Thread Closed Email Thread
2nd July 2012, 02:22 AM |#11  
Flag Tallahassee, Florida, United States
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latoc

Sorry, but I'm currently running this: SDs_Acer_AV043_A700_RV07RC06_EMEA_FR.zip

It is a french leak, but you can get it from the rom thread so I'm not going to be able to help you much on this.

By the way, did you root before pushing this recovery or did you just unlock the bootloader ?

Mine was both rooted and s-off... I am hoping the ROM development for the ACER takes off now that it is rooted and a recovery is working. Bought this over waiting for the Infinity to drop later this month (July)... hope it wasn't a mistake I will regret!

Thanks for the response.

Cheers!
2nd July 2012, 04:44 AM |#12  
Flag Redwood Valley, Northwestern California (Previous-Pocatello, Idaho(90-97)/Southern California(71-90)
Thanks Meter: 609

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroNull

CWM Recovery v5.5.0.4 for A70x

Original article is published on this site and created by ZeroNull and steaven_zw (4pda.ru).

How to:
1. Boot your device.
2. On a tablet: "Settings" -> "Applications" -> "Development" -> "USB debugging" switch on. Connect the tablet to your PC. Be sure to install the latest driver for the tablet.
3. Download the archive and extract it to any convenient location on your computer.
4. Unlock your bootloader for fastboot, follow here. Then reboot a tablet.
5. Open the directory with the unpacked archive. Execute file:
for windows with the rights of administrator:

Code:
flash-cwm.bat
Recovery is installed.

Reboot again with Volume- and see whether you can still access recovery (or use the following command):
Code:
adb reboot recovery

Awesome, thanks ZeroNull!

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

I have one question, is the stock Recovery out there somewhere? I am just curious, in case I had to flash the original one back.
2nd July 2012, 07:11 AM |#13  
Flag Cologne
Thanks Meter: 6

More
ZeroNull, you're the ****. Awesome work, again. Tanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by californiarailroader

I have one question, is the stock Recovery out there somewhere? I am just curious, in case I had to flash the original one back.

You mean "stock rom", right?
If someone would make a nandroidbackup of a stock-Version, then You could recover from that Backup and would be on Stock.
You just need someone to be so kind, but i guess that ont take too long.

Gesendet von meinem A700 mit Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to doanb555 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift doanb555 Ad-Free
2nd July 2012, 07:12 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
After backup using the cwm and reboot then reboot again to recovery it will boot the original acer recovery!
Is this temporary cwm recovery?
After connecting the charger when the tablet off it will restore the original recovery
The Following User Says Thank You to moom999 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift moom999 Ad-Free
2nd July 2012, 07:34 AM |#15  
Flag Redwood Valley, Northwestern California (Previous-Pocatello, Idaho(90-97)/Southern California(71-90)
Thanks Meter: 609

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by doanb555

ZeroNull, you're the ****. Awesome work, again. Tanks!

You mean "stock rom", right?
If someone would make a nandroidbackup of a stock-Version, then You could recover from that Backup and would be on Stock.
You just need someone to be so kind, but i guess that ont take too long.

Gesendet von meinem A700 mit Tapatalk 2

You are right, my bad. It's late here, 11:37 PM, my brain is slowly fading in and out lol
2nd July 2012, 07:52 AM |#16  
OP Senior Member
Flag Omsk
Thanks Meter: 383

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moom999

After backup using the cwm and reboot then reboot again to recovery it will boot the original acer recovery!
Is this temporary cwm recovery?

In the original of Acer firmware there is a function restore original (stock) recovery. In my instruction at one stage of the script executes the CWM recovery. This is necessary, that would disable the restoration of the original (stock) recovery. If for some reason the launch has not occurred or the user manually exited from the CWM recovery, then system restore will not be disabled. And after rebooting the system will automatically be restored to the original recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to ZeroNull For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ZeroNull Ad-Free
2nd July 2012, 08:28 AM |#17  

More
When it executes
Disable script /etc/install-recovery.sh
error: device not found
2nd July 2012, 09:28 AM |#18  
Flag Breezand
Thanks Meter: 45

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

When it executes
Disable script /etc/install-recovery.sh

1. Do you have your device connected to your PC?
2. Have you enabled USB debugging from the settings?
3. Have you installed the Acer drivers on your computer?
2nd July 2012, 10:55 AM |#19  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomONeill

1. Do you have your device connected to your PC?
2. Have you enabled USB debugging from the settings?
3. Have you installed the Acer drivers on your computer?

yes
yes
yes
2nd July 2012, 06:20 PM |#20  
OP Senior Member
Flag Omsk
Thanks Meter: 383

More
Version bootloader
Quote:

yes
yes
yes

I think the problem in version bootloader, which is installed on your tablet.
This problem can be solved in two ways:
Option 1. Change to another the firmware version, in which works command bootloader - "fastboot boot recovery.img"
Option 2. After running the installation script CWM recovery, when comes to message:
Quote:

Booting recovery.img

turn off the tablet. And then perform the following steps:
1. Press and hold down the 'Volume -'. Power on the tablet. After starting the CWM recovery - releasing button 'Volume -'.
2. Open the directory with the unpacked archive. Launch from this directory the Windows command prompt. And enter the following commands:
Code:
adb shell "mount -a && cd /system/etc && mv install-recovery.sh install-recovery.old"
adb reboot
Now CWM recovery will not be overwritten with the original recovery.

PS: Google Translate forever.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZeroNull For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ZeroNull Ad-Free
2nd July 2012, 07:23 PM |#21  
Newquay, UK
Thanks Meter: 67

More
Option 2 worked for me, thanks ZeroNull !
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread