[Q] Can I update my focus mango 8107 to tango using cabsender?

Search This thread

SuperSport

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 27, 2007
Northern California

svtfmook

Aug 14, 2007
yeah, my focus 1.3 has 8773 running just fine, however, i cannot get gps to work right. then again, i have not been able to get it to work right on update 7720 up.

just make sure you do the updates via cab sender incrementally and install the correct language update packages with the update. ei flash 7720-7740 update w/ 7720-7740 language, then flash 7740-8107 update w/ 7740-8107 language packs.

hydeyoshi

May 8, 2009
I updated my samsung focus using this method http://digg.com/newsbar/Technology/tango_update_for_samsung_focus_omnia_w

their are 2 updates so when its finish you have to do it again and also you have to use windowsbreakproject again to be able to side load again and access anything you already side loaded.everything worked for me.im on att also. only thing that's frustrating is disconnecting and reconnecting ethernet wire because you dont always catch it right away it takes a few tries.

Xebec

Jun 2, 2008
McCordsville
I updated my samsung focus using this method http://digg.com/newsbar/Technology/tango_update_for_samsung_focus_omnia_w

their are 2 updates so when its finish you have to do it again and also you have to use windowsbreakproject again to be able to side load again and access anything you already side loaded.everything worked for me.im on att also. only thing that's frustrating is disconnecting and reconnecting ethernet wire because you dont always catch it right away it takes a few tries.

I tried this 30-40 times on my AT&T Samsung Focus, 1.3. Never finds an update.

hydeyoshi

May 8, 2009
make sure you put your phone in airplane mode.it should work i did it last night after a about 10 tries or maybe more wasn't counting.give it another try.

lsguntu

Jan 5, 2009
Hyderabad
It might work for Focus flash / Omnia but not for Focus. This kind of update only works when there is an update for your device but not available in your region :)

Rahul_M

Nov 18, 2011
Yes, I am not able to force update via zune. So thought about cabsender method but don't want to take the risk as mango is working properly on my focus. And tango doesn't have much to offer other than mms, which I never use.

Thanks to everybody for answering.

bennyj71

Feb 23, 2008
New Orleans

SuperSport

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 27, 2007
Northern California
OOOOkkkk.....so do I install the Rogers update?

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

My Focus only has 5 languages. Do I have to install all 22. If not what are the five I need?
Are you using an ATT Lumia 900? If you are, then install all the languages included, and yes, install the Rogers update.

EnderPsp

Apr 6, 2008
Lost in Europe :)
My Focus isn't unlocked

I see. In that case, you can use cabsender method to update.

However, If I were you, I would unlock, for the benefit of homebrew (battery app, custom widgets, etc etc etc). And, if your PDA is less than KK2, you can unlock with WindowBreak, install WP7 Root Tools, alter the registry key
HKLM \ System \ Platform \ DeviceTargetingInfo \ MobileOperator
from "ATT-US" to "ROG-CA", connect in Zune, and update. Less chances of brick and it's the "official way" to update through Zune, plus you also get to decide whether you still want to have homebrew after the update.
Your call.