(20100718 - version 1.4.1 beta) MissedCallReminder

Search This thread

mb286

Dec 27, 2006
Hello all,

current version is 1.4.1 beta

my own attempt to add the missing "missed call" and "missed sms" reminder to WM 6, WM 6.1 and WM 6.5

the idea here was to keep it simple. the program can vibrate and or generate a chosen sound at a set interval, to notify the user that there are missed calls or unread sms messages. it will wakeup the device if needed to give the notification.

Note: The program has been created and tested on PocketPC phones only. This program might or might not work correctly on Smartphones.

to use:

install the cab on the device or the storage card.
launch the application and set your preferences.
click apply, the program will minimize. it is neccessary to keep the program running to have it generate new reminders, but it only uses the cpu when needed it does not poll every minute or so to see if a notification came in.

hope that someone will find this usefull :)

The program currently offers the following:
missed notification for missed call/ sms / mms and e-mail
No reminder when call is in progress
Option to set sound per reminder type (the sounds will,if needed, be generated all at once for the moment, this could be changed in the future)
option to "minimize to taskbar" or "minimize and hide"
Lock screen on phone call connect (I am using this myself and decided to keep it in. it locks the screen using the windows lock when a phonecall is connected. it unlocks the screen when a phonecall is finished. Default this is off, and you do not have to use it if you do not want to.)
Option to set vibrate time in seconds
LED vibrate number can be chosen from 0 till 20
Option to not wakeup the device
Option to not give reminder in set timespan (if you specify from 2300 till 0700, it means that the program will not generate a reminder between 2300 and 0700 each day)
About box
Should display in QVGA/VGA/WQVGA/WVGA
The program uses almost no cpu time, only when it is needed

one "advanced user" registry key in HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/MissedCallReminder:
debug: Default is "False", if set to "True", the program will generate debug information in a logfile. to help me indentify problems.

NOTE: apparently Omnia devices use the sms count for both SMS and MMS, that means that the program should generate a MMS reminder if SMS reminder is selected. I would like to hear from Omnia users if this is true.

1.4.1 beta release
bugfix: Reminders are given for a notification even if the notification is not selected in the notifications tab. (second attempt )
bugfix: If no reminder between is used the program does not correctly follow the time rule
bugfix: program still vibrates the phone if phone sound is set to silent

TODO (Things that will be in a next version):
Multi language support

WISHLIST (Things that might be in a next version, if i have the time and can make it work)
Option to stop generating a reminder after x minutes
option to stop generating a reminder after x times

KNOWN BUGs (things that,if possible, be fixed in a next version)

A small FAQ
Q: what does Vibrate LED number mean?
A: The LED number specified here is used to vibrate the device. This is different per device. Using the "Menu - Test vibrate" you can test if the number entered in the vibrate LED number field is the correct one for vibrating the device.
Q: what does the menu option "No icon in taskbar mean?
A: the option "Menu - No icon in taskbar" controls the "minimize to taskbar" or "minimize and hide".
When "No icon in taskbar" is NOT selected the program will minimize to the taskbar. the program can only be reopened using the icon in the taskbar. it is not visible in the taskmanager.
When "No icon in taskbar" is selected the program will only minimize. it can be reopened by relaunching the program. it is also visible in the taskmanager.
TouchFlo user should select the "No icon in taskbar". when doing this please close the program and relaunch it for the setting to take effect.
Q: What does "Lock screen on call connect" mean?
A: it locks the screen using the windows lock when a phonecall is connected. it unlocks the screen when a phonecall is finished. Default this is off, and you do not have to use it if you do not want to.
Q: I cannot relaunch the program when it is already running using the program icon.
A: please see post # 2:

If you like my work, feel free to give a small donation ( EUR or USD )

Attachments

• Screen05.gif
    Screen05.gif
    4 KB · Views: 6,010
  • Screen06.gif
    Screen06.gif
    5.6 KB · Views: 4,801
  • ScreenMain.gif
    ScreenMain.gif
    7.7 KB · Views: 3,318
  • ScreenSetting.gif
    ScreenSetting.gif
    7.8 KB · Views: 2,904
  • ScreenMenu.gif
    ScreenMenu.gif
    9.4 KB · Views: 3,036
  • MissedCallReminder_1.3.5.CAB
    148.5 KB · Views: 2,342
  • MissedCallReminder_1.4.1beta.CAB
    149.9 KB · Views: 1,568
Last edited:

mb286

Dec 27, 2006
Further explanation for the program does not start from program icon

I'll try to explain with some pictures how the program behaves when the no icon in taskbar option is selected or not selected. Just to be sure that it is not the cause for users who are experiencing problems with reopening the program using the program icon:

first situation:
You have installed MissedCallReminder and you start it for the first time, If you change nothing and select Apply the following will now happen:

Menu - no icon in taskbar is NOT selected (noiconintaskbar.jpg)
The program is not visible in any Taskmanager's application list
The MissedCallReminder icon is visible in the taskbar (Iconintaskbarnotselected.jpg)

When this is happening the program will not react to clicks on the program icon in the programs list, it can only be reopened using the taskbar icon.

second situation
You have installed MissedCallReminder and you start it for the first time, you select Menu - no icon in taskbar AND completely exit the application using Menu - Exit. You then restart the program and select Apply and the following will now happen:

Menu - no icon in taskbar is selected (Iconintaskbarselected.jpg)
The program is visible in any Taskmanager's application list (visibleintaskmanager.jpg)
The MissedCallReminder icon is NOT visible in the taskbar

When this is happening the program will react to clicks on the program icon in the programs list.

