[X50V] ROM WM6.1 VOIP Professional (WWE/GER/ITA/ESN/FRA)

Search This thread

makuu

May 26, 2006
[X50V] ROM WM6.1 VOIP Professional (WWE/GER/ITA/ESN/FRA)​

makuu_x50v_A09WWE_111108.png
makuu_x50v_A09WWEtvga_111108.png

makuu_WM61_EN_3_251008.jpg
makuu220308_youtube.png

My First thanks to Maglite and Football. Maglite was the first to release a custom rom for the x50v, he was the one with Football to explain me about xip & xipport, when I registered to 4pda.ru. These roms were built using a derived kitchen from Football's kitchen.

These roms share the same kernel than the x51v's one and are directly derived from them. They are stricly for x50v, the one from the x51v are located here .

You can only flash your x50v with these roms, if your device is running WM5 aku 2.3.1 or higher. If you attempt to flash over a WM2003 bootloader, you will brick your device.

This rom is indeed a full professional rom, with this rom your x50v is not a PDA anymore, it will just become a real VOIP Pdaphone.

What is the difference between a x50v regular rom with a VOIP software (like Sjphone) and this WM6.1 VOIP rom?

Here are the main benifits once your axim is properly configured:

- You only need to turn on your wifi to place or receive VOIP call (You don't need to start any software because the VOIP is native on the OS)
- You can call directly from your contact
- You can import call log and dialed number from any other phone using PimBackup
- There are three way to check your PDAphone is connected to the VOIP network
1/ You can see the two network call bar from the top bar
2/ You can use the VOIP today plugin
3/ You can see your VOIP network from the phone application itself.

Also this incredible rom is available in 5 different localized version: WWE/WWE/GER/ITA/ESN/FRA

Status of these 5 roms:

Rom A09 PRO_VOIP (private "pure" edition):

WM6.1 Professional - CE OS 5.2.19965 (Build 19965.1.2.3) with "4.8 MB Pagepool"

And includes the following

-- Native VOIP support
-- Setup VOIP from Schap to configure your VOIP setup.
-- SDHC support
-- Outlook Enhancementsupport
-- WPA-TSK vagus fix.
-- NetCF 3.5
-- SQLCE 3.5 (Localized)
-- wireless manager, is there but tricky to use.
-- Softkey Applet (a powerfull applet that allows you to change your softkey without having to soft reset)
-- TCPMP 0.72 (Localized) with two different subtitle support (thanks will5 for the information about the new subtitle pluggin) and YouTube support (Subtitle support for SMI in video "Intel 2700G" mode and not in "Intel 2700G Decoder" mode)
It also includes avc, aac & ac3 plugin. TCPMP is an alternative to WM Player. File associations is availble in TCPMP settings
-- PIE 6.1 and YouTube plugin, scrolling can be done using directional button, PIE Ramdisk is available in Scripts & Tricks section (it uses ram for PIE cache to improve performance). About the YouTube Plugin, it works natively. If you surf on YouTube with PIE, when you click on a video a context menu will be displayed (see screenshot above). Then you will be able to save the video or to view it online through TCPMP.
-- DF's PIM Backup 2.8 (a replacement for Data Backup)
-- ModemIS, a string initialization modem utility.
-- 7-zip, if you need to extract 7z compressed files.
-- aximsite wireless switcher
-- screen capture, a simple screen capture utility (Not in German rom)
-- Notepad, a very usefull text editor.
-- GSFinder+, a replacement for File Explorer, this version has an High Resolution feature. I find this software more interesting than Resco Explorer because of this feature and also because it's faster.
-- ozVGA and WM6.1 trueVGA Localized dlls, to switch in TrueVGA mode (The German rom contains only the trueVGA dlls and not the trueVGA applet)
-- MortScrip 4.1
-- NoPluginsToday, a switcher to quickly de-activate all your plugin and re-activate them all. Plugin de-activation will boost your device.
-- MagicButton, so all application will close and release memory instead of being minimized (a replacement for switcher bar) (Not in German rom)
-- Ramdisk see "Menneisyys" article. These rom will automount a 3 Mo ramdisk with filesys.exe TempPath pointing to the ramdisk. Unmounting the ramdisk will autopoint to permanent storage, while mounting any ramdisk will automatically point the TempPath the the ramdisk.
-- Hibernate, a powerfull tool to claim unused memory.
-- UC ROM capability
The package contains the following UC components with the appropriate SDConfig.txt:
----- PocketRAR 3.80 (Localized)
----- DF's Task Manager / Registry Editor 3.1, a very good task manager embedding a usefull registry editor (with this software and GSFinder+, you don't need Resco File explorer anymore).
---- x51v Mix
---- Windows Live 10.6.39.1300
---- MagicButton (only in German package)
---- screen capture (only in German package)

with following registry tricks:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\ObjectStore\RegistryType=0 , (file based registry)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Navigation\"4-Way Nav"=0

Compaction thread :
One of the best way to fight against compaction thread is to reassign all temp files to ramdisk. By default, this 4.8 pagepool rom will autoload a 3 Mo ram disk and ensure more than 30 Mo of free memory to run the programs. You can easily unmount or change the capacity of the ramdisk using the preconfigured features located in program files/ramdisks. Like mentioned before it will automatically point filesys.exe TempPath to the ramdisk. I also strongly suggest to use Pie_Ramdisk (in tips&tricks) instead of Pie.

