FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

DST Registry DIY

153 posts
Thanks Meter: 14

By katsuya82, Senior Member on 23rd October 2008, 03:08 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
As Microsoft ****ed up Brisbane's time with DST (We have no DST in Brisbane = ="), apparently there is no fix on the forum, so I've found the registry that deals with it.

1. find your time zone record the timezone ID and name of your time zone from here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...6(SQL.90).aspx
For example, Brisbane is E. Australia Time, the timezone ID is 260

2. open up regedit on your computer NOT MOBILE PHONE
and go to
Code:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Time Zones
and locate your own timezone by looking for the name of your timzone

on the right tab, you can see a TZI value, copy that value.
eg. Brisbane is
Code:
a8 fd ff ff 00 00 00 00  c4 ff ff ff 00 00 00 00  
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  00 00 00 00
3. open up registry of your WM device, and go to
Code:
HKLM,SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Timezones\
4. create a new registry key using your timezone ID. Then create a Binary value called TZI, and insert the TZI value you've obtained from step 2.

5. SAVE and QUIT your registry editor

6. on your WM Machine, open up Settings => Clock & Alarms and Change your timezone to any other timezone that is NOT your current time zone.

7. Reset your phone, and change your timezone back. NOW your DST should be the same as your computers.

Enjoy~

7th November 2008, 02:00 AM |#2  
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Bloody brilliant mate; I have finally sorted this out. I spent 7 or 8 emails with our MS Premier Support guys on this.

Thanks

Neil
7th November 2008, 10:53 AM |#3  
Flag Salto-SP
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I can't find the registry key on WM, do you have any idea?

I know I'm on the right folder because it contains others like TaskMgr, Tasks, TaskScheduler, like yours, but it doesn't have a TimeZones key.

I did some research and it seems there could be another one, HKLM/Time or HKLM/TimeZones, but those don't exist either.

This is the most annoying issue I have with my phone, any help would be greatly appreciated.
8th November 2008, 03:27 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Try this FIRST, it'll install the necessary keys into ur machine. If still not working, follow my solution.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
16th December 2008, 01:55 AM |#5  
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Awesome... this works folks.

I fumbled my way to the same process after reading a few posts last night. Shame I didn't find this one, because it's all nicely laid out
13th January 2009, 12:55 AM |#6  
Cheers mate... I've been dealing with this for a while now - the easiest fix for me was simply to set my TZ to Guam and I haven't had any more issues.

Nonetheless - I'll try this fix and see what happens... any idea if M$ are going to fix it cause it'd be affecting all of QLD right?
22nd March 2009, 03:04 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 15

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windza

Cheers mate... I've been dealing with this for a while now - the easiest fix for me was simply to set my TZ to Guam and I haven't had any more issues.

Nonetheless - I'll try this fix and see what happens... any idea if M$ are going to fix it cause it'd be affecting all of QLD right?

I laughed when I read this because I did the same. I have created just the 260 timezone as shown above (had to create reg entries manually)

and all is now fine.

DT
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)