Request: If users experience this and are certain the above situation is not the case then i would be very interested in what the program registry settings are. if you are able to do this could those users please open a registry editor and navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MyMissedCallReminder and tell me the value of the key "minimizetotaskbar"

Attachments

• noiconintaskbar.jpg
    noiconintaskbar.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 493
  • Iconintaskbarnotselected.jpg
    Iconintaskbarnotselected.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 497
  • Iconintaskbarselected.jpg
    Iconintaskbarselected.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 401
  • visibleintaskmanager.jpg
    visibleintaskmanager.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 392
Last edited:

MTM

Oct 18, 2007
Copenhagen
Looks neat :)

Throwing in an idea, hope it's ok. It would be good if you could have reminders for only missed calls and not messages (or the other way around for that matter - looks like you will get the same reminders from both on the screenshots).

I'm biking a lot and don't always won't to stop to read a new message, hence reminders can be a bit annoying. On the other hand, I'm wearing my headset so I always pick up calls :)

mb286

Dec 27, 2006
Looks neat :)

Throwing in an idea, hope it's ok. It would be good if you could have reminders for only missed calls and not messages (or the other way around for that matter - looks like you will get the same reminders from both on the screenshots).

I'm biking a lot and don't always won't to stop to read a new message, hence reminders can be a bit annoying. On the other hand, I'm wearing my headset so I always pick up calls :)

i am currently working on some "improvements" like having it minimize to the taskbar. i think i will also include the option to turn a reminder on or off for unread SMS or missed call

sudist

Jun 30, 2007
Perpignan
No Vibrating

No vibrating on ASUS P535!

How do you HTC people cope with the reminder witch turns on the screen. In your pocket, an unwanted touch on the screen could run an application?
The Asus P535 has an HOLD button!

tesselaar

Oct 10, 2008
Too bad the button apply can't be reached with a 240x320 (landscape) display like the one used on the IPAQ 914C

mb286

Dec 27, 2006
No vibrating on ASUS P535!

How do you HTC people cope with the reminder witch turns on the screen. In your pocket, an unwanted touch on the screen could run an application?
The Asus P535 has an HOLD button!

when applying the settings you can also specify the LED number to vibrate (default is 1) . please try this. perhaps it will be usefull to have a test option.

regarding the unwanted touch problem, i personally use S2U2, so when the device wakes up i do not have this problem.
what i can do is add an option that the device does not wakeup when a reminder is given. but that does mean that you will not hear any reminder until the device wakes up.

sudist

Jun 30, 2007
Perpignan
when applying the settings you can also specify the LED number to vibrate (default is 1) . please try this. perhaps it will be usefull to have a test option.

I've tested on 1 and 10 (seconds I think)

what i can do is add an option that the device does not wakeup when a reminder is given. but that does mean that you will not hear any reminder until the device wakes up.

There are programs that still work in SLEEP MODE (for example, autoflight is always telling me the time....even in sleep mode).

*Memory heap size = 1Mb (OsRemindMe = 1,6Mb)

Last edited:

mb286

Dec 27, 2006

There are programs that still work in SLEEP MODE (for example, autoflight is always telling me the time....even in sleep mode).

i think the LED number for vibrate could be any number between 0 - 5, but i do not know for sure, it is 1 on my Touch. i must admit that setting the LED number is not very clear for first time users. I do not know how to make it so that it automatically uses the correct number.

I'm in the impression that you can not hear a sound if the device is in sleep mode. but perhaps i am mistaken? Autoflight generates a sound without waking up the device?

davidfvk

Sep 9, 2008
KL
nice piece of work

pretty nice work.. however, it would be good if following things can be revised?

--> can you plz add in a feature "number to repeat". FYI, i'm now using Throttle Launcher. So, i can't trigger off the reminder alarm. it would be good if it stops automatically after x-times (which can be set by user),

OR..

whenever i read/aware the missed call/msg, this reminder program would detect that missed call / unread msg = 0, thus OFF the reminder automatically. (This would be preferable)

Many Thanks....:)

davidfvk

Sep 9, 2008
KL
add in some extra information..

pretty nice work.. however, it would be good if following things can be revised?

--> can you plz add in a feature "number to repeat". FYI, i'm now using Throttle Launcher. So, i can't trigger off the reminder alarm. it would be good if it stops automatically after x-times (which can be set by user),

OR..

whenever i read/aware the missed call/msg, this reminder program would detect that missed call / unread msg = 0, thus OFF the reminder automatically. (This would be preferable)

regarding above statements, perhaps i shall further clarify....

a) add in "number to repeat"..
example: reminder will give notification every interval of 2mins for 5 times

I'm now using Touch (with Throttle Launcher interface, 240x320), perhaps this reminder program need user to off it manually? yet, it's too bad that i can't trigger this button... so, i suggest 2nd option which stated above....

Thanks...

mb286

Dec 27, 2006

OR..

if the user dismisses the missed calls and marks the unread sms as read while the program is running ,the program should know when not to give the reminder anymore.
however problems can arise if the program is not running and the user dismisses the missed call/unread sms notifications. the set reminder will then not be cancelled. this should be fixed in the next version. the next version will also have an option to clear generated reminders.

Last edited:

davidfvk

Sep 9, 2008
KL
Hi,

Thanks for your prompt reply. Personally I think this program has great potential. Just wish it could be revised to a better software.

I tried it yesterday. It rings to notify me that i have missed calls / unread msg.. somehow, I went to read the msg and checked the missed call.. yet, the reminder won't stop.. (and i din see any button to be pressed to stop, if there is any? )..

plz advise?

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

i think the LED number for vibrate could be any number between 0 - 5, but i do not know for sure, it is 1 on my Touch. i must admit that setting the LED number is not very clear for first time users. I do not know how to make it so that it automatically uses the correct number.

I'm in the impression that you can not hear a sound if the device is in sleep mode. but perhaps i am mistaken? Autoflight generates a sound without waking up the device?