FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][STABLE][UNOFFICIAL] Oxygen ROM 2.3.2 (Android 2.3.7)

437 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,270

By popdog123, Retired Recognized Developer on 30th October 2011, 09:34 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd July 2012, 10:52 PM |#1851  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,270

Donate to Me
More
Hello again (after a long while)

I'm sorry for my absence but as i said my studies were kind of overwhelming for a while... Anyway, i return here with bad news.

I will not continue to work on Oxygen for the following reasons:
- I simply don't have the time to do it and it also does not help me at all with what i'm studying (i'm a med student )
- Oxygen 2.3.2 (GB) has reached a state where it is very stable for most of the users. I know there are still small bugs here and there but most of those are app related or simply features of stock AOSP GB that people don't like, but that really is the Google way. I am very proud of what i've done and glad that people enjoy it and use it daily.
- I (personal opinion) believe that GB is the most we can squeeze out of this phone without sacrificing stability or performance. I think ICS is just not going to happen on this phone like GB is. There are a few ICS roms out there for our phone but none of them are nearly as stable or as fast as GB (not because of the developers of those roms of course, but because of lack of proprietary software that is in use in GB)
- I don't have a powerful enough computer to make fast builds. There is nothing more frustrating than compiling 5-6 hours of code and putting it on the device just to see that it's not working. Horrible...

Thank you all for a great ride. It has been an honour to bring this rom to P500. I will still be here on the forum to answer any questions you may have and to enjoy the work that devs do.
The Following 44 Users Say Thank You to popdog123 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift popdog123 Ad-Free

3rd July 2012, 12:43 AM |#1852  
Thanks Meter: 917

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by popdog123

I'm sorry for my absence but as i said my studies where kind of overwhelming for a while... Anyway, i return here with bad news.

- I simply don't have the time to do it and it also does not help me at all with what i'm studying (i'm a med student )
- Oxygen 2.3.2 (GB) has reached a state where it is very stable for most of the users. I know there are still small bugs here and there but most of those are app related or simply features of stock AOSP GB that people don't like, but that really is the Google way. I am very proud of what i've done and glad that people enjoy it and use it daily.
- I (personal opinion) believe that GB is the most we can squeeze out of this phone without sacrificing stability or performance. I think ICS is just not going to happen on this phone like GB is. There are a few ICS roms out there for our phone but none of them are nearly as stable or as fast as GB (not because of the developers of those roms of course, but because of lack of proprietary software that is in use in GB)
- I don't have a powerful enough computer to make fast builds. There is nothing more frustrating than compiling 5-6 hours of code and putting it on the device just to see that it's not working. Horrible...

Thank you all for a great ride. It has been an honour to bring this rom to P500. I will still be here on the forum to answer any questions you may have and to enjoy the work that devs do.

We all owe you a big THANKS for providing us most stable ROM for our phones, you have done an awesome job!
3rd July 2012, 03:22 AM |#1853  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 243

More
Quote:

I'm sorry for my absence but as i said my studies were kind of overwhelming for a while... Anyway, i return here with bad news.

you have done marvellous work for us

THANK YOU
3rd July 2012, 08:43 AM |#1854  
Thanks Meter: 202

More
Thank You popdog ! This is the most stable rom for lg p500.There are few roms which give more performance(in games especially) but they are not as stable as oxygen.So far i reached about one month with the last version.It's nice because there's one user in theme&apps area which modifies you rom look without any stability cost.So far he created ICS and Optimus 2X themes.I tested ICS and works great.Maybe you could add a link to first post because many users don't know about them...at least i didn't until couple of days ago.Now i can't say that stock look is boring after a while because i can change This depends from users to users.
In the end I would like to thank you again for your work...if you ever get bored,start developing again =))

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Marius Cristian For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Marius Cristian Ad-Free
3rd July 2012, 09:18 AM |#1855  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:

Really thanks for your work and I am really enjoy this ROM. Hope your study will be as good as this ROM!
3rd July 2012, 01:32 PM |#1856  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marius Cristian

Thank You popdog ! This is the most stable rom for lg p500.There are few roms which give more performance(in games especially) but they are not as stable as oxygen.So far i reached about one month with the last version.It's nice because there's one user in theme&apps area which modifies you rom look without any stability cost.So far he created ICS and Optimus 2X themes.I tested ICS and works great.Maybe you could add a link to first post because many users don't know about them...at least i didn't until couple of days ago.Now i can't say that stock look is boring after a while because i can change This depends from users to users.
In the end I would like to thank you again for your work...if you ever get bored,start developing again =))

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk 2

Yes please, do share that link

I think that this rom is the best rom for our phone and i've tried almost every rom there is, and i always come back to this one its light, fast, smooth, without any bloatware and bugs and the battery is absolutely amazing. But the only thing that i'm missing here is a support for different theme, like ics theme or whatever. That's the only missing peace in this rom But none the less this rom is amazing Great work popdog123!!!
4th July 2012, 01:46 PM |#1857  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Thumbs up Hi mate am new to oxygen rom
Quote:
Originally Posted by lupohirp

popdod greatttt workkk!!!!)))))))) you're wonderful man!))

HOW TO APPLY THEMES IN OXYGEN ROM.....

LG P500
THANKS IN ADVANCE
4th July 2012, 01:58 PM |#1858  
Flag Mumbai

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferdinoptimus

HOW TO APPLY THEMES IN OXYGEN ROM.....

LG P500
THANKS IN ADVANCE

oxygen does not contain theme chooser, so you have to flash zips for applying themes

go to themes & apps section and you will find 2 oxygen themes by vikasb32 (optimus2x and ics)

next time use discussion thread for this

sorry for OT
The Following User Says Thank You to soham93 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift soham93 Ad-Free
4th July 2012, 02:00 PM |#1859  
Thanks Meter: 565

Donate to Me
More
^ You cannot apply themes to oxygen directly like in CM7.
Either get a custom launcher and apply its themes or mess around in UOT Kitchen.

& @Popdog
Gr8 work on GB, really dont see any future updates to it, but was expecting a lot for ICS Oxygen.
Do think about giving it a shot when you have some spare time and a PC with better specs..
Thanks for Oxygen..
The Following User Says Thank You to vj_dustin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vj_dustin Ad-Free
4th July 2012, 02:03 PM |#1860  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Wink Thank you guys
WHAT KERNEL ARE YOU USING?

ANY TIPS FOR ME CZ AM NEW TO THIS ROM I LIKE THIS VERY SIMPLE

THANKS IN ADVANCE
ALREADY I CLICKED THANKS FOR BOTH OF YOU
4th July 2012, 02:15 PM |#1861  
Flag Mumbai