[KITCHEN] Raphael Kitchen (From JugglerLKR and JCEspi2005)

Search This thread

mrvanx

Retired Moderator
Aug 27, 2006
York
www.mrvanx.org
OnePlus 6
Its a mismatch issue with the XIP and SYS you are running probably. What build versions are you using?

EDIT:: to elaborate on that :) gwes.exe has had some problems before that results in the apps behaving rather odd (only using the QVGA portion of the screen, large menus etc...) certain ones have this issue, the majority dont.

Last edited:

jcespi2005

Feb 15, 2006
Madrid
OnePlus 9 Pro
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
A qvga program on a vga screen, my guess ;)

Ok, for some odd reason, I am now getting the 1/4th Screen Bug too. I had been fine the past few days using your 62 kitchen, but then tonight for some odd reason, I started getting the 1/4h screen bug. I was afraid it was my device but flashing a different custom rom was fine. Also seeing that someone else had already described the bug, eased my mind. Any ideas?

Its a mismatch issue with the XIP and SYS you are running probably. What build versions are you using?

EDIT:: to elaborate on that :) gwes.exe has had some problems before that results in the apps behaving rather odd (only using the QVGA portion of the screen, large menus etc...) certain ones have this issue, the majority dont.

You are right, mrvanx... remember read something about this issue on this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=438676

Special in this part

IMP: There may be chances that although the XIP is working fine, but the windows are seen as QVGA versions. The solution to that is either of the below
XIP & SYS of the same builds or
XIP and the OS\Gwes.exe and \Base_Lang_0XXX\Gwes.exe.0xxx.mui files from same build

Cheers

kanzen

Feb 13, 2005
Can anybody confirm this?

(think I) finally understand...

- Extract the .raw files from my device.
- Use "Raphael_ROM_Kitchen_v0.62" to extract a shipped RUU_Signed.NBH.
- Mess with the OEM part of the shipped ROM to add or remove auto-installed programs etc.
- Use "Raphael_ROM_Kitchen_v0.62" to cook the adjusted extracted RUU_Signed.NBH OEM file AND my original Part01.raw and Part02.raw into a new .NBH file.
- Replace the original RUU_Signed.NBH from the shipped ROM with my new .NBH file.
- Flash my device.

pfcsabre

Apr 4, 2008
The Hague
A little help with the Kitchen, I'm still trying to port the BlackStone XIP which I think I did right, but still not booting :eek: It displays the radio information but doesn't go from there (first one I did didn't even show the radio so I know I'm making progress :p) Can anybody confirm my observations?

- Kichen deletes files on SYS:

del OEM\OEMXIPKernel\*.* /q /s
del OEM\Langdb\*.* /q /s
del SYS\MSXIPKernel\*.* /q /s
del SYS\MSXIPKernelLTK\*.* /q /s
del SYS\WinCENLS_WWE\*.* /q /s

which are actually files from the XIP. So, that means files from XIP (packed in OS.NB in ROM directory) are being used. So:

- to actually port a ROM to another device, you need to port the XIP and SYS from the same build (?)

Also, what's the actual basic workflow on porting? I'm thinking:

- port XIP, boot and test
- if working, port SYS, boot and test
- if working, delete OEM packages, boot and test
- if working, do the special tweaks, boot and test

RizwanKhan

Apr 10, 2008
Aiur
Read the TXT file inside to get the pass.

Waiting your feedback, guys.... thanks...

Cheers.

jcespi2000... umm i don't know bro if i'm missing it but how can i read the txt file without unraring the rar?? as soon as i start to extract the rar it asks me for the password and i'm sorry if i am acting blind but i didn't see it in the first or 2nd post.

thanks for help.

pfcsabre

Apr 4, 2008
The Hague
jcespi2000... umm i don't know bro if i'm missing it but how can i read the txt file without unraring the rar?? as soon as i start to extract the rar it asks me for the password and i'm sorry if i am acting blind but i didn't see it in the first or 2nd post.

thanks for help.

txt file doesn't need the pass, you can double-click it and it will extrract :) Not the Kitchen though :D

jcespi2005

Feb 15, 2006
Madrid
OnePlus 9 Pro
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
A little help with the Kitchen, I'm still trying to port the BlackStone XIP which I think I did right, but still not booting :eek: It displays the radio information but doesn't go from there (first one I did didn't even show the radio so I know I'm making progress :p) Can anybody confirm my observations?

