Which flavor of V4 do you use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

thedogger

Jan 2, 2007
For US based AT&T subscribers using MediaNET unlimited: Anyone else have problems downloading files larger than about 1.5MB when using MediaNET on AT&T? I have tried both from within the phone on IE with NATF's ROM, and when tethered to a laptop and attempting to download a file with a browser. Either way, the download seems to stall out around 1.5 MBytes. But I can stream and view a full YouTube video that has to be larger than this.

Perhaps AT&T has imposed a new limitation on MediaNET unlimited subscribers? I tried this on my old 8525 as well, same limitation.

mdelleman

Apr 23, 2008
Rom is great as always.

Only thing I noticed so far was that there is a newer version of the large title bar. Could you please include this in your V5 final? You can find it MBavarians Opal thread.

mystik_khmer

Aug 3, 2007
is it me.. or this rom sometimes lag? i'm using HTC Home Loaded and is there a way to take out the feature on top to change the volume control and a menu pop's up to choose what you wana pick? the system status screen?

loki49

Apr 18, 2007
NATF... Sorry to hear you are leaving the Tilt. Yours are THE best roms, the only ones I use since Dutty left us. But I don't blame you, as soon as I can afford it, the Fuze will be mine too. :D I hoped ATT would get it the first time I seen the Diamond.

I have been having problem since I flashed from v4 to v5. I started having the message freeze problem. I have to restart Manilla. It has also been freezing at other times for about 5 seconds during normal use, like trying to make a call. I flashed back to v4... no good. Flashed ATT 6.1 then back to v4... no good. Then back to v5... a little better but still freezing. Any suggestions? The only thing is I didn't remove my sim and microSD. :rolleyes: I am gonna try that tonight.

Thanks again for all your hard work.

loki

RojasTKD

Sep 6, 2007
S. Florida
No issues here with Phone Canvas. Did you make sure to turn on Flight Mode prior to installing the CAB?

No, I must of missed that requirment.

I tried that but still no joy. I'll try again. Mayne it dosen't like one of my apps?

Tried again, but it still not working. It dials the first time I try, but after that it dosen't want to work. Is there any chance phone canvas may get cooked into these ROMs?

Last edited:

NotATreoFan

Moderator Emeritus
Rom is great as always.

Only thing I noticed so far was that there is a newer version of the large title bar. Could you please include this in your V5 final? You can find it MBavarians Opal thread.

That's where I got this one from. :confused:

is it me.. or this rom sometimes lag? i'm using HTC Home Loaded and is there a way to take out the feature on top to change the volume control and a menu pop's up to choose what you wana pick? the system status screen?

It's called HTC Large Title Bar. It's designed to make the start menu finger friendly, and it also fixes a glitch in the 20755 OS build that keeps the battery meter showing 100%. If you tap the battery icon, the pop up menu will accurately show the remaining battery charge.

NATF... Sorry to hear you are leaving the Tilt. Yours are THE best roms, the only ones I use since Dutty left us. But I don't blame you, as soon as I can afford it, the Fuze will be mine too. :D I hoped ATT would get it the first time I seen the Diamond.

I have been having problem since I flashed from v4 to v5. I started having the message freeze problem. I have to restart Manilla. It has also been freezing at other times for about 5 seconds during normal use, like trying to make a call. I flashed back to v4... no good. Flashed ATT 6.1 then back to v4... no good. Then back to v5... a little better but still freezing. Any suggestions? The only thing is I didn't remove my sim and microSD. :rolleyes: I am gonna try that tonight.

Thanks again for all your hard work.

loki

What version of HardSPL are you running? I have no freezing issues with 3.29.Hard2 by cmonex. (I never pull out my SIM or SD during flashing)

No, I must of missed that requirment.

I tried that but still no joy. I'll try again. Mayne it dosen't like one of my apps?

Tried again, but it still not working. It dials the first time I try, but after that it dosen't want to work. Is there any chance phone canvas may get cooked into these ROMs?

Do a hard reset, and after the customization runs and the phone reboots, immediately turn on Flight Mode and install the CAB. Then reboot when prompted, and turn Flight Mode off afterwards. Do not bring up the dialer prior to install.

No problem.

