Instruction + Files on How to Un-bricked and Band unlock Droid 2 Global with 629 ROM

Search This thread

key5000

Apr 10, 2009
Just redo all the steps and you should be OK (make sure not to skip any steps)

Note, you can do it over and over again as many as you want, it does not hurt.

key5000

Apr 10, 2009
If you are out of US, you can pay for $5-$10 to unlock the phone from internet search "ulock D2g"

chigo17

Apr 5, 2012
Stuck on CWM recovery bootloop

Big thanks again for this nice work. I got everything working fine. Am running on At&T. But My phone keeps booting straight to Clockworkmod recovery, from where I'll now have to reboot. Please I need help to get the phone to boot normally!

bassie1995

Jan 9, 2011
Delft
So, this will make it possible for a US Droid 2 Global to work outside of the US with a non-US SIM? I've been reading a bit, and that's what I gathered so far.
My friend bought one without thinking it through, and none of the unlock codes he bought online (a scam, I think) worked so far.

Gasai Yuno

May 11, 2011
Rausu
So, this will make it possible for a US Droid 2 Global to work outside of the US with a non-US SIM? I've been reading a bit, and that's what I gathered so far.
This will make it possible for a US DROID2 GLOBAL to work on T-Mobile USA and AT&T Wireless mobile networks in the USA, provided the phone was unlocked for non-Verizon SIMs using an unlock code prior to performing this band unlock.

Read the opening post again, because you didn't read it.

key5000

Apr 10, 2009
Big thanks again for this nice work. I got everything working fine. Am running on At&T. But My phone keeps booting straight to Clockworkmod recovery, from where I'll now have to reboot. Please I need help to get the phone to boot normally!

You may need to check the setting on CW program.

bassie1995

Jan 9, 2011
Delft
This will make it possible for a US DROID2 GLOBAL to work on T-Mobile USA and AT&T Wireless mobile networks in the USA, provided the phone was unlocked for non-Verizon SIMs using an unlock code prior to performing this band unlock.

Read the opening post again, because you didn't read it.

I did, but it's kind of confusing here, with all the different info about unlocking and stuff.

Plus, we don't have such a stupid closed system where most phones are branded, but do use GSM. So I think my question wasn't that dumb.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

May 3, 2011
Meh

So I have followed these instructions several times both with my own nandroid backup and with one that was provided for me so I could skip the first ten steps. It could be me missing something, but I can't get it to work. It keeps giving me "Selected network (AT&T 2G) unavailable. I officially hate .629. Any help or assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks smart peeps :)

bhigham

Jan 28, 2009
check to see what baseband version you have, should be under settings/about.
it should be "N_01.48.05R"
if its not, then something got messed up and you don't have the Radio from 330

Last edited:
May 3, 2011

Thanks! I'm checking on that now. As my luck would have it, I can't switch to CDMA either. Always goes back to GSM or Global (GSM Mode) after I hit okay. Woo, only on my friday :p

Update:
Baseband is "N_01.48.05R"

---------- Post added at 12:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 AM ----------

Maybe it's the TBH Band unlock I have? Whats different in version 2? Cause I'm sure I have the original one somewhere.

Last edited:

bhigham

Jan 28, 2009
have you done a factory reset (cleared data and cache) recently?
It could also have something to do with the TBH band unlock file like you mentioned, as there are two of them floating around, but I can't be much help to you on that, as I am not in the US where I would be able to try anything out on it.

May 3, 2011
Tried it all again, still no luck :( Same message as before. I can search for networks, but when I select it I get the message. Any ideas?

D2G88

Jul 23, 2012
Hello

Hello everybody! I'm posting on here in hopes of somebody shedding a light on my troubles of freeing my phone to accept AT&T Sim. Ive already obtained the code to unlock the sim. What I'm trying to do is use this phone with AT&T in the USA.

Motorola Droid 2 Global:

System: 4.5.608.A956
Android: 2.3.3
Baseband: N_01.80.00R

After step 11 (Flash 330 SBF using RSDLite), I get the Error Code below every time I flash it. I just cant seem to pass this step. In the process of following this guide, I've lost wifi and have a blue triangle icon.

Bootloader
D0.11
Err: A5, 70,70,00,1 F
MEM_MAP Blank
Service Req'd
Batery OK
OK to Program
Transfer Mode:
USB

Please, if anybody can help I would really appreciate it! Thanks in advance.... :good:

Last edited:

Gasai Yuno

May 11, 2011
Rausu
D2G88, please read the whole line that is marked “11” again.

I repeat, please read the line corresponding to step 11 again.

Once you're done reading it again, please give it a little thought.

Open your mind. Let the text settle in your mind.

Read again:

After flash completed, phone will BRICKED, don’t worry

Take a short break, maybe 5 minutes or 15, to let it sink in.

Once it sinks in, proceed to step 12.

If it doesn't, repeat my instructions about rereading the line again.

D2G88

Jul 23, 2012

Read again:

Hey, thanks for the quick response! Although I did read that it will be bricked, I didn't think it would be bricked also in step 13. This is what I got at step 13, not letting me continue to the next step. Thanks again!

