a device (which could potentially lead to bricks as well) it could render your device completely useless as it will no longer be recognized by your carrier. If you are not planning on flashing anything to your device and want to stay on pure Stock then you may never have any problems but it is still advisable to backup this information just in case (better to be safe than sorry). If you have a GT-I9300 GSM Model then you can do this from the Toolkit but if you have an LTE device then it isn't soo easy to do. If you have an LTE device you should go to *THIS* thread by lyriquidperfection and follow the information to save your IMEI/NV Data so that you are covered if anything should happen.

Q. Is there currently no way to root the Samsung Galaxy S3 without voiding the warranty?

All methods of rooting will void your warranty in some way as you will have superuser files on your phone that arent supposed to be there. There is a method of rooting your phone without increasing the flash counter which involves flashing a complete rom with root files already added but if anything happens and you need to send it back under warranty you will need to flash a 'proper' Stock Rom back before returning it or your warranty will be void. Flashing a custom kernel or recovery to root will increase the flash counter and also void any warranty. There is currently no method of resetting the flash counter on Snapdragon models but im pretty sure there will be some support for it soon. If you dont want to risk it or you aren't sure then you shouldnt really be flashing your phone and should just leave it alone. Its your choice .

Q. Will flashing Stock ROM via odin using the toolkit replace everything that was flashed before? recovery? etc?

Yes a Stock Image flashed via Odin will replace all your key partitions (boot, recovery, system) with the stock firmware. If you want to reset the phone back to an 'out of the box' state then you want to enter recovery and do a wipe first which will reformat your userdata partition.

Q. I flashed Custom Recovery but each time I reboot the Stock Recovery is back

There is an auto recovery restore system on certain Stock Android Builds that will reflash the Stock Recovery if you flash CWM on a Stock Rom.

Use Root Explorer to Mount the system folder as R/W (or use a free app from Google Play such as ES File Explorer). Rename the files /system/recovery-from-boot.p and /system/etc/install-recovery.sh (requires root). Now when you flash Custom Recovery it will NOT be overwritten after a reboot. You can also do this via the Toolkit.

Q. My AntiVirus program says the Toolkit files may be harmful

The exe compiled files are not digitally signed with a Microsoft certificate (as they cost money) so certain AntiVirus programs (mainly Norton and AVG Free) may pick it up as potentially harmful when it is not. They will pick up ANY file that doesn't contain a purchased Microsoft certificate in the same way. Just Restore the deleted file and exclude it from further scans and it will be fine. Or switch to a better AntiVirus program such as BitDefender.

Q. I flashed the Toolkit Boot Image, now my wifi + bluetooth won't work

The boot images are made from Stock with only needed changes made to the insecure boot images [modified adbd, default.prop and rc.local edited] and will work on all stock roms. If you flash them to a custom rom and the rom has been altered or uses a custom boot image then it will boot but certain modules may not load such as wifi or bluetooth. In this case you can use the boot image to root or perform adb root functions but will need to flash back the boot image for the custom rom to get other functions working again. This is not a fault of the Toolkit but a difference to stock in the custom rom.

Q. I am having trouble getting adb working with the drivers installed

Try switching your connection type from media (MTP) mode to camera mode (P2P). To do this open the notification area, click where it says connected as and change from MTP to PTP.

Q. I want to send my device back for warranty purposes

1. Follow the instructions to reset your flash counter with TriangleAway.
2. Download and flash a Stock Firmware image from the download section.
3. Boot into Stock Recovery and perform a wipe/factory reset
Your internal storage will be formatted and data and cache wiped. Your device should now be back to an out-of-the-box FULLY STOCK state with the flash counter [shown if you boot to download mode manually] reset and ready to send back.

Q. When connecting the phone I get 'USB Device not Recognized' and no serial number shows in the ToolKit

I actually had this problem recently and what fixed it for me was to make sure that the drivers have been installed, then shut my phone down plug the usb cable in and restart it. The phone booted up and the device was recognized and drivers installed correctly. May not work for everyone but worth trying.

Last edited:

Dx9

Aug 5, 2011
Ottawa
I selected all in one for Rogers but it looks like it never installed CWM app touch.

ainen

Aug 26, 2011
Awesome, I'll be trying this out when I get home from work tonight!

alkiter

Jul 26, 2010
Florida
Nice, but didn't work on my AT&T. Odin got to RESET and rebooted phone, but did not get to PASS. Closing Odin by X, returned to toolkit, but could not get ACK, install su or set root.

xhead

Sep 6, 2011
I selected all in one for Rogers but it looks like it never installed CWM app touch.

Yeah that happened with me too, stock CWM is fine for me ahha

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

Nice, but didn't work on my AT&T. Odin got to RESET and rebooted phone, but did not get to PASS. Closing Odin by X, returned to toolkit, but could not get ACK, install su or set root.

Mine took about 3-5 minutes for it to stay PASS and rebooted before pass.

kydkupa

May 29, 2010
Raleigh
I ran the #3 root option and everything worked fine. i have att version. I'm making a nandroid right now not issues.

ratatouille

Feb 11, 2008
Le Gardeur
When Im tried this method:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1725395

from noobnl, I had force close everywhere. I unrooted it with the steps provided in the same thread and reseted my phone. When it rebooted, screen rotation was the oposite of normal, the screen was always upside down. I could change it from Rogers, Do you think this method would do the same?

Thanks

Dx9

Aug 5, 2011
Ottawa
Yeah that happened with me too, stock CWM is fine for me ahha

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

Mine took about 3-5 minutes for it to stay PASS and rebooted before pass.

So how do I get the actual app? Should I redo it again and select a different option or is there a way to actually install from CWM? Thanks

skalatsky

Nov 24, 2008
Looks amazing!
Quick question does the root function trigger the modify counter?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    INTRODUCING THE SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 UNIFIED TOOLKIT

SUPPORTED MODELS

INTERNATIONAL [GT-I9300] SUPPORT THREAD HERE

AUSTRALIAN MODEL GSM [GT-I9300T]

INTERNATIONAL [GT-I9305/GT-I9305N] SUPPORT THREAD HERE

AUSTRALIAN MODEL LTE [GT-I9305T]

C SPIRE MODEL LTE [SCH-L710]

AT&T US [SGH-I747] SUPPORT THREAD HERE

BELL, ROGERS, SASKTEL, TELUS [SGH-I747M] [SGH-I747M] USE AT&T SUPPORT THREAD

US CELLULAR MODEL LTE [SCH-R530] USE AT&T SUPPORT THREAD

METRO PCS MODEL LTE [SCH-R530M] USE AT&T SUPPORT THREAD

SPRINT US [SPH-L710] SUPPORT THREAD HERE

TMOBILE US [SGH-T999] SUPPORT THREAD HERE

MOBILICITY, VIDEOTRON, WIND [SGH-T999V] USE TMOBILE SUPPORT THREAD

VERIZON US [SCH-I535] SUPPORT THREAD HERE

CHINA ANYCALL CDMA MODEL [SCH-I939] USE GT-I9300 SUPPORT THREAD

The Unified Android Toolkit supports a multitude of Nexus and Samsung devices with more devices being added all the time. There is also an option at startup to run a Basic Android Toolkit which any Android device can use to install drivers, make app backups, install apk files, reboot the device into different modes and run a command prompt for manual input.

