FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[TOOL] Whatsapp Xtract: Backup Messages Extractor / Database Analyzer / Chat-Backup

205 posts
Thanks Meter: 280

By ztedd, Senior Member on 5th April 2012, 08:13 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th July 2012, 05:50 PM |#231  
Flag Lisse
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztedd

No, there isn't such a function. Why would you need that?

Because I want to merge 2 whatsapp chat history's with eachother. I can edit the conversations in the .HTML file, but not in the .DB file...
Thats why

12th July 2012, 09:30 AM |#232  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by koenster

Because I want to merge 2 whatsapp chat history's with eachother. I can edit the conversations in the .HTML file, but not in the .DB file...
Thats why

Merging of chat database files is already on the feature requests list.
12th July 2012, 09:32 AM |#233  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salomonisch

I also have this problem, all db's since yesterday or the day before react with this "Error Message", older db's still works fine...
And yes i copied at least ten times each db and tried it again and again... But no change...
Please help me and the other ones... Thanks in advance!

Then maybe the answer is exactly what is described inside the error message:
Quote:

Could not decrypt database file. Guess it's not a valid Android/Iphone database
file or Whatsapp changed the encryption.

Which version of Whatsapp on Android do you use?
12th July 2012, 10:34 PM |#234  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

Then maybe the answer is exactly what is described inside the error message:

Which version of Whatsapp on Android do you use?

I use the WhatsApp Version 2.7.9946
A friend of mine has the same problem since update...
Still thanks in advance
13th July 2012, 08:13 PM |#235  

More
Quote:

Do you get this error only with that particular msgstore.db.crypt file, but not with others?

all db after 26 are having this problem guess whatsapp has released a new update and it got updated
13th July 2012, 09:03 PM |#236  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Thanks...was looking for this.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
13th July 2012, 11:06 PM |#237  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salomonisch

I use the WhatsApp Version 2.7.9946
A friend of mine has the same problem since update...
Still thanks in advance

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhiraj228

all db after 26 are having this problem guess whatsapp has released a new update and it got updated

I just tried the newest version 2.8.529 and it still works fine. I have no idea what's the problem. If you like you can send me a sample database file that doesn't work and I'll have a look on it. Just contact me by private message.
14th July 2012, 08:13 AM |#238  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
hi ztedd,

I am using your tool since a few weeks, and it's awesome! thanks for this.
Do you know if it's possible to merge the db-files into one with all messages?
e.g. I have 7 backup files, i deleted some messages every day, and now I want to have an overview of all messages over these last 7 days.
I saw that every message have an ID defined as primary key in the DB-file. But with my knowledge of sqlite it was not possible for me to get the desired result

thanks for your support
17th July 2012, 03:30 PM |#239  
OP Senior Member

More
Merge multiple sqlite database files
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvi70

Do you know if it's possible to merge the db-files into one with all messages?
e.g. I have 7 backup files, i deleted some messages every day, and now I want to have an overview of all messages over these last 7 days.
I saw that every message have an ID defined as primary key in the DB-file.

Merging of multiple whatsapp databases is still on the feature request list.

But you can use this tool to merge two sqlite databases and afterwards convert the merged database with Whatsapp Xtract:
SQLite Compare
http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/...ompare-Utility

HOW TO MERGE SQLITE DATABASE FILES WITH SQLite Compare:
  • 1. Open the old database file in SQLite Database Browser ( http://sqlitebrowser.sourceforge.net/ ). Open the table messages in Browse Data. Press the Button " > " as often as necessary to get to the last page. Scroll down to the last message. Now write down the number (_id) of that last message, e.g. 65422
  • 2. Now open the new database file in SQLite Database Browser. Open the table messages in Browse Data. Click on the first entry (which has most fields with value "-1"). Click on Delete Record. Have a look at the now first entry and write down the number (_id) of that first message, e.g. 12
    Now Click on Execute SQL and execute the following SQL statement:
    UPDATE messages set _id = (65422 + 1 + _id - 12)
    (replace 65422 by your last message _id in the old database and 12 by your first message _id in the new database)
  • 3. Now all messages in the new database have the correct _id's.
    Click on Save. Close all windows of SQLite Database Browser.
  • 4. Download & Install SQLite Compare ( http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/...ompare-Utility ). Open SQLite Compare.
  • 5. File - Compare
    For example:
    Left file: msgstore-2012-06-01.1.plain.db
    Right file: msgstore-2012-06-07.1.plain.db
    (Make sure to have a backup of both files!)
    x Compare schema and data
    x Compare BLOB fields
    OK
  • 6. Double Click on table "messages" in the result window OR left click on table "messages" and hit button "Edit selected difference..."
  • 7. A new window opens, "Table messages"
    Click on blue button "R" (it's located after "Refresh Comparison", "L" and before "≠", "=")
  • 8. Now on the right side all messages are shown that aren't included in the left file.
    Now you can select multiple messages (first left click on the first message to select, then scroll down to the last message to select and press SHIFT + left click on the last message to select).
    I noticed that you can't handle too many messages at once as it produces an error. Just try. I succeeded with about 1000-1500 messages.

Now click on the button with the arrow from right to left: ←

Now the selected messages are copied from the right database to the left database.
  • 9. Repeat the steps in (8.) until all the messages are copied from the right file to the left file.
  • 10. Maybe you also need to to this for the table chat_list if there are some new chat contacts in the newer backup file.
  • 11. Now the left file (e.g. msgstore-2012-06-01.1.plain.db) contains all the messages from the prior file msgstore-2012-06-01.1.plain.db and the newer file msgstore-2012-06-07.1.plain.db. (No saving necessary as the tool automatically applies the changes to the file after pressing the ← button).
  • 12. Now you have 3 options how to go on:

a) Do you want to merge another database file, appending it to the merged file? Then repeat the steps with an even newer database file on the right, e.g. msgstore-2012-06-12.1.plain.db, if you have multiple database files to merge.

b) Do you want to import the merged database file to Whatsapp? Then rename the merged database file (the left one) to "msgstore.db", copy it to the sdcard to location /sdcard/WhatsApp/Databases/msgstore.db and make sure that it's the only file in that folder. Now install Whatsapp and confirm when asked to import the Backup during installation.

c) Or do you want to convert the merged database file to browser-friendly html using Whatsapp Xtract? Then give the left file msgstore-2012-06-01.1.plain.db to Whatsapp Xtract, e.g. using drag and drop onto the whatsapp_xtract_drag'n'drop_database(s)_here.bat.
The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to ztedd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ztedd Ad-Free
17th July 2012, 03:52 PM |#240  

Donate to Me
More
Thanks!
26th July 2012, 09:51 PM |#241  

More
Buisiness edition
Hello,

I´am new here. Sorry for my bad englisch but i´m a german boy and my school time are many years ago.
I have a problem to encrypt my backup from an android-system. I install Python but when i klick/ want to install !install pyCrypto.bat DOS said to me:

This package requieres a valid Buisness Edition please visit www_activestat..........

I have installed Python 2.7. I don´t know what i should do or what I forget. Please help me if anybody know what I should do, thx

nobotics
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)