Any lost or stolen app that also blocks hard reset?

Search This thread

g2uzer

May 4, 2011
I found a few apps that tracks your phone down or even takes pictures of the person trying to unlock it, but like the title says, is there any app that blocks hard reset? It's kind of pointless if your phone gets stolen if they can just shut the phone off and do a hard reset to it and sign in with there email,
Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

johnnyutah22

Jul 17, 2011
Tennessee
I guess in theory you could place an app like Seekdroid in the system folder and then do a hard reset. Usually a hard reset won't affect system apps.

Reactions: g2uzer

dLo GSR

Mar 7, 2011
Los Angeles
I found a few apps that tracks your phone down or even takes pictures of the person trying to unlock it, but like the title says, is there any app that blocks hard reset? It's kind of pointless if your phone gets stolen if they can just shut the phone off and do a hard reset to it and sign in with there email,

you can't really avoid physical maneuvers. and anything baked into the phone's startup has to be a modification to the actual ROM. so no.

g2uzer

May 4, 2011
Use Cerberus that app does everything that ur talking about

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
Thanks
I missed the part were it said that you could set it to were the only way they can un install it is by flashing a different ROM,,but that setting is for rooted phones,I'm completely stock and not sure if I want to root this phone,

tjr2010

Jul 17, 2008
You should root the phone it will change your life. Plus its so easy even a cave man can do it

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

jiggytom

Jun 18, 2007
Check out Android Lost, it does alot of those things as well. Relies on push messaging too, so its very light. You can take a picture on demand, turn on GPS and get location, download texts/emails, etc.

g2uzer

May 4, 2011
You should root the phone it will change your life. Plus its so easy even a cave man can do it

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Yea, I've rooted all my previous phones and yea I've like them a lot more, but for some reason I'm not sure to root this particular one lol

g2uzer

May 4, 2011
Check out Android Lost, it does alot of those things as well. Relies on push messaging too, so its very light. You can take a picture on demand, turn on GPS and get location, download texts/emails, etc.

I'll give that a try

g2uzer

May 4, 2011
It'd be nice if we could put a password lock on the recovery. Wonder why 4ext hasn't done that yet.

Yea it would, also it would be tight if Samsung had in app like that already installed, that way even with a master reset you'll still be able to find your $700 + phone lol, I haven't lost one yet (knock on wood) but still very nervous of loosing it, ill give android lost a try,

stonew5082

Mar 20, 2009
Atlantis
Yea it would, also it would be tight if Samsung had in app like that already installed, that way even with a master reset you'll still be able to find your $700 + phone lol, I haven't lost one yet (knock on wood) but still very nervous of loosing it, ill give android lost a try,

After I got my phone I left the box on the train with all the accessories lol. It can happen!

g2uzer

May 4, 2011
I'm trying to use Android Lost,, but I can't get the gps remotely to turn on when it's off,
So maybe Cerberus might be better, I might have to give that one a try,

Last edited:

jiggytom

Jun 18, 2007
This is how I got around the GPS toggle not working:

Since AndroidLost.com allows you to send texts, I have setup a tasker profile which waits for a text that says "androidlost" and if it receives it, it enables GPS.

nismax

Jun 15, 2008
Bowling green
it looks good, although cerberus seems just as good and its already installed. I tested cerberus and its flawless. I guess there's no harm in having both though!

Its not that wise to have 2 of same kind of apps running at same time. Battery and often cause conficts. I have tryied only android lost and is one amazing ap. Newer had cerberus. I cant say much about it.

Signed &

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Use Cerberus that app does everything that ur talking about

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
    I guess in theory you could place an app like Seekdroid in the system folder and then do a hard reset. Usually a hard reset won't affect system apps.

you can't really avoid physical maneuvers. and anything baked into the phone's startup has to be a modification to the actual ROM. so no.
    Android lost is free and its king of this kind of apps. Nothing is even close. Go get it try come back and hit thanks.

Signed &