[REF] [HOW-TO] [GSM & CDMA] Official Google OTA update URLs -- Latest: JWR66Y / 4.3

Search This thread

efrant

Retired Senior Moderator & Developers Relations
Feb 12, 2009
Montreal
Samsung Galaxy S20
Hi :)

im on stock yakju IMM76I and i have troubles flashing JRO03C.
Im using ClockworkMod Recovery v5.5.0.2.

This is what i get after Verifying current system... :

assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/bin/sdcard", "4a3747579b0cef3a
adec7ed95b30a013af5197ba", "15690339daedb967ecc8331f194d0fb26a5d971c")
E: Error in /sdcard/f946a4120eb1.signed-yakju-JRO03C-from-IMM76I.f946a412.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Does anyone know what to do? Before flashing the zip i wiped data and dalvik cache.

Thank you :)
Are you using the NON-touch version of CWM?
Dear Sir,
first Thank you for your great effort. Second i tried your ways to update my galaxy nexus(Android version 4.0.4 baseband version I9250XXLA2 Build number IMM76I) as i did download Samsung Galaxy Nexus toolkit to unlock, root and CWD , then get the update Zip file to sd card and install it from the recovery and i still get the same version on my mobile.

Any Help please
Need more details. What error are you getting? What update are you using? Are you running yakju or takju?

ziggyboy

Nov 15, 2010
Canberra
I would like to thank everyone who have helped make the JB OTA available. Good work!

To those having problems, may I suggest re-installing ICS, CWM, then JB OTA.

cturbos

Dec 13, 2008
efrant
i downloaded the yakju JRO03C from IMM76I, moved it to sdcard then just flashed. it its good too go and im still rooted.dont ask me how but im on 4.1.1 and rooted.thanks a million,:good::good::good:

spaceman860

Jan 11, 2012
@efrent :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: for all the people you have helped and tried to help since JB came out you have but some serious OT in these treads you must have a lot of cut and paste answers by now. :D
People need to slow down and READ then READ again :what:

Sent from my Gnex {GSM}

crazyykw

Jun 16, 2011
Hi guys !! I am on yakju build , IMM76I completely stock with unlocked bootloader , rooted and clockwork mod recovery. I havent changed anything, no patches , no change of kernel,, its completely stock. Can i just flash the update from cwm without clearing anything or do i need to?? Thanks

cturbos

Dec 13, 2008
Hi guys !! I am on yakju build , IMM76I completely stock with unlocked bootloader , rooted and clockwork mod recovery. I havent changed anything, no patches , no change of kernel,, its completely stock. Can i just flash the update from cwm without clearing anything or do i need to?? Thanks

that's what i did from cwm,try it.:good:

Reactions: crazyykw

Revoked

Jan 5, 2010
Succesfull patch instructions

I just succesfully updated my gnex using Touch CWM (5.8.0.2) without losing recovery!
Please note this requires stock IMM76I except for recovery. You can achieve this by flashing the 4.0.4 factory image (don't forget to remove the recovery).

Here is my edited Method 1 install procedure:

Method 1 - CWM recovery installed
1) Download the correct update for your build on to your computer;
2) Open the archive;
3) Delete recovery folder;
4) Go to folder - META-INF/com/google/android
5) Extract updater-script with Winzip
6) Open the extracted updater-script with Notepad++ (NOT regular notepad or wordpad)
7) Remove the line saying: set_perm(0, 0, 0544, "/system/etc/install-recovery.sh");
8) Save and move the new updater-script to the folder in the zip file (META-INF/com/google/android)
9) Copy the zip file to /sdcard on your device;
10) Reboot into CWM;
11) Select "install zip from sdcard";
12) Select "choose zip from sdcard";
13) Select the update the you just copied to your device;
14) Wait until it completes. Reboot. Done.

fpbasilio

Sep 7, 2007
Updated to jb without problems using method 1. Flashed the unmodified zip using cwm. So I assumed that I still have stock recovery. But on rom manager it says current recovery i have is cwm. I tried to reboot to recovery but it shows the android with red exclamation point. Had to pull battery to get out of there.Is there any way to check whether I'm on stock or cwm ?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Revoked

Jan 5, 2010
Updated to jb without problems using method 1. Flashed the unmodified zip using cwm. So I assumed that I still have stock recovery. But on rom manager it says current recovery i have is cwm. I tried to reboot to recovery but it shows the android with red exclamation point. Had to pull battery to get out of there.Is there any way to check whether I'm on stock or cwm ?

Check one post above you, that's what I did to keep me from losing CWM. If you did not do that procedure you are now on stock recovery and have to reflash CWM.

efrant

Feb 12, 2009
Montreal
Samsung Galaxy S20

"the android with red exclamation point" is the stock recovery. To access the menu, push power and volume up.

efrant

Feb 12, 2009
Montreal
Samsung Galaxy S20
Oh! I wont mind using Custom ROMS :)
Is there one that is as close to stock as possible? Any recommendations are welcome, as Im kinda newish to this custom roms cos ive always stuck to stock roms.

Thanks!
Take a look in the Verizon development section. There should be a bunch there. I can't really recommend anything given that I don't have a Verizon device. I think adrynalyne and his BAMF team has a version that is close to stock.

Reactions: digital.l0gic

Maeltne

Aug 16, 2011
So, since my phone is still 4.0.2 I followed the directions to root without unlocking bootloader (nifty!). I then installed the ROM Manager, and flashed CWM Recovery.

Now from the fastboot screen I see the following:
PRODUCT - TUNA
VARIENT - MAGURO
HW VERSION: 9
BOOTLOADER VERSION - PRIMEKK15
BASEBAND VERSION - I9250UGLA4

From the settings screen I see the following
Android Version 4.0.2
Kernel version 3.0.8-gaa2611
android-build@apa28 #1
Build number ICL53F.I9250UGLA4

Now from this I surmise that I need to install the (yakju IMM76I from ICL53F) and then the (yakju JRO03C from IMM76I) ROMs.

However when following method 1 (or 3c) I get the following error:

assert failed: file_getprop("/system/build.prod", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "google/yakju/maguro:4.0.2/ICL53F ..................

I can post more of the error if you want, but I think it's clear enough that for some reason my completely stock phone ... isn't stock? The phone is new.

Any help is appreciated...

efrant

Feb 12, 2009
Montreal
Samsung Galaxy S20
So, since my phone is still 4.0.2 I followed the directions to root without unlocking bootloader (nifty!). I then installed the ROM Manager, and flashed CWM Recovery.<br />
<br />
Now from the fastboot screen I see the following:<br />
PRODUCT - TUNA<br />
VARIENT - MAGURO<br />
HW VERSION: 9<br />
BOOTLOADER VERSION - PRIMEKK15<br />
BASEBAND VERSION - I9250UGLA4<br />
<br />
From the settings screen I see the following<br />
Android Version 4.0.2<br />
Kernel version 3.0.8-gaa2611<br />
android-build@apa28 #1<br />
Build number ICL53F.I9250UGLA4<br />
<br />
Now from this I surmise that I need to install the (yakju IMM76I from ICL53F) and then the (yakju JRO03C from IMM76I) ROMs.<br />
<br />
However when following method 1 (or 3c) I get the following error:<br />
<br />
assert failed: file_getprop("/system/build.prod", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "google/yakju/maguro:4.0.2/ICL53F ..................<br />
<br />
I can post more of the error if you want, but I think it's clear enough that for some reason my completely stock phone ... isn't stock? The phone is new.<br />
<br />
Any help is appreciated...
The android build you are running is yakjuux not yakju or takju. There is no JB update for that build yet.

You have to flash the yakju or takju stock images. See the "flash" link in my sig

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts