any tips for setting up phone

Search This thread

panday74

Mar 11, 2012
sorry for the noob question, tried to search, couldn't find anything related.
i've been trying out the different roms to see which one i like. Is there any tips, process or app to use to speed up setting phone, like configuring your emails, contacts, etc...

thanks

nlghtcrawler

Dec 12, 2010
Roswell
Backup your user apps with titanium backup, then do a batch restore user apps. I use gosms to backup my messages.
Also if you use nova or apex launcher then do a backup with those apps.

All of my contacts are merged with Google so when i sync my gmail account all my contacts are already on my phone.

Hope this helps, happy flashing!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

Last edited:

roloracer

Jul 8, 2008
Kissimmee
sorry for the noob question, tried to search, couldn't find anything related.
i've been trying out the different roms to see which one i like. Is there any tips, process or app to use to speed up setting phone, like configuring your emails, contacts, etc...

thanks

the only things that can be setup to speed up the configuring process is in the sms/call log/apps backup restores. You don't want data restoring going from rom to rom, and I've yet to find an app that will restore widgets to the pages that you had them previously.

sms backup and restore= sms/mms backup
call log backup and restore= call log list
my backup or titanium backup= apps backup

I know it's not much but to maintain the way your homescreens are setup from rom to rom would require you maintain your data intact and that will give you nothing but issues/bugs, because data from a rom won't behave correctly in the next, this is why all roms suggest a full wipe before a flash.

Clark Joseph Kent

Senior Mod / Moderator & RC-RT Committees Lead
Staff member
Dec 17, 2011
www.marines.com
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra

picture.php

Top Liked Posts