• Functionality

Votes: 19 34.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

jassi32

Sep 24, 2011
INDIA
I thought that a thread is needed where we all post are stable cpu and vsel values , so that we can try and find stable for us .......

More post , more values and finally we can have a stable settings ......

which will give us optimal performance and battery .......

And we can also discuss about governers being used here .......

I am currently on default -- 300/600/1000 -- 17/32/52--- SMArtAsS :)

well i found a thread on another site , which has explained every governer
Hope it helps all .....

http://androidforums.com/xperia-mini-all-things-root/513426-android-cpu-governors-explained.html

I found an another interesting link for more knowledge to get the best ......

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoc...?topic=/liaai/cpufreq/TheOndemandGovernor.htm

[REF][TWEAKS] Kernel Governors, Modules, I/O Schedulers, CPU Tweaks, AIO App Configs

thanks to droidphile -----

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1369817

PROS AND CONS OF ALL GOVERNORS ----
check what suites you the best

http://wiki.rootzwiki.com/CPU_Governors

Last edited:

zakoo2

Mar 16, 2011
Budapest
my vsel settings are always calculated like this: (MHz/20)+2
so im on: 17@300 / 32@600 / 52@1000
these settings proved to be stable on all roms and frequencies ive tried (even 1200MHz).
and as for the governor, ive found that boosted uses vsel3 too much, so im on smartass, this drains the battery the least imo.

Reactions: level_666

zakoo2

Mar 16, 2011
Budapest
do ondemand to uses too much battery than smartass

ondemand uses the battery much more. just install cpu spy, use it for a day on ondemand and on smartass, youll see!

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

oh and the poll should have a 5th option, which is functionality :) i love how smooth and beautiful ics is, but these two can be achieved on cm7 too. but the functions ics delivers cannot. ;)

jassi32

Sep 24, 2011
INDIA
ondemand uses the battery much more. just install cpu spy, use it for a day on ondemand and on smartass, youll see!

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

oh and the poll should have a 5th option, which is functionality :) i love how smooth and beautiful ics is, but these two can be achieved on cm7 too. but the functions ics delivers cannot. ;)

ya u are right ....thanks ..... i am following ur settings -----
Hope it helps all .....:)

http://androidforums.com/xperia-mini-all-things-root/513426-android-cpu-governors-explained.html

For 5th Poll Option i have messaged Admin -- to add it .....:)

zakoo2

Mar 16, 2011
Budapest
ya u are right ....thanks ..... i am following ur settings -----
Hope it helps all .....:)

For 5th Poll Option i have messaged Admin -- to add it .....:)

wow, that article is cool, pls post it in OP!

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

link in op is broken, pls fix :)

krlox_rokr

Apr 10, 2012
Barranquilla
nice!

i'm testing 300/600/1000 -- 17/32/52--- SMArtAsS and it's going good, i feel the batt a little hot but before the screen was hot too :p,
i was playing dead trigger for test and i don't feel many changes between stock (normal vsels) and now (undervolt), i guess this is a nice balance vsel-mhz

thanks!:cool:

zakoo2

Mar 16, 2011
Budapest
i changed smt_min_cpu_load to 40 from 20 and smt_ramp_up_step to 200000 from 250000 to get a bit more performance out of it with the same battery life. so far so good :)

jassi32

Sep 24, 2011
INDIA
[/COLOR]oh and the poll should have a 5th option, which is functionality :) i love how smooth and beautiful ics is, but these two can be achieved on cm7 too. but the functions ics delivers cannot. ;)

option added .....:)

wow, that article is cool, pls post it in OP!

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

link in op is broken, pls fix :)

posted in OP..........and Link is Fixed ....:)

jassi32

Sep 24, 2011
INDIA
i'm testing 300/600/1000 -- 17/32/52--- SMArtAsS and it's going good, i feel the batt a little hot but before the screen was hot too :p,
i was playing dead trigger for test and i don't feel many changes between stock (normal vsels) and now (undervolt), i guess this is a nice balance vsel-mhz

thanks!:cool:

i am trying interactive governors beacuse of the below mentioned ..... let me try for 2-3 days , if you wanna try check out
off from smartass coz ---but after test lets see who comes up good

Smartass:
Result of Erasmux rewriting the complete code of interactive governor. Main goal is to optimize battery life without comprising performance. Still, not as battery friendly

Interactive:
Can be considered a faster ondemand. So more snappier, less battery. Interactive is designed for latency-sensitive, interactive workloads. Instead of sampling at every interval like ondemand, it determines how to scale up when CPU comes out of idle. The governor has the following advantages: 1) More consistent ramping, because existing governors do their CPU load sampling in a workqueue context, but interactive governor does this in a timer context, which gives more consistent CPU load sampling. 2) Higher priority for CPU frequency increase, thus giving the remaining tasks the CPU performance benefit, unlike existing governors which schedule ramp-up work to occur after your performance starved tasks have completed. Interactive It's an intelligent Ondemand because of stability optimizations. Why??
Sampling the CPU load every X ms (like Ondemand) can lead to under-powering the CPU for X ms, leading to dropped frames, stuttering UI, etc. Instead of sampling the CPU at a specified rate, the interactive governor will check whether to scale the CPU frequency up soon after coming out of idle. When the CPU comes out of idle, a timer is configured to fire within 1-2 ticks. If the CPU is very busy between exiting idle and when the timer fires, then we assume the CPU is underpowered and ramp to max frequency.

