2,560 posts
Thanks Meter: 476

By jug6ernaut, Inactive Recognized Developer on 18th July 2011, 04:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th February 2012, 04:43 PM |#181  
Flag Odessa
Thanks Meter: 154

More
Do we need this fix for 2.3.6 AT&T ROM? I just upgraded, but cannot say yet does battery meter jump or not.
How's your?

upd: yep, it jumps
18th May 2012, 04:49 PM |#182  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
can we use this if we have omracer instead of regular cwm?
or does romracer already have it?

or is a totally sepaate apk?

im also on 2.3.6

my battery stops charging at 90% when turned off, but when on i sometimes get 95% (no 100% anymore either way)

Atrix 4g ATT 2.3.6 nottachtrix, under Mexico Telcel CARRIER
18th May 2012, 06:16 PM |#183  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arana1

can we use this if we have omracer instead of regular cwm?
or does romracer already have it?

or is a totally sepaate apk?

im also on 2.3.6

my battery stops charging at 90% when turned off, but when on i sometimes get 95% (no 100% anymore either way)

Atrix 4g ATT 2.3.6 nottachtrix, under Mexico Telcel CARRIER

im having the same issues on Nottachtrix rom
18th May 2012, 06:21 PM |#184  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 1,141

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mscott998

im having the same issues on Nottachtrix rom

Just pull out the battery when its charging.. wait for a question mark out battery back in and it will say zero and then let it charge and the wipe battery stats in cwm.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
4th July 2012, 06:13 PM |#185  
Flag Siglufjörður, Norðurland eystra, Iceland
Thanks Meter: 3,609

More
Will running this .zip work on Atrix 2 MB865?
4th July 2012, 07:02 PM |#186  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 1,141

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex_Strider

Will running this .zip work on Atrix 2 MB865?

It's easier to charge 100% and wipe stats. Less risk of flashing something that's not for your phone.

4th July 2012, 07:16 PM |#187  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by unforgivenmercy

It's easier to charge 100% and wipe stats. Less risk of flashing something that's not for your phone.

What exactly does the .zip file accomplish? Note: I'm NOT trying to discount your work and efforts here, but I am also not opposed to test flashing on my device (I have a back up in case of soft bricking) and I am aware I may have to FXZ back to stock and so forth... I just want to find out what this .zip file does in symphony with the battery wipe option in CWM Recovery or in other apps.
4th July 2012, 07:24 PM |#188  
Thanks Meter: 1,242

More
Quote:

What exactly does the .zip file accomplish? Note: I'm NOT trying to discount your work and efforts here, but I am also not opposed to test flashing on my device (I have a back up in case of soft bricking) and I am aware I may have to FXZ back to stock and so forth... I just want to find out what this .zip file does in symphony with the battery wipe option in CWM Recovery or in other apps.

It updates the battery daeom which would imply that if a dev is packaging code that is not optimized (and needs this fix applied) that there would be specific comments on that thread to use this. I would not update unless there are very specific references on the thread for the ROM at hand regarding the use AND COMPARABILITY of this specific battery daemon with your ROM.
4th July 2012, 07:34 PM |#189  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwatmyself

It updates the battery daeom which would imply that if a dev is packaging code that is not optimized (and needs this fix applied) that there would be specific comments on that thread to use this. I would not update unless there are very specific references on the thread for the ROM at hand regarding the use AND COMPARABILITY of this specific battery daemon with your ROM.

Thanks for the explanation. Really, the MB865 devs do a really good job, but sometimes there are issues with inaccurate battery reporting, which can be alleviated by wiping battery stats and with a recalibration. Thanks for your replies!
4th July 2012, 07:51 PM |#190  
Thanks Meter: 1,242

More
Quote:

Thanks for the explanation. Really, the MB865 devs do a really good job, but sometimes there are issues with inaccurate battery reporting, which can be alleviated by wiping battery stats and with a recalibration. Thanks for your replies!

Recalibration is best achieved by draining until phone dies and then charging to full. Once full keep charging and power off. Allow phone to charge in the unbooted state. I have had little success with wiping battery stats and I believe that the official word is that those files that gets deleted by the wipe procedure are recreated upon every charge so it is a bit of a fallacy. Of course, if the battery daemon has bad code, you'd be looking at a thread like this for a replacement piece of code to fix the problem.

The Following User Says Thank You to jjwatmyself For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jjwatmyself Ad-Free
22nd July 2012, 04:09 PM |#191  
Flag Tripoli
Thanks Meter: 6

More
thankk uu!!

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)