Also if you want to check compaction thread behaviour with different pagepool values, you can use Paveld PPeditor. (Thanks Paveld & wllw from 4pda)
Instruction to use Paveld PPeditor

Kitchen from Football is available here.

Update: A09 VOIP Gold release
It's more like a dking special, those rom have :
--a patched gwes.exe to avoid the display problem in menus (thanks to dking that was kind enough to explain me his tutorial published in russian in 4pda.)
--dking patched drivers for Axim's screen backlight on minimum brightness
(it should also fix the french menu displayed when trying to access YouTube from PIE)

Update 2: A09 VOIP Gold with patch filesys.exe release
It's the very same A09 VOIP Gold release, with a custom shsmith patch filesys.exe v6.3. I've use cook method highlighted by Menneisyys to generate those patch filesys.exe.
The patch is launched at startup and can be invoked also from Scripts & Tricks section.

Last Update: A09 523F release

WM6.1 VOIP Pro (21055) WWE only

This rom is build over the last WM6.1 build (dated september 2009) and have finger scrolling ability.

features:
--pure WM6.1 rom with only added screen capture utility, Mortscript, SDHC support, WPA-TSK vagus fix, Softkey Applet, aximsite wireless switcher.
--dking 2700G driver
--patched Wireless Manager
--The Pro rom has native VOIP all other WM6.1 bonus (except IE6 Mobile that is removed) could be installed by UC, but you have to get it from the x51v rom (Including My Phone and SkyMarket, and other bonus)

UC will install Office Mobile, and will kick with filesys.exe after reset, You'll have to wait 5 minutes to start benefit the full speed rom (when filesys goes down to 0% of cpu).

Tip for downloading from rapidshare: use jdownloader.

If you like these rom and you wish to donate.

If you are interested by the french rom please participate here.

Attachments

• Paveld_PPEditor.zip
    337.2 KB · Views: 735
Last edited:

makuu

May 26, 2006
Some tricks related to VOIP part:

You can use up to two VOIP configuration. Using setup VOIP from Schap, you can create your 1st VOIP configuration.
Then go to \Windows\system\VOIP and duplicate the Prov1SIPSettings file to Prov1BackupSIPSettings. Re-use setup voip to configure your second VOIP configuration.

If you don't use headset, and you use the speaker and mike from the x50v (by using it up side down), reduce the speaker sound to avoid echoing.

Last edited:

satani

Aug 25, 2007
just now i'm flashing my x50v to the german version. I was using the 6.1 from LennySh A09 before, but WLAN was not working perfectly, as it did in WM5 and of course, it was english. I'm interested, how this rom works. gonna write about it then...

Well, played around with it and: i love you for making this rom completely german. (as from first post, i understood that only the home-screen should be german), anyway it's great! And reacts much better than the A09 WM6.1 from LennySh before. A really great Rom. (Is good that it's german, as i'm gonna sell this device, when i get my MDA Pro, which may arrive some time these days, And i think, it's going to sell more, if there's a german WM6.1 on it. Thanks for this rom!!

Last edited:

caxio

Dec 10, 2006
run fast but wifi works only whit wep ,wpa disconnect every 5 five second

mcdull

Feb 15, 2007
Hong Kong
run fast but wifi works only whit wep ,wpa disconnect every 5 five second

I have no problem with WPA TKIP. Keep connect and it is supported natively.
No on / off / on trick is needed.

Also, this roms seems lessen the filesys compaction problem, even the CPU loading at 624Mhz, it is still responsive.

EDITman

Oct 4, 2007
new voip user

Can you recommend me on a good VOIP provider. so I can set my new x50v rom.

what VOIP provider are you guys yusing ?

1heli

Nov 12, 2008
where should I install programs

my congratulations, great rom! thanks for providing it!
I have just a one question:
do you recommend to install programs like agenda fusion to the device or to a sd card (concerning the filesys issue)
thanks in advance

JoeBlob

May 24, 2007
the german rom seems to have bricked my x50v. i get memory errors when booting and cannot reflash the rom from sd card.

makuu

May 26, 2006
the german rom seems to have bricked my x50v. i get memory errors when booting and cannot reflash the rom from sd card.

You might have bricked your axim if it was running WM2003 prior flashing with a M6.1 rom. There are stickies on aximsite that should help you recover in this case.

But remember that there is always a risk to flash your device it can always be bricked.

satani

Aug 25, 2007
Nice work! But what about troubles with filesys.exe 99% CPU use?

haven't noticed so far yet. (but don't care anymore, as i'm going to sell my X50v now, because i now have my HTC Universal.

btw @ EDITman
VOIP depends mostly on your ISP / internet provider. If you have DSL and a telephone flatrate, you might be able to use your home connection, as the telephone-connection goes over internet. (that's VOIP). I don't know, if you can use VOIP anywhere else but home.

Top Liked Posts