What is stopping you from using CM9/AOKP as a daily?

Search This thread

Seegy24

Jun 10, 2011
Dubuque
use it as daily

I use it as my daily the only thing I don't like it text message slide shows don't work I have to save them and go look at them in the downloads area and it seems that not all picture messages work they just get stuck at downloading sometimes and will never download probably about 25%of them otherwise anything else I do daily is the same or better!

Seegy24

Jun 10, 2011
Dubuque

Attachments

• 20120420-200602.jpg
    20120420-200602.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 250

iamterence

Feb 10, 2010
Baltimore, Maryland
What's keeping me from trying out ANY of the newer ROMs, is my Serinicity V ROM. With the whole WP7 theme going on, the battery life is just too godlike. I really wanna try out AOKP as I've heard that battery life for not only that, but all ICS ROMs, has been improving. But man.... it'd just feel like I'd be cheating on myself if I switched ROMs, lol.

All in all, that's really only whats keeping me from switching to anything else. Battery life.

oxsolid

Jun 17, 2009
I tried and liked it, but it would randomly miss callls (as in not ring) i'd get a voicemail notification if I was lucky enough to have the plp leave a message.(that's how I even knew there was an issue... that plus someone else mentioned they had the same issue in this thread)

I did a test, called my cell from my work desk 10 times or so and it missed one of the calls, some of the other calls were delyaed in ringing.

Later on, I retried the test, and had it miss (not ring) all 10 of the calls.

Now on TPR2.21 with crispycleanv2

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

EDIT: spelling

Last edited:

DroidModder

Jun 14, 2012
In A Box
I'm using AOKP Build40 on my Epic 4G and really the only thing that makes me want to uninstall it is the crappy battery life. I plug my phone in at night and plug it out when I wake up and on the full charge, the phone lasts about 2 to 3 hours.

Droid Syndicate

Leader/Founder

joshuadub

May 21, 2012
I'm using AOKP Build40 on my Epic 4G and really the only thing that makes me want to uninstall it is the crappy battery life. I plug my phone in at night and plug it out when I wake up and on the full charge, the phone lasts about 2 to 3 hours.

Droid Syndicate

Leader/Founder

I had same issue with cm9 and aokp so I went with peoples rom, so far so good!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda app-developers app

XxLostSoulxX

May 22, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I had same issue with cm9 and aokp so I went with peoples rom, so far so good!

dude im using AOKP and managed 4Days with 3Hours of Screen on Time.

clearly you guys are doing something wrong or just screen on time hungry haha.

I average about 18 to 24Hours with 3-4Hours of screen on time on an 1800mAh Anker.

When i barely use the phone lill get anywhere from 2-4 days.

And if i try to see how much i can push usually about 7-10 Hours with 5 Hours of Screen on time.

joshuadub

May 21, 2012

I average about 18 to 24Hours with 3-4Hours of screen on time on an 1800mAh Anker.

And if i try to see how much i can push usually about 7-10 Hours with 5 Hours of Screen on time.

I can get about 14-16 on an 3000mah seidio with heavy use but on oem battery about 4 I prolly need a new battery, I dont use app killers or juice defender though.

zanderman112

Oct 6, 2010
SouthEast USA
www.twitter.com

That's because we actually use our phone. Not picking it up for a 45min total every day....

Don't tote 3hour screen on in 4 days, I could get that in one day of heavy usage on CleanGB, with room to spare.

Posted by Mr. Z's Galaxy S3.

XxLostSoulxX

May 22, 2010
Charlotte, NC
That's because we actually use our phone. Not picking it up for a 45min total every day....

Don't tote 3hour screen on in 4 days, I could get that in one day of heavy usage on CleanGB, with room to spare.

Posted by Mr. Z's Galaxy S3.

No i do use my phone. i said i can manage 5 hours of screen on time in one day with about 7 to 10 hours on the battery itself.

but when i moderately use my phone it will last long depending on how truly i moderately use it when i got the 4 days that's because i barely used it yes.

But like i said on average every day i manage 18 to 24 hours on the battery with about 3 to 4 hours of screen on time.

Regardless of our Epic take a look at this on NS4G.
Not my NS4G but its pretty good i haven't fully tested mine out like that.

Attachments

• 6c1d43ca-a184-a523.jpg
    6c1d43ca-a184-a523.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 147
  • 6c1d43ca-a173-4309.jpg
    6c1d43ca-a173-4309.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 144
  • 6c1d43ca-a15e-be31.jpg
    6c1d43ca-a15e-be31.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 145

jeffreyjicha

Jun 21, 2010
Reno
Once upon a time, I had a Samsung Moment. It bested my Epic's battery life on CM9 by A LOT. I'm talking 24 hour moderate usage. I still use CM9 regardless, but yeah.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please share what is preventing you from using ICS roms. The Cyanogenmod developers for the Epic do not know what to fix unless you tell them. Currently I feel that CM9 is fully working for the Epic and have not run into a bug. It feels more stable than a stock ROM to me.

Please try to reproduce the issue on a clean CM9 (latest version) without a custom kernel and after wiping data before posting.
    Punctuation.

Sent from my SPH-D700 CM9 4.0.4
    I'm new to this so bare with me I recently rooted and am running cm9 beta3 and the reloaded update but right after the reloaded update I'm not able to access mass storage when conected to pc and on phone I get "unfortunately ui has stopped" any suggestions!

Don't use reloaded then. Run cm9 the way the devs built it.

Sent from my SPH-D700 CM9 ANDROID 4.0.4
    Oh and Marcus you owe me a TWNyan.
    Me takes you into the android police for bribing an officer(Mod).
    You have the right to silence your phone, anything you type or code will be used against you in a court of technology, you have the superuser right to have a...... U get the joke tried to do all the miranda rights but its not that funny.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Shoulda said "Anything you type or code will be used in open source.".

Lol.