NerdsMcGee

May 3, 2008
Easton
www.hackworx.com
For US based AT&T subscribers using MediaNET unlimited: Anyone else have problems downloading files larger than about 1.5MB when using MediaNET on AT&T? I have tried both from within the phone on IE with NATF's ROM, and when tethered to a laptop and attempting to download a file with a browser. Either way, the download seems to stall out around 1.5 MBytes. But I can stream and view a full YouTube video that has to be larger than this.

Perhaps AT&T has imposed a new limitation on MediaNET unlimited subscribers? I tried this on my old 8525 as well, same limitation.

Yes, I noticed the EXACT same thing on my Tilt. AT&T trying to combat tethering? :(

dmbfan36_23

Nov 24, 2007
Here's version 6.57, if you have a previous version installed just replace the SIM_Mgr.exe with this one. If not, just drop it in somewhere and run it, create a shortcut wherever you'd like...

Attachments

• SIM_Mgr_v6.57.zip
    67.7 KB · Views: 379

thedogger

Jan 2, 2007
Yes, I noticed the EXACT same thing on my Tilt. AT&T trying to combat tethering? :(

I've tried with Proxy, and without Proxy - either way, looks like AT&T has found a way to block certain types of file transfers. I can still surf web pages, and get emails. Although I haven't tested yet what happens if I try to get a large attachment via email. It could be they are filtering large transfers on certain ports or something.

perdurabo2

Jun 17, 2007
NJ
BUG?

First off, let me say this ROM is awesome and has increased my Tilt's usability tenfold. Great job NATF!

I have found an apparent bug. The calendar widget on the Home page does not get updated until the program is terminated/restarted, or the phone is reset.

For example, I have an appointment today at 1pm. On the homepage, it still shows as 1pm "tomorrow", because I reset my phone yesterday. Time and weather update normally.

NotATreoFan

Moderator Emeritus
First off, let me say this ROM is awesome and has increased my Tilt's usability tenfold. Great job NATF!

I have found an apparent bug. The calendar widget on the Home page does not get updated until the program is terminated/restarted, or the phone is reset.

For example, I have an appointment today at 1pm. On the homepage, it still shows as 1pm "tomorrow", because I reset my phone yesterday. Time and weather update normally.

Sounds like an issue with Manilla2D. I would check out that thread and see if it's a known issue.

mdelleman

Apr 23, 2008
That's where I got this one from. :confused:

It's called HTC Large Title Bar. It's designed to make the start menu finger friendly, and it also fixes a glitch in the 20755 OS build that keeps the battery meter showing 100%. If you tap the battery icon, the pop up menu will accurately show the remaining battery charge.

There is an updated version of the HTC Title bar cab here.

http://mbarvian.freehostia.com/2008/10/22/all-extracted-opaljade-applications-cab-and-oem-package-included/

It has a bit of a different look than the one in your rom and the battery seems to update when I use this one. The current title bar doesn't seem to update the battery icon, it stays at 100%. I am running 3.29 Hard2 with HTC Home V5. Thanks!

RojasTKD

Sep 6, 2007
S. Florida
Do a hard reset, and after the customization runs and the phone reboots, immediately turn on Flight Mode and install the CAB. Then reboot when prompted, and turn Flight Mode off afterwards. Do not bring up the dialer prior to install.

No problem.

Will give this a try...

It worked!... I hate to have to hard reset to do it, but I'm very happy it seems to be working now.

Last edited:

bittermormon

Jul 21, 2006
Fonts

I had to install these fonts to make the status bar look better when I clicked on it

Attachments

• Fonts.zip
    70.2 KB · Views: 13

imisim

Feb 11, 2006
Does anyone know the registry tweak so that realplayer will play cingular video without asking you to save it as a file first? In the original OEM ROM, I can play cingular video by just clicking on the file and realplayer will just play it. I am unable to find any realplayer cab that will play cingular video without asking me to save the file first.

Also, is there a registry tweak that will disable the large title bar menu? It's not very useful for me since you have to tab a couple of times just to adjust the volume. TIA

Last edited:

dgates71

Feb 6, 2007
Here's version 6.57, if you have a previous version installed just replace the SIM_Mgr.exe with this one. If not, just drop it in somewhere and run it, create a shortcut wherever you'd like...

Thank you for the updated file, here is the cab form to make it easier to install.;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So are we going to see a World Champion Phillies themed version. :)

-McMex