[DEV][WIP][PORT][4.1] Android 4.1 Jelly Bean JRN84D [6.30.12]

Search This thread

stayclean

Jul 13, 2010
Man I love the Sprint galaxy nexus forums so much. Check the op of the jelly bean port there we have everyone and anyone willing to put in work working together and a positive thread. With this one the users are bitter and developers don't appear to be jiving that well. Come on ns4g community pull through.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

The Galaxy Nexus JB ROMs are based off the OTA release from I/O, whereas Nexus S and etc are working from basically nothing. We need the source to drop.

mcluvin1065

Dec 23, 2011
The Galaxy Nexus JB ROMs are based off the OTA release from I/O, whereas Nexus S and etc are working from basically nothing. We need the source to drop.

Yea but what hes trying to explain....is that the thread we got here is so negative....we should really try and help the dev instead of attacking and complaining to them...

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

dreamsforgotten

May 4, 2010
Louisiana

I build for both phones and source is 100 percent equal for the nexus s nexus s 4g and 3 variants of the gnex. It's just the overlay that's different I'll look when I get time but I have no usb port on my ns4g :(

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

thunder2132

Mar 11, 2011
Michigan
It's going to seem out of the character of the thread by now, but I tried the link in the OP. It works great! It's so amazingly smooth, it just makes me happy to see how great our phone can be when we get a source build :)

dwielunski

Dec 11, 2010
I am curious to see how well Chrome performs on the Nexus S with Jelly Bean. The only builds posted have no data or Wifi. Can anyone who has used one of these "secret" builds comment on browser performance? Specifically, scrolling and pinch to zoom on pages with lots of images, and omnibox text entry lagginess (or lack thereof).

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Ya im sorry guys, im having problems with 1.2. Just use 1.1 as a preview of what to expect in jelly bean. Its not stable to be used as a dily driver. When the source gets released, expect it... ;)

yea man thanks for the rom and everything but u kno in the future let us kno that u not gonna upload at least, but other than that thanks alot :good::good::good::good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,
    Im going to attempt to port Android 4.1 Jelly Bean from DaXmax's base and will try to show you the progress I make + photo's etc just to keep you updated.

How am I doing this?

-Use the latest Rom base for Jelly Bean from DaXmax
    -Latest CM9 nightly build for libraries, vendors etc..
    -Modified CM9 kernel
    -Use my brains alot

I will post in this thread daily with answers and that kind of shizzle.

What Works:
    -Wifi (thanks to steven676)
    -Integrated Root
    -It boots
    -Touchscreen
    -Bluetooth
    -GPU
    -Camera
    -Soft keys
    -NFC
    -Project Butter
    -SDcard
    -ADB
    -USB Debugging

What Doesn't Work:
    -Audio
    -3G/Any Connection
    -Ambient Light Sensor
    -Other stuff I dont yet know about.

Screenshots:
    new screens coming in a bit

Booting and Butter is working smooth like a babies butt

Download:
    OLD: http://d-h.st/utf (no wifi)
    v1.2: Uploading tomorrow morning, time to get some rest
    Thanks to DaXmax ans steven676 for allowing me to work off of their bases and steven676 for the wifi issue!
    You're not the thread owner. You have no jurisdiction over closing threads.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

to close a thread you need to show 2 forms of I.D. verifying you as the owner of the thread. then you must fill out proper thread closure form BU-7 and turn in form BU-7 at window A4 at the DMV during normal operating hours three (3) buisness days before prefered date of thread closure, failure to do so will result in a closure time of our choice.

:p
    Thanks to steven676 a wifi fix is coming soon!
    Wifi is working, that means Google Now is working! Now i just need to get Reception to work right now i get "No Service"

I will upload the new base tomorrow morning, also the size is less than the v1.0 which most of you would like
    Ya im sorry guys, im having problems with 1.2. Just use 1.1 as a preview of what to expect in jelly bean. Its not stable to be used as a dily driver. When the source gets released, expect it... ;)