Anyone using a PS3 controller on their A500?

Search This thread

JdgM3NT4L

Dec 30, 2009
So far that's the best way that I know of. I use it when I play MC3, 9mm or GTA and others. Look for profiles here at XDA or do a nice Google search for sixaxis profiles. You should find plenty.

Rogue Leader

Apr 4, 2011
New York
The Sixaxis seems to work without the program. I went in while it was plugged in and set my input device to game controller and enabled it. When I plug in the controller I just press the PS button and it works. Well it works for Dead trigger which supports native controllers.

Its too late already spent the $2 on Sixaxis, but does that app do anything that the native android support doesn't?

JdgM3NT4L

Dec 30, 2009
A lot of games (Gameloft games for an example) do not have controller support built in. So whether you need it or not depends on which games you play. The games with native support built in handle it much better than having to use the app, but on the ones that don't, SixAxis helps.

Rogue Leader

Apr 4, 2011
New York
A lot of games (Gameloft games for an example) do not have controller support built in. So whether you need it or not depends on which games you play. The games with native support built in handle it much better than having to use the app, but on the ones that don't, SixAxis helps.

Ok cool, just wanted to make sure I didn't waste my 2 bucks.

JdgM3NT4L

Dec 30, 2009
Not at all. You will really like it if you get some Gameloft games like Modern Combat 3. It's pretty sweet playing the game on a big tv via hdmi while using a wireless remote. Just be sure and if you buy their games, get them through the play store. You'll get to install the games over an over when flashing different roms. If you mess with Gameloft directly you'll have less than a good time sending emails back and forth. Don't get me wrong, they always fix the problems and toss in bonus stuff for the trouble. But it's so much easier to just hit the play store.

Rogue Leader

Apr 4, 2011
New York
Not at all. You will really like it if you get some Gameloft games like Modern Combat 3. It's pretty sweet playing the game on a big tv via hdmi while using a wireless remote. Just be sure and if you buy their games, get them through the play store. You'll get to install the games over an over when flashing different roms. If you mess with Gameloft directly you'll have less than a good time sending emails back and forth. Don't get me wrong, they always fix the problems and toss in bonus stuff for the trouble. But it's so much easier to just hit the play store.

Ohh I've learned already about them. I have a ton of their games on Xperia Play but I had to buy direct from them because they made specific versions with Play controls enabled, the Google Play store versions wouldn't work. They've since stopped this practice, but they had done it on purpose to gouge people who bought the "gaming phone".

gamerzworld

Mar 28, 2011
Mine works with out anything extra on GTAIII. I hate though that the controls are mapped wrong and that you can't remap them. For example, Square is X. Doesn't seem to be a GTAIII problem as using the controler to navigate the home screen does the same thing.

chismay

May 5, 2011
LONDON
Mine works with out anything extra on GTAIII. I hate though that the controls are mapped wrong and that you can't remap them. For example, Square is X. Doesn't seem to be a GTAIII problem as using the controler to navigate the home screen does the same thing.

if you have sixaxis installed i can easily make or show you how to make a button map for gta3 and any other games it is really piss easy.

say like left analogue stick, you just select left analogue stick from menu and drag-n-drop it to where you want. same for button square, x, o , triangle...,,,,etc

jerrt010

Nov 7, 2010
I am using the sixaxis program and it works great. I too put off spending the $2 dollars and wish I had bought it sooner. Other than the few emulators I have needed to be told to allow for the controller to control the game even though it would allow me to assign buttons. No lag or other problems with the nes, snes, and genesis emulators that I have tried.

Anyone using a PS3 Sixxaxis controller on their A500 under ICS?

Are we using this application:

Or is there another way due to the built in ICS support for controllers?

easwaim

Aug 19, 2011
I've lapse out for all my games but can never get it to work any ideas what in doing wrong? I change it to the input idle what I'm doing

krabbso

May 9, 2011
I am using the sixaxis program and it works great. I too put off spending the $2 dollars and wish I had bought it sooner. Other than the few emulators I have needed to be told to allow for the controller to control the game even though it would allow me to assign buttons. No lag or other problems with the nes, snes, and genesis emulators that I have tried.

THat worked fine...thx

Robert417919

Jun 27, 2012
Hey, I was hoping for some help pairing my Acer A500 to me PS3 controller. I have bluetooth on and search and I push the PS button but they don't seem to find each other. It is also paired with the PS3 as my backup or player 2 controller.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Edit: Well I got it to work, I had too root and install Sixixis and I can now use my ps3 controller wireless. Root took all of 5 mins. Now I need to test it out.

Last edited: