[SCRIPTS][Win] A100 Flashing Toolkit v1.1 7-16-12 Discontinued

Search This thread

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
As I wrote the guide I realized the files, scripts, and images are scattered through multiple threads, which makes finding what you need difficult, even from a main thread (the guide for example). This was compounded even more when I was writing the CM9 Install Guide for the CyanogenMod Wiki and listed the commands themselves, it became huge, intimidating, and looks extremely daunting, I can only imagine what a new flasher must think seeing it! And and so I decided perhaps I can fix this, and with that I present to you...

The A100 Flashing Toolkit!

What is it?
A single zip file that, when unzipped, contains EVERYTHING you need, ADB, fastboot, scripts, CWM recovery image, everything you need to take your stock ICS A100 through rooting, unlocking the bootloader, and flashing CWM recovery (twrp coming soon)!

How is it used?
Its a set of 6 PC scripts, 3 for windows users (.bat) and 3 for linux users (.sh). Run in order from the same folder, and you can just click and run, reboot, click and run, reboot, click and run, install custom rom, done!

You MUST already be on ICS! This is not for HC, if you are on HC update to ICS FIRST!

Instructions
Make sure you are on ICS! Read the bold red letters above! You have been warned! You should already have installed the Acer USB drivers for ADB to work.

Ok, now you're on ICS....right?
Download and unzip the file to whatever folder you can remember, for example c:\acer or ~/acer.
Open your file manager of choice and browse on over to where you unzipped the files, and get ready.

Windows
Right click on A100-root-win.bat and select Run as Adminitrator.
Once that is finished, let your tablet reboot.
Once it's rebooted, right click on A100-unlock-win.bat and select Run as Administrator.
Once this finishes, let the tablet reboot again (the script will tell you what's happening)
Once it's rebooted, right click on A100-recovery-win.bat and select Run as Administrator.
Allow it to finish, it'll reboot a couple times.
Half the time it reboots into recovery, other reboots into system, not sure why it happens.
If it boots into recovery, go ahead and make a full backup, might as well.
If it boots into system, reboot into recovery and make a full backup, might as well.
At this point, you can now wipe and install a custom ROM, see the A100 Guide in General for ROMs and instructions on this.

Linux
Execute A100-root-linux.sh and allow it to run.
Once that is finished, allow tablet to reboot.
Exectute A100-unlock-linux.sh and allow it to run.
Let the tablet reboot
Execute A100-recovery-linux.sh and allow it to run.
It'll either reboot into recovery, or system, it does one or the other for some reason.
If rebooted into recovery, make a full backup.
If rebooted into system, reboot into recovery and make a full backup.
Wipe and install a new custom ROM, see the A100 Guide in General for ROMs and instructions on this.

How to boot into recovery
There's a few ways, 1 way is an app like quick boot, you can use adb by typing adb reboot recovery or you can do it manually.

Power off the tablet.
Press and hold the volume - button, closest to power and lock switch.
Holding volume - press and hold Power.
Hold until the screen says Booting recovery kernel then let go.
You should be in recovery, either CWM, TWRP, or stock, whatever you have installed.

As always I am open to suggestions, advice, or reports! Feel free to post up or PM me with any issues, questions, bugs, or ideas!

Download
A100 Flash Toolkit 1.1 7-16-12
Now featuring the correct bootloader!
Thanks to smokku for pointing this out.

Who do we thank for this package?
ZeroNull: Alot of the scripting is based on his work, and borrows his ADB and fastboot executables.
ptesmoke: Uses his CWM recovery.img file
CyanogenMod Iconia Team: For allowing me the chance to write for the Wiki, and realizing this NEEDED to be done.
Anyone else I'm forgetting, I'm sorry I will add you as soon as I remember (feel free to drop me a note!)

Last edited:

Birbey

Dec 20, 2008
a100 flash program

After several hours trying, having trouble with some of the batch files. Appears some file names called in .bat different than actual file names, also had to invoke adb from Command prompt window, wouldn't work from windows file manager. Followed instructions but process is breaking down in second batch file. After correcting file names, batch file runs but recovery.img is failing. Need help figuring this out.

Esat

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
After several hours trying, having trouble with some of the batch files. Appears some file names called in .bat different than actual file names, also had to invoke adb from Command prompt window, wouldn't work from windows file manager. Followed instructions but process is breaking down in second batch file. After correcting file names, batch file runs but recovery.img is failing. Need help figuring this out.