krlox_rokr

Apr 10, 2012
Barranquilla
i am trying interactive governors beacuse of the below mentioned ..... let me try for 2-3 days , if you wanna try check out
off from smartass coz ---but after test lets see who comes up good

Smartass:
Result of Erasmux rewriting the complete code of interactive governor. Main goal is to optimize battery life without comprising performance. Still, not as battery friendly

Interactive:
Can be considered a faster ondemand. So more snappier, less battery. Interactive is designed for latency-sensitive, interactive workloads. Instead of sampling at every interval like ondemand, it determines how to scale up when CPU comes out of idle. The governor has the following advantages: 1) More consistent ramping, because existing governors do their CPU load sampling in a workqueue context, but interactive governor does this in a timer context, which gives more consistent CPU load sampling. 2) Higher priority for CPU frequency increase, thus giving the remaining tasks the CPU performance benefit, unlike existing governors which schedule ramp-up work to occur after your performance starved tasks have completed. Interactive It's an intelligent Ondemand because of stability optimizations. Why??
Sampling the CPU load every X ms (like Ondemand) can lead to under-powering the CPU for X ms, leading to dropped frames, stuttering UI, etc. Instead of sampling the CPU at a specified rate, the interactive governor will check whether to scale the CPU frequency up soon after coming out of idle. When the CPU comes out of idle, a timer is configured to fire within 1-2 ticks. If the CPU is very busy between exiting idle and when the timer fires, then we assume the CPU is underpowered and ramp to max frequency.

great buddy, from my side i can say that my battery is going good and the system is still stable, also i tryed die hard battery script and i have 12 hours and 40 mins of use with 49% of charge, before my batt was dead in 4 hours :/

zakoo2

Mar 16, 2011
Budapest
great buddy, from my side i can say that my battery is going good and the system is still stable, also i tryed die hard battery script and i have 12 hours and 40 mins of use with 49% of charge, before my batt was dead in 4 hours :/

umm, what exactly is this 'die hard battery script'? sounds like fun :D

sent from my cm9 defy...

jassi32

Sep 24, 2011
INDIA
umm, what exactly is this 'die hard battery script'? sounds like fun :D

sent from my cm9 defy...

Guys check this --- From OP

http://wiki.rootzwiki.com/CPU_Governors[/QUOTE]

diotto

Jun 5, 2012
How to Change Governor

Hi people, i'm interested in trying the smartass governor.
I'm with a Defy+ (MB526) with Quarks CM7.2 ROM . In bootmenu i found smartass and selected it, but when i boot android and enter on setvsel (ou antutu cpu master) both says i'm with ondemand governor.
Can someone help me changing governors? Sorry for the n00b question, but i couldn't find how to do it.

AnTerNoZ

Jan 14, 2011
Bad Salzuflen
Google Pixel 4a 5G
I'm with a Defy+ (MB526) with Quarks CM7.2 ROM . In bootmenu i found smartass and selected it, but when i boot android and enter on setvsel (ou antutu cpu master) both says i'm with ondemand governor.
Can someone help me changing governors? Sorry for the n00b question, but i couldn't find how to do it.

in quarks cm 7.2 in the system/lib/modules folder are the cpufreq_... files? if they aren't in there u can't switch to this governors

look here

Defy mit Android 4.0.4 CM9 RockZ

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I thought that a thread is needed where we all post are stable cpu and vsel values , so that we can try and find stable for us .......

More post , more values and finally we can have a stable settings ......

which will give us optimal performance and battery .......

And we can also discuss about governers being used here .......

I am currently on default -- 300/600/1000 -- 17/32/52--- SMArtAsS :)

Hope it helps all .....

I found an another interesting link for more knowledge to get the best ......

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoc...?topic=/liaai/cpufreq/TheOndemandGovernor.htm

[REF][TWEAKS] Kernel Governors, Modules, I/O Schedulers, CPU Tweaks, AIO App Configs

thanks to droidphile -----

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1369817

http://wiki.rootzwiki.com/CPU_Governors
    New governers

is there a way to implement governors? ive read about smartassV2 being more battery friendly and a bit better performance-wise, but cm9 only has smartass :/

sent from my cm9 defy...

For the Governers like SmartassV2, conservative, BoostedassV2 flash the attached file through CWM.. These are the DroidX governers ported for defy+ and defy.. I am using smartassV2 now.. its very much battery efficient and also good performance wise..
    my vsel settings are always calculated like this: (MHz/20)+2
    so im on: 17@300 / 32@600 / 52@1000
    these settings proved to be stable on all roms and frequencies ive tried (even 1200MHz).
    and as for the governor, ive found that boosted uses vsel3 too much, so im on smartass, this drains the battery the least imo.
    do ondemand to uses too much battery than smartass

try and save it at the bottom in the bootmenu, where you set the governor, and then reboot. ;)

Have you tried boosted with those values?? Is stable??

Enviado desde mi MB525 usando Tapatalk 2

yes, i have tried boosted, and it is stable, but it uses higher frequencies way too much imo.