FUNCTIONS OF UNIFIED ANDROID TOOLKIT V1.3.4 [9TH JAN 2015]
    * Install correct adb/fastboot drivers automatically on Windows xp/vista/7/8 32bit+64bit
    * Backup/Restore a single package or all apps, user data and Internal Storage
    * Backup your data from selectable folders [internal or external storage] to your PC for a Full Safe backup of data
    * Unlock/Re-Lock your Bootloader [Nexus]
    * Root Stock builds
    * Various Root options using insecure boot image or custom recovery
    * ALLINONE to Unlock, Root, Rename the Restore Files and install busybox [Nexus]
    * ALLINONE to flash custom Recovery Root, Rename the Restore Files and install busybox [Samsung]
    * Install BusyBox on your device
    * Perform a FULL NANDROID Backup of your system (Boot, Cache, Data, Recovery and System) via adb and save in Custom Recovery format on your PC which can be Restored via CWM Recovery [if insecure boot image available]
    * Fix extSdCard write permissions from installed apps in Android 4.4+ [Samsung]
    * Pull /data and /system folders, compress to a .tar file and save to your PC [if insecure boot image available]
    * Dump selected Device Partitions, compress to a .zip file with md5 and save to your PC [if insecure boot image available]
    * Extras, Tips and Tricks section
    * Auto Update ToolKit to latest available version at startup (professional only feature)
    * Program up to 10 Quickpick slots and run them very quickly (professional only feature)
    * Mods section to automatically perform certain tasks on your device
    * Download Google Stock Image directly to correct ToolKit folder for extracting and flashing [Nexus]
    * Check md5 of stock image to make sure downloaded file isn't corrupted before flashing [Nexus]
    * Download Samsung Stock Firmware to PC for extracting and flashing via Odin [Samsung]
    * Flash Custom Recovery or Google Stock Image to Device
    * Rename the Recovery Restore File present on some Stock Roms
    * Boot into CWM Touch, TWRP, Philz Touch Recovery or Stock Recovery without Flashing it [Nexus]
    * Flash Custom Recovery to Device
    * Boot [Nexus] or Flash .img Files directly from your PC
    * Install a single apk or multiple apk's to your device
    * Push Files from your PC to your device
    * Pull Files from your device to your PC
    * Disable forced encryption on Nexus6 and Nexus9 devices
    * Install Root Checker app by Burrows Apps
    * Install Backup/Restore app by MDroid Apps [calls log, sms, contacts]
    * Install EFS/Partition Backup/Restore app by Wanam
    * Dump selected LogCat buffers to your PC
    * Dump BugReport to your PC
    * Set Files Permissions on your device
    * Open new Command Prompt for manual input
    * Reboot device to Fastboot Mode or Android from fastboot mode [Nexus]
    * Reboot device to Fastboot Mode [Nexus], Recovery, Android or Download Mode [Samsung] from adb mode
    * Display Important Information about your device

SUPPORTED DEVICES AND LATEST SUPPORTED BUILDS *HERE*

DOWNLOAD THE SKIPSOFT UNIFIED ANDROID TOOLKIT *HERE* (FROM SKIPSOFT.NET)

NOTE: As the exe files are not Digitally Signed with a Microsoft Certificate they 'may' get picked up as potentially harmful by Antivirus Programs and deleted on first run. If this happens restore the file and exclude it from future scans to use it. This seems to happen mostly on AVG Free and Norton which is why I switched to BitDefender which is much better.

Credits: Chainfire for SuperSU, koush and the clockworkmod team for cwm and the universal driver pack, 1wayjonny for the adb/fastboot driver pack, Adam Lange for all his support and help with the insecure kernels.

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PUBLIC (FREE) AND PROFESSIONAL (DONATE) VERSIONS?
    THE PUBLIC VERSION OF THE TOOLKIT INCLUDES EVERYTHING YOU COULD NEED TO MANIPULATE YOUR DEVICE. NOTHING IS RESTRICTED.

ACTIVATING THE PROFESSIONAL VERSION ADDS THE MOST USEFUL FUNCTION IN THE TOOLKIT, THE ABILITY TO CHECK FOR 'AUTO UPDATES' DIRECTLY VIA THE TOOLKIT AND HAVE THEM PUSHED TO YOUR PC RIGHT AWAY AS SOON AS THEY ARE UPLOADED WITHOUT NEEDING TO DOWNLOAD THE WHOLE TOOLKIT EVERY TIME. YOU WILL ALWAYS HAVE THE LATEST VERSION AS SOON AS IT IS MADE AVAILABLE. THIS MEANS SMALLER UPDATES CAN BE SENT OUT MORE FREQUENTLY, SUCH AS ADDING A SINGLE FUNCTION, FIXING A BUG OR ADDING COMPATIBILITY FOR A SINGLE CARRIER. THE SMALLER UPDATES WILL BE COMPILED AND RELEASED TO THE XDA COMMUNITY AS A FULL (PUBLIC) DOWNLOAD VERSION SO PROFESSIONAL VERSIONS ARE ALWAYS UPDATED SOONER.
    THE PRO VERSION ALSO ADDS THE ABILITY TO CHECK FOR THE LATEST VERSION OF SUPERUSER AND RECOVERY FILES AND DOWNLOAD THEM DIRECTLY TO THE TOOLKIT.
    THE 'QUICK PICKS' SECTION[/B] ALLOWS YOU TO PROGRAM UPTO 10 SLOTS WITH TASKS THAT YOU MAY PERFORM ON A REGULAR BASIS OR JUST WANT TO KEEP A SET OF TASKS IN 1 PLACE. THEN JUST SELECT THE SLOT AND IT WILL REMEMBER ALL YOUR SETTINGS FOR THAT TASK AND RUN IT.
    PRO USERS CAN ALSO SELECT THE "ANY BUILD" OPTION IN THE BUILD SELECTION SCREEN TO ROOT ANY BUILD (USEFUL IF YOUR BUILD IS NOT LISTED).