Esat

Oh wow OK I'll take a look I must have mixed everything up. My desktop is littered with files from all these projects. I'm sorry about that I should have double checked everything before I uploaded it. If the called files are different then the scripts it must be the old version mixed with new scripts or something. I should have it squared away sometime tonight/tomorrow morning.

Edit: I'm assuming by saying command prompt you use windows, the a100-root-win.bat file looks fine, was this one giving any issues?
I'm checking the second and third now for whatever is going on.

Tapatalked from my Galaxy S II.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tx Redneck

diegof18

Jul 26, 2010
I'm not able to unlock my a100, when it enters boot loader and I press volume - and + nothing happens, any advice? Thanks a lot.

Sent from my A100 using XDA

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
I'm not able to unlock my a100, when it enters boot loader and I press volume - and + nothing happens, any advice? Thanks a lot.

Sent from my A100 using XDA

You have to be FAST when it gets there, it times out in like half a second it seems.

When you run it, have the tab in your hand, fingers on volume - and volume + (volume - is next to the lock switch). As soon as you see the screen change, hit volume - then volume +. It takes a few tries usually. It'll just sit there until you reboot afterwards.

elander

Oct 23, 2009
Hi, I was wondering, since I just rooted yesterday (got this tab last friday) should I skip the script for rooting and simply run the other two or do I have to run the root script anyways? by the way Im having some real weak reception from this tablet, like 2 bars only and thats when standing about 5 feet from the router, Im willing to follow this procedure in order to try one of the custom roms to see if the wifi weak signal goes away (Ive tried most of the things there are to attemp to fix this, including messing around with my router) do you know if any one has successfully fixed this with a custom rom? if so which one? thanks in advance and sorry for (kinda) hiijacking the thread.

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
Hi, I was wondering, since I just rooted yesterday (got this tab last friday) should I skip the script for rooting and simply run the other two or do I have to run the root script anyways? by the way Im having some real weak reception from this tablet, like 2 bars only and thats when standing about 5 feet from the router, Im willing to follow this procedure in order to try one of the custom roms to see if the wifi weak signal goes away (Ive tried most of the things there are to attemp to fix this, including messing around with my router) do you know if any one has successfully fixed this with a custom rom? if so which one? thanks in advance and sorry for (kinda) hiijacking the thread.

Congrats on the purchase and welcome! You can skip over rooting if you already have rooted ICS. Not HC.

The weak wifi is pretty common, mine is weaker then any other devices I have, usually by a bar or 2. Custom roms won't fix it, I think they just have the power turned down on it. Its also possible there is a bad connection to the antenna internally. If you're very unhappy stop Modding now and return to stock and exchange for another unit or brand.

Any other questions feel free to ask.

Reactions: elander

elander

Oct 23, 2009
thanks for the info.

Congrats on the purchase and welcome! You can skip over rooting if you already have rooted ICS. Not HC.

The weak wifi is pretty common, mine is weaker then any other devices I have, usually by a bar or 2. Custom roms won't fix it, I think they just have the power turned down on it. Its also possible there is a bad connection to the antenna internally. If you're very unhappy stop Modding now and return to stock and exchange for another unit or brand.

Any other questions feel free to ask.

thanks for your fast reply, I was contemplating the idea of flashing some custom rom as a last resort before either opening up the tab's case to check for myself that everything was "wired right" as Im not too happy with the idea of sending this off to acer's as I live in the Dominican Republic and I'd hate to pay the overpriced shipping fee if it is something that I can fix by myself, but on the other hand I might as well break something new instead of fixing the wifi anthena, so I guess I'll have to claim the warranty and hope the wont send me another faulty unit (I've read somewhere some people had issues with the replacement units). Such a great little device cursed with bad QA. anyways, if I hard reset the tab it'll be back to stock right? (as of now the tab is running stock os with root access and the modified wpa_wifi apliance to gain access to adhoc networks) Thanks :)

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
thanks for your fast reply, I was contemplating the idea of flashing some custom rom as a last resort before either opening up the tab's case to check for myself that everything was "wired right" as Im not too happy with the idea of sending this off to acer's as I live in the Dominican Republic and I'd hate to pay the overpriced shipping fee if it is something that I can fix by myself, but on the other hand I might as well break something new instead of fixing the wifi anthena, so I guess I'll have to claim the warranty and hope the wont send me another faulty unit (I've read somewhere some people had issues with the replacement units). Such a great little device cursed with bad QA. anyways, if I hard reset the tab it'll be back to stock right? (as of now the tab is running stock os with root access and the modified wpa_wifi apliance to gain access to adhoc networks) Thanks :)

I'm not sure, but I don't think resetting these puts them back to 100% if rooted, the root stays since it sits in /system. You'll have to manually remove SU then reset to get rid of the root, I think. Other option is restore through the update.zip method which should wipe /system. You could try a hard reset and see if it removes SU or not, it might.