- Kichen deletes files on SYS:

del OEM\OEMXIPKernel\*.* /q /s
del OEM\Langdb\*.* /q /s
del SYS\MSXIPKernel\*.* /q /s
del SYS\MSXIPKernelLTK\*.* /q /s
del SYS\WinCENLS_WWE\*.* /q /s

which are actually files from the XIP. So, that means files from XIP (packed in OS.NB in ROM directory) are being used. So:

- to actually port a ROM to another device, you need to port the XIP and SYS from the same build (?)

Also, what's the actual basic workflow on porting? I'm thinking:

For porting the XIP (and relationship with SYS) take a look to this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=438676

Great tutorial by ababrekar and other great guys helping in XIP porting....

Cheers

jcespi2005

Feb 15, 2006
Madrid
OnePlus 9 Pro
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
LOL I'm actually following that one :D But for the workflow..?

mmmm

I beleave you can't port only the XIP, cause XIP/SYS are related, and at least you need some files from SYS be ported with the XIP...

IMP: There may be chances that although the XIP is working fine, but the windows are seen as QVGA versions. The solution to that is either of the below
XIP & SYS of the same builds or
XIP and the OS\Gwes.exe and \Base_Lang_0XXX\Gwes.exe.0xxx.mui files from same build

golfoyrodolfo

Jun 18, 2007
VinaRock
NetCF 3,5

Hi
I have trouble with NetCF 3.5. I tried a few I've found here (zip) but I do not have good results. :(
JCespi, in its Spanish Rom is included NetCF 3.5 and works well. I may indicate a download site? We need to modify any register? :eek:

Thank you:cool:

faustiano

Jul 8, 2005
Irvine
Well, thanks to NATF and the rest of the team here I have now created my first few ROMs. There is still, so much to learn...

One quick question regarding the OEM Packages. I was wondering if I needed to modify the Raphael Packages in order to include them into the package dir so that I could use them later with Ervius? I tried just moving Raphael Packages from OEM to package directories, but when I ran Ervius it did not find those packages. It did however find the other OEM Packages that I pulled over from the Kaiser OEM Package.

Thanks again :)

faustiano

Jul 8, 2005
Irvine
A helpful tool for newbies in the Kitchen is DiffMerge (free software utility http://www.sourcegear.com/diffmerge/) that allows you to view the differences in folders and files. It is a great tool when you want to see what some of the master tool builders are doing in their development. It has really helped me to compare standard builds to custom ROMs.

Basically, download the standard shipped ROM (following the tools provided by jcespi2005 in this thread), and extract it into one RaphaelKitchen Folder, so that you have your SYS and OEM folders

Next, download your favorite Custom ROM and install it on your phone and extract the RAW files using itsutilbin.

Now you can create another RaphaelKitchen-2 Folder and create a new set of OEM and SYS folders using the Raphael Kitchen now with your favorite Custom ROM image.

Finally, you can use the DiffMerge tool to compare both Folders, and you can find the changes made by the master chef. The tool will even let you view all the text based files so you can see all the edits to the rgu, provxml, and txt files...

Hope this helps some of the new chefs out there...

jcespi2005

Feb 15, 2006
Madrid
OnePlus 9 Pro
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
RecMod.exe is crashing on my XP when extracting a ROM , is this a known problem ?
(Seems like this occurs when when executing "..\Tools\ImgfsToDump.exe imgfs.bin")

This is the ROM: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=439662

(Trying to fix Swedish keyboard)

/Rgds, HansN

Not all ROMs are usable in the Kitchen...
Try a shipped or dumped ROM (or unprotected...) for better results

Hi
I have trouble with NetCF 3.5. I tried a few I've found here (zip) but I do not have good results. :(
JCespi, in its Spanish Rom is included NetCF 3.5 and works well. I may indicate a download site? We need to modify any register? :eek:

Thank you:cool:

Link to the .NET 3.5 packaged...

http://rapidshare.com/files/164422853/NetCF3.5.zip

Cheers

jcespi2005

Feb 15, 2006
Madrid
OnePlus 9 Pro
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
So if the ROM cant be used in Kitchen directly, I can install it and then dump it to RAW files that kitchen can use, right ?

/Rgds, Hans

The problem is not the way to use the ROM in the kitchen, but the way the cooker modify the ROM to make it unusable into any kitchen.
There are some methods to do this, one is delete RGU files just before doing imgfsfromdump, other one is use of "all_packages_to_one" tool (that deletes the RGU files too and modify the DSM and package info files), and some other are modifying the IMGFS header inside the OS.NB file making the imgfs partition unextractable, so sorry to say this, but if some ROM is unusable into the kitchen, there is no way to use it...

Cheers