AUTO REPLY LINKS FOR PAYPAL TO GET A CODE INSTANTLY CAN BE FOUND AT http://goo.gl/nyGqv

PLEASE READ THE *HELP* PAGE AT http://www.skipsoft.net/?page_id=1269 OR USE THE INFORMATION SECTION WITHIN THE TOOLKIT IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS. I HAVE TAKEN A LOT OF TIME TO WRITE IT AND SOMETHING ON THERE SHOULD ANSWER 99% OF PROBLEMS.

1. INSTALLING ADB/FASTBOOT DRIVERS

The first thing you need to do is to install the adb/fastboot drivers. These are needed so that you can unlock your bootloader, root your device and perform other adb/fastboot functions.

THE DRIVERS CAN BE INSTALLED DIRECTLY VIA THE TOOLKIT. OPTION 1 IN THE MAIN MENU.

If drivers are not installed or there is an exclamation mark next to the device:
    Plug the device in to a usb cable directly connected to your motherboard.
    In the Device Manager a new item, usually called Android 1.0 should pop up in the list.
    Right click on the device item then left click on Update Driver Software. Select 'browse my computer' and then 'Let me pick from a list'.
    If no adb interface driver appears in the list then untick 'Show compatible hardware' and find the Android or Samsung adb interface driver.
    If you cannot find either of these click Have Disk, browse to the Toolkit install folder, drivers folder, click on android_winusb.inf and click Open.
    Click OK and select Google ADB Interface.

Make sure you have USB debugging enabled in settings, developer options. In Android 4.2.2 or later you have to enable the developer options screen by going to settings, About on your device and click on Build number at the bottom 7 times until it says You are now a developer. If you have already enabled usb debugging then unplug/replug the usb cable.

On Android 4.2.2 or later when you replug the usb cable after enabling usb debugging for the first time you will get a popup asking you to authenticate your pc. Tick 'Always allow' then click 'ok'.

2. USING SKIPSOFT UNIFIED ANDROID TOOLKIT

When starting the Toolkit you will first be asked which device you want to work with. Working folders will be created and the device files downloaded. You will then be taken to the Model/Build selection screen where you can do a number of things (other than select your model/build): Type '00' to enter your activation code and enable pro features, 'i' will take you to the Information and Help Section, 'a' will give you information on how to add support for a new build.

Supported builds are listed in the Model/Build selection screen and typing the associated number (i.e. 11) will download needed boot and recovery files (stock and custom recovery) then check for and download the latest superuser files available and custom recovery (pro versions only), verify all the files and start the Main Menu. You can now use all the functions and tools the Android Toolkit offers. Pro users can select the "any build" option to root any build (useful if your build is not listed).

USEFUL INFORMATION

How to get into Recovery Mode
    1. Unplug the USB cable.
    2. Shut down the phone.
    3. Hold down the 'HOME' + 'VOLUME UP' buttons and press the 'POWER' button for about 5 seconds to enter Recovery Mode.

How to get into Download Mode (For Odin)
    1. Unplug the USB cable.
    2. Shut down the phone.
    3. Hold down the 'HOME' + 'VOLUME DOWN' buttons and press the 'POWER' button for about 2 seconds until a WARNING! Screen appears. Press the 'VOLUME UP' button to enter Download Mode.

*DISCLAIMER*

I take no responsibility for any fault or damage caused by any procedures within this guide. No warranties of any kind are given.
    **FAQ**

Q. Help me I can't find my build in the Model Selection Screen

The Toolkit includes a selection of Insecure Boot Images to cover all the different builds available. As there are very many different builds it is impossible to include an image for every single build but some builds share the same Boot Image. If you have a build that isnt listed on the Model Selection Screen you can therefore use a similar build. The best way to go is up to the next available build as it should offer more compatibility with the build you are using but if that isn't available then try the next build below your one as it should still be almost identical as long as it is the same version (ie. 4.1.1).