Reactions: elander

NeO_CooL

Feb 2, 2008
Does the unlock script only works with the pre-release of ICS?

I cant get to the unlock mode... allways saying "xxxx .11 ics fast boot xxxxxxx"

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
Does the unlock script only works with the pre-release of ICS?

I cant get to the unlock mode... allways saying "xxxx .11 ics fast boot xxxxxxx"

Not quite clear on what you're asking, but as far as I know it should work on any version bootloader unless they changed it on some update, which wouldn't surprise me.

What is the whole message, and when is it occuring?

NeO_CooL

Feb 2, 2008
I have the latest ICS version availble thru OTA.

Or i´m not being fast enough?
Already tried a million times the Volume - and Volume +.

Guetting this message:
"Bootloader V0.03.11-ICS Starting fastboot usb download protocol"

Should get the unlocked mode right?

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
I have the latest ICS version availble thru OTA.

Or i´m not being fast enough?
Already tried a million times the Volume - and Volume +.

Guetting this message:
"Bootloader V0.03.11-ICS Starting fastboot usb download protocol"

Should get the unlocked mode right?

Ok if you don't get the new screen with two icons, then it isn't unlocking yet. It seems the script is hanging before passing the next step.

When it gets to that screen again, type
fastboot oem unlock
as soon as you hit enter, get ready for that volume down then up, so maybe have it in your lap with your fingers on the volume rocker.

I'll look at the script again to see why it's hanging, or if it isn't hanging, why it's shooting past that point without waiting.

Reactions: NeO_CooL

smokku

Jan 15, 2009
Warsaw
abadcafe.pl
Ok if you don't get the new screen with two icons, then it isn't unlocking yet. It seems the script is hanging before passing the next step.

fastboot oem unlock
as soon as you hit enter, get ready for that volume down then up, so maybe have it in your lap with your fingers on the volume rocker.

I'll look at the script again to see why it's hanging, or if it isn't hanging, why it's shooting past that point without waiting.

The issue is that you included the A100 bootloader in the archive with a script to write it.
A100 bootloader (version 0.03.11-ICS) is not unlockable.

You need to write A200 bootloader (version 0.03.06-ICS) to your device, to have the unlocking option.
You know you have unlockable bootloader when you see green ACER logo in the bottom-right side of the screen instead white one in the center.

The script and blob you included is used to restore the original A100 (not unlockable) bootloader.

For the ones looking for the unlockable bootloader, it's here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1557445

Last edited:

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
The issue is that you included the A100 bootloader in the archive with a script to write it.

You need to write A200 bootloader (version 0.03.06-ICS) to your device, to have the unlocking option.
You know you have unlockable bootloader when you see green ACER logo in the bottom-right side of the screen instead white one in the center.

The script and blob you included is used to restore the original A100 not unlockable bootloader.

For the ones looking for the unlockable bootloader, it's here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1557445

It's just labeled a100, it isn't the actual a100 blob. But go ahead and use that link until I get the chance to go back through it, I'm obviously messing it all up somewhere, I may have used the a100 blob and gotten it mixed up with the a200 blob when I was renaming and shifting things around. I'll pull the download for now until I get the chance to get it all sorted out, sorry guys.

Edit OK its back up with the proper boot loader for unlocking. I can't believe I did that. Huge thanks to smokku for pointing that out!

Last edited:

Romman0

May 7, 2012
No worries. :)

And yeah, you have to be quick when it asks to toggle unlock, like half a second quick.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As I wrote the guide I realized the files, scripts, and images are scattered through multiple threads, which makes finding what you need difficult, even from a main thread (the guide for example). This was compounded even more when I was writing the CM9 Install Guide for the CyanogenMod Wiki and listed the commands themselves, it became huge, intimidating, and looks extremely daunting, I can only imagine what a new flasher must think seeing it! And and so I decided perhaps I can fix this, and with that I present to you...

The A100 Flashing Toolkit!

What is it?
    A single zip file that, when unzipped, contains EVERYTHING you need, ADB, fastboot, scripts, CWM recovery image, everything you need to take your stock ICS A100 through rooting, unlocking the bootloader, and flashing CWM recovery (twrp coming soon)!

How is it used?
    Its a set of 6 PC scripts, 3 for windows users (.bat) and 3 for linux users (.sh). Run in order from the same folder, and you can just click and run, reboot, click and run, reboot, click and run, install custom rom, done!

You MUST already be on ICS! This is not for HC, if you are on HC update to ICS FIRST!

Instructions
    Make sure you are on ICS! Read the bold red letters above! You have been warned! You should already have installed the Acer USB drivers for ADB to work.

Ok, now you're on ICS....right?
    Download and unzip the file to whatever folder you can remember, for example c:\acer or ~/acer.
    Open your file manager of choice and browse on over to where you unzipped the files, and get ready.

Windows
    Right click on A100-root-win.bat and select Run as Adminitrator.
    Once that is finished, let your tablet reboot.
    Once it's rebooted, right click on A100-unlock-win.bat and select Run as Administrator.
    Once this finishes, let the tablet reboot again (the script will tell you what's happening)
    Once it's rebooted, right click on A100-recovery-win.bat and select Run as Administrator.
    Allow it to finish, it'll reboot a couple times.
    Half the time it reboots into recovery, other reboots into system, not sure why it happens.
    If it boots into recovery, go ahead and make a full backup, might as well.
    If it boots into system, reboot into recovery and make a full backup, might as well.
    At this point, you can now wipe and install a custom ROM, see the A100 Guide in General for ROMs and instructions on this.

Linux
    Execute A100-root-linux.sh and allow it to run.
    Once that is finished, allow tablet to reboot.
    Exectute A100-unlock-linux.sh and allow it to run.
    Let the tablet reboot
    Execute A100-recovery-linux.sh and allow it to run.
    It'll either reboot into recovery, or system, it does one or the other for some reason.
    If rebooted into recovery, make a full backup.
    If rebooted into system, reboot into recovery and make a full backup.
    Wipe and install a new custom ROM, see the A100 Guide in General for ROMs and instructions on this.

How to boot into recovery
    There's a few ways, 1 way is an app like quick boot, you can use adb by typing adb reboot recovery or you can do it manually.

Power off the tablet.
    Press and hold the volume - button, closest to power and lock switch.
    Holding volume - press and hold Power.
    Hold until the screen says Booting recovery kernel then let go.
    You should be in recovery, either CWM, TWRP, or stock, whatever you have installed.

As always I am open to suggestions, advice, or reports! Feel free to post up or PM me with any issues, questions, bugs, or ideas!

Download
    A100 Flash Toolkit 1.1 7-16-12
    Now featuring the correct bootloader!
    Thanks to smokku for pointing this out.

Who do we thank for this package?
    ZeroNull: Alot of the scripting is based on his work, and borrows his ADB and fastboot executables.
    ptesmoke: Uses his CWM recovery.img file
    CyanogenMod Iconia Team: For allowing me the chance to write for the Wiki, and realizing this NEEDED to be done.
    Anyone else I'm forgetting, I'm sorry I will add you as soon as I remember (feel free to drop me a note!)
    ROM manager is a waste of time on these, but you can link it up if you choose. Although the recovery should be CWM I'll have to check it again, I probably messed up somewhere in there again.

In the mean time there's a release of cwm and twrp in the dev section that should install just fine, uses scripts as well and work better then mine do I assure you.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using xda app-developers app

Ok after a little bit of searching, I got it all figured out. It was reinstalling the stock recovery since I didnt have the install-recovery.sh file deleted from system/etc. So as soon as I installed root explorer, deleted the file, and then followed the simple instructions to flash it, it all worked. I have root access, unlocked bootloader, CWM, and now I can use CWM to flash Google Now onto my mom's A100! Super excited. I'll report back later on to confirm whether or not it worked, I'll have to make a backup first.

fastboot oem unlock

The script and blob you included is used to restore the original A100 (not unlockable) bootloader.

Esat

Oh wow OK I'll take a look I must have mixed everything up. My desktop is littered with files from all these projects. I'm sorry about that I should have double checked everything before I uploaded it. If the called files are different then the scripts it must be the old version mixed with new scripts or something. I should have it squared away sometime tonight/tomorrow morning.

Edit: I'm assuming by saying command prompt you use windows, the a100-root-win.bat file looks fine, was this one giving any issues?
    I'm checking the second and third now for whatever is going on.

Thanks for your auto unlock script, it worked like a charm.

Tx