583 posts
Thanks Meter: 321

Post Reply Email Thread
15th July 2012, 10:43 AM |#301  
Thanks Meter: 103

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatta

I think that is not really something you want.
But it you really want everything on/data and leave /datadata empty.. just create an empty file ".nodatadata" in /datadata and reboot.
I assume that works on slim as well, if it doesn't, dump slim.

Taptalked u see

I know that trick.pawitp was the one who told me that one.like during initial days of cm9 beta.but it doesn't take long for it to not work.well uninstalling some apps after applying that fix screws it up for some reason-notification comes back if we do so.

for some reason just flashing this new zip has taken care of the low storage problem.I didnt edit no txt files as said in op.it auto configured I guess.

edit:I don't know if anyone has reported this but I seem to have a bug.my home button and lock screen not working properly anymore.let me explain:
press power button-screen off.
press home button-screen on except there's no pattern lock anymore.and the home button doesn't work anywhere else except for making screen on.some help please
I don't know if its related to the fix or not.first time I'm having this problem.

15th July 2012, 04:31 PM |#302  
Inactive Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Sneek
Thanks Meter: 1,568

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by senotrius

I know that trick.pawitp was the one who told me that one.like during initial days of cm9 beta.but it doesn't take long for it to not work.well uninstalling some apps after applying that fix screws it up for some reason-notification comes back if we do so.

for some reason just flashing this new zip has taken care of the low storage problem.I didnt edit no txt files as said in op.it auto configured I guess.

edit:I don't know if anyone has reported this but I seem to have a bug.my home button and lock screen not working properly anymore.let me explain:
press power button-screen off.
press home button-screen on except there's no pattern lock anymore.and the home button doesn't work anywhere else except for making screen on.some help please
I don't know if its related to the fix or not.first time I'm having this problem.

Some have that, some don't.. I've had it without the script a couple of times. Lucky you have made a nandroid ofcourse because a factory reset is what you have to do now. Sometimes only a format /datadata doe doe the trick but that was when I didn't have a datafix so all data was in /datadata, now it is spread between /data/data/ and /datadata/..
The Following User Says Thank You to Zatta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zatta Ad-Free
15th July 2012, 04:31 PM |#303  
Thanks Meter: 310

More
That issues are related to the fix. I don't know why but they are. Happened to me already a couple of times and always after flashing a datadata fix or editing the partitions myself. For me, only a Factory Reset did it.
The Following User Says Thank You to dastinger For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dastinger Ad-Free
15th July 2012, 08:43 PM |#304  
Flag Sneek

More
Hmm, yes and no, it is related to some loss of data. The risk to lose some is higher when moving data around than to leave it in place I guess. But it is something that happens with and without script.

Taptalked u see
The Following User Says Thank You to Zatta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zatta Ad-Free
15th July 2012, 11:19 PM |#305  
Flag Kaunas/Kėdainiai Lithuania
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Thumbs up
perfect on latest CM9 with 152MB free space tnx
16th July 2012, 01:22 AM |#306  
Flag Regina, Sask
Thanks Meter: 292

More
Quote:

Keep in mind the notification will also appear if your /data/data fills up. This happened to me after I decided to see how many games I could install. I have 112 games installed, 273 total apps (including system). Lots of 50+ mb apps. That was my limit.

Quote:

for some reason just flashing this new zip has taken care of the low storage problem.I didnt edit no txt files as said in op.it auto configured I guess

Well of course. Without any apps in either configuration (text) files, it will move all lib files to /data and leave everything else on /datadata. This still gives a tremendous improvement to space in /datadata.
The Following User Says Thank You to upichie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift upichie Ad-Free
17th July 2012, 01:36 AM |#307  
Flag Sneek

More
What is this ?

A coopertion between Wendigogo and Zatta. Thanks to Upichie for being our betatester!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zatta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zatta Ad-Free
17th July 2012, 02:36 AM |#308  
Flag Montréal
Thanks Meter: 730

Donate to Me
More
Exactly what I had in mind the first time I see the Wendigogo version of data fix.

Thanks you.

Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9000 avec Tapatalk
17th July 2012, 04:14 AM |#309  
Flag GT
Thanks Meter: 375

Donate to Me
More
nice app i was just thinking of adding something like this too my app now you saved me the trouble

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to BradleyR2010 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BradleyR2010 Ad-Free
17th July 2012, 10:03 AM |#310  
Flag Regina, Sask
Thanks Meter: 292

More
AWESOME!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
datafix, init.d, low storage

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)