The Model Selection Screen is there so that if a task in the ToolKit requires an insecure kernel [to perform adb root commands] and your phone doesnt already include one, a compatible boot image [with an insecure kernel included] can be flashed to provide adb root access.

If you have a Custom Rom flashed to your phone then it will most probably have an insecure kernel included so it doesn't really matter if your build is not listed on the Model Selection Screen and when asked [by certain functions] if you have an insecure kernel on your phone you can answer 'yes'. However if the function fails then your kernel may not be insecure in which case you can flash one from the ToolKit. If you need to do this make sure the right build [or closest available build] is set so you flash the right image for your phone.

Q. What is ADB Shell?

Adb shell is a linux command line tool (because android is based on linux) used to send commands to your android device. For S-ON devices, this is crucial for modifying files in the /system partition (where the rom sits) as you cannot modify anything in /system when the rom is running without S-OFF like removing system apps.

Q. Why do I need to back up my IMEI/EFS and how do I do it?

There well protected section of your device that is virtually immune to any kind of flashing and manipulation (unless of course you know how to access it). This part of the device contains information such as IMEI (or MEID and ESN in the case of CDMA devices), programming parameters for the device such as your account information (phone number, etc), data provisioning parameters, and a whole bunch of other things that, when not handled properly, can render a device completely useless. All of these are contained in the infamous \EFS folder. If anything messes with your EFS folder, unlike flashing a device (which could potentially lead to bricks as well) it could render your device completely useless as it will no longer be recognized by your carrier. If you are not planning on flashing anything to your device and want to stay on pure Stock then you may never have any problems but it is still advisable to backup this information just in case (better to be safe than sorry). If you have a GT-I9300 GSM Model then you can do this from the Toolkit but if you have an LTE device then it isn't soo easy to do. If you have an LTE device you should go to *THIS* thread by lyriquidperfection and follow the information to save your IMEI/NV Data so that you are covered if anything should happen.

Q. Is there currently no way to root the Samsung Galaxy S3 without voiding the warranty?

All methods of rooting will void your warranty in some way as you will have superuser files on your phone that arent supposed to be there. There is a method of rooting your phone without increasing the flash counter which involves flashing a complete rom with root files already added but if anything happens and you need to send it back under warranty you will need to flash a 'proper' Stock Rom back before returning it or your warranty will be void. Flashing a custom kernel or recovery to root will increase the flash counter and also void any warranty. There is currently no method of resetting the flash counter on Snapdragon models but im pretty sure there will be some support for it soon. If you dont want to risk it or you aren't sure then you shouldnt really be flashing your phone and should just leave it alone. Its your choice .

Q. Will flashing Stock ROM via odin using the toolkit replace everything that was flashed before? recovery? etc?

Yes a Stock Image flashed via Odin will replace all your key partitions (boot, recovery, system) with the stock firmware. If you want to reset the phone back to an 'out of the box' state then you want to enter recovery and do a wipe first which will reformat your userdata partition.

Q. I flashed Custom Recovery but each time I reboot the Stock Recovery is back

There is an auto recovery restore system on certain Stock Android Builds that will reflash the Stock Recovery if you flash CWM on a Stock Rom.

Use Root Explorer to Mount the system folder as R/W (or use a free app from Google Play such as ES File Explorer). Rename the files /system/recovery-from-boot.p and /system/etc/install-recovery.sh (requires root). Now when you flash Custom Recovery it will NOT be overwritten after a reboot. You can also do this via the Toolkit.

Q. My AntiVirus program says the Toolkit files may be harmful

The exe compiled files are not digitally signed with a Microsoft certificate (as they cost money) so certain AntiVirus programs (mainly Norton and AVG Free) may pick it up as potentially harmful when it is not. They will pick up ANY file that doesn't contain a purchased Microsoft certificate in the same way. Just Restore the deleted file and exclude it from further scans and it will be fine. Or switch to a better AntiVirus program such as BitDefender.

Q. I flashed the Toolkit Boot Image, now my wifi + bluetooth won't work

The boot images are made from Stock with only needed changes made to the insecure boot images [modified adbd, default.prop and rc.local edited] and will work on all stock roms. If you flash them to a custom rom and the rom has been altered or uses a custom boot image then it will boot but certain modules may not load such as wifi or bluetooth. In this case you can use the boot image to root or perform adb root functions but will need to flash back the boot image for the custom rom to get other functions working again. This is not a fault of the Toolkit but a difference to stock in the custom rom.

Q. I am having trouble getting adb working with the drivers installed

Try switching your connection type from media (MTP) mode to camera mode (P2P). To do this open the notification area, click where it says connected as and change from MTP to PTP.

Q. I want to send my device back for warranty purposes

1. Follow the instructions to reset your flash counter with TriangleAway.
    2. Download and flash a Stock Firmware image from the download section.
    3. Boot into Stock Recovery and perform a wipe/factory reset
    Your internal storage will be formatted and data and cache wiped. Your device should now be back to an out-of-the-box FULLY STOCK state with the flash counter [shown if you boot to download mode manually] reset and ready to send back.

Q. When connecting the phone I get 'USB Device not Recognized' and no serial number shows in the ToolKit

I actually had this problem recently and what fixed it for me was to make sure that the drivers have been installed, then shut my phone down plug the usb cable in and restart it. The phone booted up and the device was recognized and drivers installed correctly. May not work for everyone but worth trying.
    *reserved if needed*
    RELEASE OF THE NEW UNIFIED S3 TOOLKIT V7.0.0 [10TH JAN 2013]

ChangeLog:
    ToolKit v7.0 (10th January 2013)
    +International and Snapdragon Toolkits have been unified into a single Galaxy S3 Toolkit
    +Rewritten how the Toolkit works to keep all tasks common to other Toolkits in a seperate executable
    +After model is selected the Toolkit will now download ONLY the files needed to cut down on install size
    +Seperated all supported devices by model number
    +Added support for new S3 variants
    +Added support for latest builds on all models
    +Updated all cwm and twrp recoverys to the latest version and given each model its matching recovery
    +Updated SuperSU files by Chainfire to 0.99
    +Added new root methods
    +Added flash zip file by sideload function in recovery
    +Fixed many functions and made other functions more accessible and easier to understand
    +Added Instant Reply donation link to get codes out to people much quicker without waiting for a manual response
    +Previous Snapdragon and International Toolkit codes will still work with the new unified version
    +Soo many more changes to integration and operation I cant list them all

I have been working on this for over 3 weeks and its finally completed :)

This new unified S3 Toolkit brings together the International and Snapdragon models under a single Toolkit to make updating and maintenance a lot easier. This new version also is the first of my Toolkits to download the model files as needed to make the intial download smaller and avoid accidentally selecting the wrong models image which could lead to trouble. Please read the 1ST POST again as I have changed some information in it. The Toolkit also has an Information section built in so use it as there is allot of useful stuff in there.

One thing I would like to mention is that all the boot images are pure stock with just the rooting process applied to the insecure images. As some Custom Roms are built with their own kernels you may find that if you have a Custom Rom and flash the Toolkits boot image your device boots fine and will have adb root access but wifi and bluetooth don't work. There is nothing I can do about this because of the change to some Custom Roms but it is very easy to just flash the boot image that is linked to the Rom you are using after you have done what you need to. Everything 'should' work perfectly on Stock Roms.

I have had to make some of the boot image blind as no testers came forward to test. If any of the image do not work to boot your device please do not start screaming and shouting, let me know and I will do my best to fix it as soon as possible. In any case (apart from in custom roms as stated above) the stock boot image will always get your device working again. Because the model specific files are downloaded by the Toolkit, if you need to redownload the boot files because they either didnt download/extract properly or because they had to be fixed then all you have to do is to delete your model folder from the root folder in the Toolkit, restart the Toolkit and select your Model/build and it will force the Toolkit to download the model file again.

Download links in the 1st post.

Enjoy.

Mark.
    FULL UPDATE FOR S3 TOOLKIT [SNAPDRAGON EDITION] TO V2.3.0

ChangeLog
    ToolKit V2.3.0 (27th July 2012)
    +Added full support for US Cellular SCH-R530 Variant
    +Added walkthrough to Reset Flash Counter
    +Added SC-06D Stock Rom to downloads section
    +Added Stock Boot and Recovery files for SC-06D
    +Fixed push routine crashing when full filename is typed in
    +Option at startup to check for update or bypass the check and go straight to Model Selection Screen
    +Various edits to routines
    Note: Japan SC-06D needs more testing before being added to the ToolKit. Hopefully it will be added in the next few days

I would like to welcome US CELLULAR users to the S3 ToolKit family :)

Links and more info in the first post.

Enjoy.

Mark.