Will the new SanDisk 32GB Mobile Ultra Class 6 microSDHC card work in the EVO 3D?

Search This thread

died4u525

Jan 8, 2012
I bought a SanDisk Mobile Ultra 32GB Class 6 microSDHC-I card from Best Buy on sale for $34.99 with free shipping. I'm still waiting for it to arrive. Now I just read that it may not work with the EVO 3D. Can anyone tell me whether this is true on not? It says it's "compatible with most devices with microSDHC card slots." There is also a review by someone with a Galaxy SII and they say it works fine. I don't know if that means its fine with the EVO 3D or not. I was really looking forward to receiving this card but now I'm afraid of opening it and finding out that it doesn't work and not being able to return it because it's opened.

Here's the link to the product page:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/SanDisk...bolsp-app02-24?id=1218427115873&skuId=3695074

I included a pic of the card from Best Buy's website so you know which one I'm talking about.

Sent via Tapatalk from my EVO 3D running MeanROM 3.8

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1334848251814.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1334848251814.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 422
Last edited:

DjDom

Dec 28, 2011
Toronto
You shouldn't have any problems with it. I'm currently using a 32GB class 10 card without any problems in my Evo 3D.
The only way to find out is to try. Otherwise, you can just sell it to a buddy.

J

JohnM

Yeah, the only incompatibility issues would be microsdHC, but the phone runs sdHC cards well. The one it comes with is sdHC.

thakk

May 4, 2012
What is the speed on this card? Does it come with an adapter to plug it into your computer as well?

died4u525

Jan 8, 2012
What is the speed on this card? Does it come with an adapter to plug it into your computer as well?

I started this thread and meant to come back to it to answer that the card does work and it's nice & fast. Things definitely seem to load faster on the phone and files transfer to and from my laptop faster than my SanDisk class 4 8gb card and my SanDisk class 6 16gb card. SanDisk is the only brand I buy when it comes to SD & microSD cards. The Best Buy website said this one was class 6 but its actually a class 10. It says so on the SanDisk packaging. I like the card a lot and I think $35 was a good price.

And yes it does come with an adapter to make it the size of a regular SD card. I never use it though because I don't take the card out of the phone once I put it in.

Sent via Tapatalk from my EVO 3D running MeanROM ICS 1.2

thakk

May 4, 2012
Thanks for the reply. I'll check it out and maybe swap my 8g one out. I use the adapter to copy files to the card when I am wiping and installing and usually to back up my music and photos.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using XDA

died4u525

Jan 8, 2012
Thanks for the reply. I'll check it out and maybe swap my 8g one out. I use the adapter to copy files to the card when I am wiping and installing and usually to back up my music and photos.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using XDA

I just use a charge/sync cable so I don't have to turn my phone off, take it out of the case, take the battery door off, take the battery out, remove the card, use the adapter to put the microSD card in my laptop, transfer files and then put it all back together, all while potentially missing texts because my phone is off. But to each his own, I guess. lol I checked the link I posted and as of last night, the card was on sale for $39.99 and I think it said free shipping. Just a heads up in case you're interested. I definitely recommend it!

laie1472

Feb 18, 2010
I just use a charge/sync cable so I don't have to turn my phone off, take it out of the case, take the battery door off, take the battery out, remove the card, use the adapter to put the microSD card in my laptop, transfer files and then put it all back together, all while potentially missing texts because my phone is off. But to each his own, I guess. lol I checked the link I posted and as of last night, the card was on sale for $39.99 and I think it said free shipping. Just a heads up in case you're interested. I definitely recommend it!

Lmao

#Root-Hack_Mod*Always\

DjDom

Dec 28, 2011
Toronto
I started this thread and meant to come back to it to answer that the card does work and it's nice & fast. Things definitely seem to load faster on the phone and files transfer to and from my laptop faster than my SanDisk class 4 8gb card and my SanDisk class 6 16gb card. SanDisk is the only brand I buy when it comes to SD & microSD cards. The Best Buy website said this one was class 6 but its actually a class 10. It says so on the SanDisk packaging. I like the card a lot and I think $35 was a good price.

And yes it does come with an adapter to make it the size of a regular SD card. I never use it though because I don't take the card out of the phone once I put it in.

Good to hear it worked!
I honestly think SanDisk is better, but here in Canada, that card is barely available, and I can only find them for over $100!
I bought my Lexar card since it was a boxing day special. Originally $100, got it for about $40.
Can't really go wrong, as long as it works, right? (;

bsoplinger

Jan 17, 2011
A bit late in the day, for all I know they're sold out by now, but Amazon's Gold Box deals of the day are SanDisk micro SDHC and SSD. Great price on a 64GB micro SDHC, $60.

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Ultra-microSDXC-Adapter-SDSDQUA-064G-U46A/dp/B007WTAJTO/ref=pd_ybh_3

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

hitmanhunt

May 21, 2012
It would be great to use a 64gb card. But i have fear about that. I can't try it in my country probably. So i don't know what card work correctly :/ This one on amazon is tested on evo by anybody? Thanks for reply and sorry for my english :)

DjDom

Dec 28, 2011
Toronto

ArisenDrake

Apr 2, 2012
Dortmund
It should work, because the EVO 3D supports microSDHC up to 32 GB. And there can't be much different to ANY other SDHC card.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

C0ryB4k3r

Feb 8, 2011
FWIW I've used the 32 and have the 64 in my 3d now. Both have worked perfectly fine. With the 64 I formatted in win7 after installing a small util app from the SanDisk website.

Hammerfest

Apr 3, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Just thought I would post here since people still post and read:

I have 2x 8GB and 2x 16GB Sandisk Mobile Ultra Class 10 (UHS-1) MicroSDHC cards, they have so far been the FASTEST performing cards in terms of raw READ/WRITE and IOPS, if you format them properly for your use (I have one of my setup's listed in my signature), they are REALLY worth it!

Sandisk is now coming out with Extreme Pro editions which are a step above the Mobile Ultra, I cannot wait to have enough to buy one to test it for myself!

Sandisk and Kingston have always been the kings when it comes to memory... Kingston just wins with PC memory as well :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You shouldn't have any problems with it. I'm currently using a 32GB class 10 card without any problems in my Evo 3D.
    The only way to find out is to try. Otherwise, you can just sell it to a buddy.