[App] Meta Widget - Create Widgets From Any Web Content

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

muzzy996

Feb 4, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
I know someone mentioned being able to hit the desktop version of engadget but for the life of me I can't. It keeps redirecting to the mobile version even though the toggle apparently forces a refresh.

ftgg99

Account currently disabled
Mar 20, 2010
I know someone mentioned being able to hit the desktop version of engadget but for the life of me I can't. It keeps redirecting to the mobile version even though the toggle apparently forces a refresh.

Works fine in desktop for me... But it doesnt matter, just select a non feature article title or text to make a widget.

The feature has no relatives, so you cant make a scrollable list from it.

obarthelemy

Apr 7, 2010
Looks good !

Hi.

First, thank you for the widget, it looks like exactly what I need: I'm gifting a tablet to my elderly parents, they need an Interface that's big and evocative, so the plan is to make them home pages with 4 web previews (10", 1280x800 tablet).

Your widget looks like exactly what the dotor ordered, and I'm impressed ^^

A couple of remarks and suggestions:

- some SEO is required. I've been looking for such a widget for days, and yours never popped up, neither on the market nor on straight google... I think "web preview" "large".. look at what WebClip uses, that one did pop up (but it sucks, too small, no support for login, no offset, no zoom...)

- I'm struggling with the UI. For example, I want the widget to display the latest post of a Posterous page. I can get the blog's name, but not the latest post. I must be doing something wrong, but I think it would be easier if I could just point at one element as an "anchor", and tell the widget to display content from there on. Or just specify a quick and dirty pixel offset and display from there.

I'm very hopeful I can get this to do what I need. Thanks a lot, and kudos.

Olivier

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

For the life of me, I can't get the widget to display more than 1 item. Once I select an item, I puts me on a config page for the final look and feel. No way I could see to go back and add other items. Plus I've no clue how to add dynamic content, like "latest blog post". So I end up with widgets with just.. a title.

I'd really like an "anchor" option, where I point at, for example, a Blog's title, and the widget displays everything from there onward (basically, bypassing the top adds and left menu, which covers 99.9% of web sites). It think this widget is too smart for me ^^

Last edited:
Reactions: ftgg99

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
To get more than one element onto a widget you need to get Widget Maker. Its in my sig.

obarthelemy

Apr 7, 2010
Thanks for your answer. I think in the end your widget does not do what I need: it extracts info from a web page (by tag, I assume) and reformats it, while I just want to simply display a web page, with an offset and zoom factor.

irisclara

Jun 7, 2011
Looks great! One problem, I use ADW EX launcher and ever since I installed this widget and set up a dozen comics to update when tapped, scrolling between home screens has slowed to a crawl. I even get force closes of ADW a couple times a day. This happens even when I haven't updated the widgets in several hours.

Do I need to have fewer instances?

Attachments

• screenshot-1340842705992.jpg
    screenshot-1340842705992.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 250

general forceps

Jan 15, 2011
Hi. Is anyone able to see the Metawidgets at DPIs below 200?
Using JB 4.1.2 Jelly Bam with Nova, but widgets won't show with any launcher as far as i can tell.
At 200 DPI they do show.

Thanks for the info.

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
Have you tried actually adding new ones after changing your density settings? Because I see them just fine.

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
I could... but it would be a really long list because we have like 20 devices at the office. Right now I'm on 183 trebuchet my own aosp build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    META WIDGET

Meta is a unique app that can turn virtually any online content into dynamic, interactive widgets.

Simply browse to a website, pick a column of text, link or image and enjoy this information right on your home screen!

Why is this cool you ask? Because almost anything can be parsed out of a website - images, blogrolls, RSS feeds or entire windows.

Any widget created through Meta can be customized and automatically updated, or updated on user interaction.

Features

★ Create widgets from almost any website element
    ★ Parse graphs and images
    ★ Extract statistics and information from authorized sites
    ★ Configure widgets (background, alignment, etc.)
    ★ Automatic updates
    ★ User defined click actions
    ★ Lots of other cool stuff

Status

The app is currently quite stable, but we still prefer to call it a beta. So please, do write to us with suggestions or bug reports!

Play Store

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fahrbot.apps.metawidget

The free app has everything but automatic updates. Please buy the Key - that would help us a lot :)

Screens

looks like a great idea
    just downloaded but when i tried to start it, it zoomed out like it was about to open an app but closed so it didnt even start to open
    also no icon on homescreen or in app draw
    no new widgets
    i tried reinstalling
    i downloaded it off the market
    im a p7510 and running galaxy task on a switch me log in thingy :)
    happy to help test
    You are a funny guy :)
    Problem: The widget title alignment doesn't seem to work. Regardless of choosing center or right, it remains aligned on the left.

Suggestion: Ability to select two colors so you can alternate colors for each line of a widgets content.

Sent from my SHW-M380W using XDA Premium HD app
    Alignment works fine for me on all devices i have, what is your device name and firmware version?
    ftgg99 another awesome and useful app from you. I will be purchasing! this is wonderful for quote charts. thanks for a wonderful app!

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Tapatalk 2