At step 13 (Flash Repack_629 SBF using RSDLite)

Bootloader
D0.11
Err: A5, 69,4E,00,40
MEM_MAP Blank
Service Req'd
Batery OK
OK to Program
Transfer Mode:
USB

Last edited:

Gasai Yuno

May 11, 2011
Rausu
Once the file is successfully flashed, pull battery. Put battery back. Power on. Enter Android recovery. Perform wipe data/factory reset.

All the usual and familiar steps.

Reactions: D2G88

D2G88

Jul 23, 2012
Once the file is successfully flashed, pull battery. Put battery back. Power on. Enter Android recovery. Perform wipe data/factory reset.

All the usual and familiar steps.

Bricked at step 13 (Flash Repack_629 SBF using RSDLite) thanks for your help:good:

Bootloader
D0.11
Err: A5, 69,4E,00,40
MEM_MAP Blank
Service Req'd
Batery OK
OK to Program
Transfer Mode:
USB

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [/SIZE][/SIZE]Start Updated on 7-20-2012

****** Due to heavy download from wordwide users, Dropbox has temporay disabled my Public share because the traffic. ******

I had to created a new PRIVATE share to keep ALL files alive

In-order to download the files you need to have account with DropBox and click here to download

To help keep all links alive, please open new account with Dropbox by click here http://db.tt/AxpJcW9F , you will receive 2.5 GB of FREE cloud storage which can acces anywhere, anytime.

End Updated on 7-20-2012

After spend days reading hundred threads on multiple sites, I have come up with a quick instruction in 1 page on how to unbrick D2G and unlock the band to use on CDMA, GSM network such as Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile. (Sim must be unlocked by calling Verizon or using third parties unlocked from internet search)

All credit will go to the original posters; I'm just combined all together to create an instruction easy for new users plus all the files download are in one place too.

Copy files from step 5, 6, 7, 9 and 18 to SD card before perform "How to" steps below:

How to un-bricked and band-unlock Droid 2 Global:
    1. Flash 608 SBF using RSDLite (VRZ_A956_4.5.608_1FF_01.sbf) (press up arrow on keyboard while power up to enter flash mode)
    2. Flash Repack_629 SBF using RSDLite (BL=2 BOOT REC CDTf__Repack_629.sbf)
    3. Reboot, wipe data and cache (press x on keyboard while power up then press volume Up+Down at the same time )
    4. Enable Unknown Source and Development features in Setting (To Bypass activation, press TopLeft, TopRight, BottomRight, BottomLeft (above Emergency))
    5. Root D2G withSuperOneClick v2.3.3
    6. InstallOtaRootKeeper, Run Protect-root then temp-unroot
    7. Reboot to recovery then install 629 OTA update.zip then reboot(Blur_Version.4.5.608.A956.Verizon.en.US.zip)
    8. Open OtaRootKeeper and restore Root
    9. InstallDroid 2 Recovery Bootstap.apk then Reboot to Recovery
    10. At Clockwork Recovery, run Backup the nan-droid
    11. Flash 330 SBF suing RSDLite (VRZ_A956_2.4.33_1FF_01.sbf) --> After flash completed, phone will BRICKED, don’t worry
    12. Flash 608 using EzSBF on USB stick (1KDStaz_D2G_4.5.608.iso) --> After flash completed, phone will BRICKED, don’t worry
    13. Flash Repack_629 SBF using RSDLite (2_BL=2 BOOT REC CDTf__Repack_629.sbf)
    14. Reboot, wipe data and cache
    15. Enable Unknown source and Development features in Setting
    16. Root D2G with SuperOneClick v2.3.3
    17. Install Droid 2 Recovery Bootstap.apk then Reboot to Recovery
    18. At Clockwork Recovery, Wipe Cache and install band unlock (TBH_Band_Unlock_v2.0.zip)
    19. At Clockwork Recovery, run RESTORE the nan-droid (the one that backup on step 10)
    20. Reboot phone then it should be able to us AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon and enjoy

If you have any questions or problems, please post it here so we can help.

Please post your feedback here after your phone is unlocked.

Also, please select your RATING :good: at the Top Right of this post

Regard,
    KEY
    For band unlockers, there should be a much simplified option, if someone wants to try it.
    I put together a 629 SBF cd, that includes the new method of rooting 629. This would allow one to band unlock by
    1 Flashing 330 with rsdlite
    2 flashing 629 with the new CD
    3 Root the phone with the new CD (if you have 1Gb or less of RAM, reboot the computer first, or it will run out of space to unzip the rooting file)
    4 Install recovery bootstrap
    5 Bootstrap recovery and install TBH band unlock.

It would need to be tried out and verified, but the CD is currently available at
    https://rapidshare.com/files/2650843793/D2G_4.5.629_SBF-and-RootCD.iso
    md5 is
    579d7d5095fc2560205033456db150a2

Theoretically, you could even do all of this without losing your current setup, but not sure if that would work well or not. It would take a couple of extra steps, as you would first need to root and bootstrap recovery, and make a nandroid backup. Then you would do the 5 steps I mentioned, but would also restore the nandroid backup at step 5. No guarantees that would work, but very possible.

Read again:

After flash completed, phone will BRICKED, don’t worry

D2G still needs the sim card slot unlocked
    try
    http://sim-unlock.net/
    or
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/221218969616

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

more here
    SIM-unlocked

I've ordered from http://sim-unlock.net and received 2 codes in about 30 minutes.
    The first code worked and now I can use the Droid 2 Global with a Vodafone sim card (from Romania)