By hispeedworm, Senior Member on 19th March 2011, 07:25 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th July 2012, 11:31 PM |#61  
New york
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbeezie

As I explained before, if all you did was flash a brand new hboot/radio/recovery , then you wiped what was there, as such /system /cache /data were formatted and you no longer have an operating system installed, so naturally it has nothing to boot up into.

So you would have to boot into recovery and re-flash the rom, or restore from a nandroid backup.

yOUR NOT QUITEEE UNDERSTANDINGME...
i flashed to Desire z hboot on the G2 the wrong hboot..and now when i rtied to reboot the phone it just diodint turn back on...so even if its not bricked its not turning on or going into recover/bootloader or even htc logo for that matter.....
i have a nand backup but i cant turn it on and into recovery to restore it the problem is i cant turn it on no matter what
7th July 2012, 12:00 AM |#62  
Flag Grand Rapids, Mi
Thanks Meter: 385

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry://

yOUR NOT QUITEEE UNDERSTANDINGME...
i flashed to Desire z hboot on the G2 the wrong hboot..and now when i rtied to reboot the phone it just diodint turn back on...so even if its not bricked its not turning on or going into recover/bootloader or even htc logo for that matter.....
i have a nand backup but i cant turn it on and into recovery to restore it the problem is i cant turn it on no matter what

If you can't get into recovery, can't get into the boot loader, etc then yes very good possibility you bricked it, though not sure which DesireZ hboot you grabbed as I flashed a DZ hboot on mine just fine. Just another example of double and triple checking information before you do anything with the phones.
7th July 2012, 12:17 AM |#63  
New york

More
I flashed this mistakenly and everthing went well but when i tried to reboot into bootloader it turned off and just refused to reboot....
Attached Files
File Type: zip Stock-hboot.zip - [Click for QR Code] (219.4 KB, 15 views)
7th July 2012, 12:25 AM |#64  
Flag Grand Rapids, Mi
Thanks Meter: 385

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry://

I flashed this mistakenly and everthing went well but when i tried to reboot into bootloader it turned off and just refused to reboot....

That file name doesn't say what version it is, or where it came from. For example the only two hboot files I would flash would be either the G2 or DZ from this wiki : http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=HTC_Vision (and currently I'm using the DZ one on this G2).

Though by the name of it, it sounds like you were trying to put the phone back into the original stock/locked state and flashed whatever the original desire-z hboot would be onto your G2. The problem is the Desire-z had more regions/firmwares/carriers than the G2 and flashing one without verifying first would most likely brick your phone, which is what I think you have done.

Personally once I've rooted/unlocked a phone I don't even try to bother putting it back into stock state for this very reason.

PS: I unzipped it to show the version : hboot_7230_Vision_HEP_0.85.0005_101011.nb0

I am not sure what region HEP is, and I haven't seen an 0.85.0005 before.
The Following User Says Thank You to kbeezie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kbeezie Ad-Free
7th July 2012, 12:44 AM |#65  
New york

More
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbeezie

That file name doesn't say what version it is, or where it came from. For example the only two hboot files I would flash would be either the G2 or DZ from this wiki : http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=HTC_Vision (and currently I'm using the DZ one on this G2).

Though by the name of it, it sounds like you were trying to put the phone back into the original stock/locked state and flashed whatever the original desire-z hboot would be onto your G2. The problem is the Desire-z had more regions/firmwares/carriers than the G2 and flashing one without verifying first would most likely brick your phone, which is what I think you have done.

Personally once I've rooted/unlocked a phone I don't even try to bother putting it back into stock state for this very reason.

PS: I unzipped it to show the version : hboot_7230_Vision_HEP_0.85.0005_101011.nb0

I am not sure what region HEP is, and I haven't seen an 0.85.0005 before.

So that confirms its a brick...any other options on how to get it back to life or ist that it ...because the battery indiator does comeon but its not turning on........
15th November 2015, 03:51 AM |#66  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 77

More
anyone still using this .... Proceed at your own risk....... this post is too old and i havent maintained it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
desire z, eng hboot, hboot, restore, stock

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)